Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

10 minutes ago, Scott. said:

An album full of pop summer songs. Can’t wait

Maybe if you went outside every once in a while you’d understand why people enjoy summer and the things that come with it.

• Like 2

Rather have songs that stand the test of time like smiley face/Neighborhoods or BCR/+44 than songs written to be hits for the summer only to be forgotten about a couple of years down the line. Anyway, might possibly get shit for this but Blame It On My Youth is kinda growing on me. I now no longer think it's a shit song. Hopefully it's the upbeat first single of the album, similar to what Feeling This was. I just really wish the song got fast and had louder guitars in the final chorus, like Feeling This. And I also wish the gang vocals were way lower in the mix.

“This album is a lot like untitled. A stylistic departure, with a much darker and serious sound than previous albums. We are taking our foundation and going in weird directions. 

Heres our new song Blame it on my Youth off the album Endless Summer!!”

so dark, much experimental, wow

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Reg said:

“This album is a lot like untitled. A stylistic departure, with a much darker and serious sound than previous albums. We are taking our foundation and going in weird directions. 

Heres our new song Blame it on my Youth off the album Endless Summer!!”

so dark, much experimental, wow

Exactly. There will be no rock songs on this. It’ll be a bubblegum pop record. They only just wrote this single didn’t they? I bet they’ve changed the whole album since he made that statement. 

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Maybe if you went outside every once in a while you’d understand why people enjoy summer and the things that come with it.

I work outside but good effort 

Don’t you work like one day a week you lazy sack of shit?

• Haha 2

Damn, one day a week is not much. 

I work two days a week, I call it the opposite weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Don’t you work like one day a week you lazy sack of shit?

3 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

3 days

So for 4/7 days of the week you’re inside, curtains drawn,  in front of your computer complaining about summer and blink-182. What a life.

To be fair I’d probably hate summer too if I had to live in that dreary, boring, nothing of a country you call home.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, Ghent said:

"I think it's that it's 2019 now, and some people just don't realize that. Music is music."

Punk bands still exist in 2019

LOL 

That song just gave me aids.

You want them to sound like a mediocre screamo band from 2006?

• Haha 3

That song should be pretty easy to like for fans of punk rock. Not saying you have to think it's the greatest thing ever (I mean I don't it's just a good track) but it has great production, solid riffs, tight drumming, and a memorable chorus. I posted it because it came out in 2019 and is clearly reminiscent of bands like Belvedere, No Use for A Name, Arrogant Sons of Bitches, NOFX, Lipona, FACT...all bands that are in the same genre of melodic punk that gave us Cheshire and Dude Ranch! Which apparently blink can't sound like anymore because they have to sound like Imagine Dragons and All Time Low to exist in 2019, which is just a stupid argument. 

Also there are like 10 seconds of screams combined in that song. Like about the amount fucking MCR used on Three Cheers. So if that annoys you to the point where you delegitimize it by calling it "screamo" like a 4th grader than I regret even engaging with you. I understand blink doesn't use screams but how could you be on a message board about a punk band but still use that term it's just ridiculous. For me Blink was the gateway band into punk and all of its subgenres - post-hardcore, metalcore, hardcore, etc.

13 minutes ago, decisions said:

That song should be pretty easy to like for fans of punk rock. Not saying you have to think it's the greatest thing ever (I mean I don't it's just a good track) but it has great production, solid riffs, tight drumming, and a memorable chorus. I posted it because it came out in 2019 and is clearly reminiscent of bands like Belvedere, No Use for A Name, Arrogant Sons of Bitches, NOFX, Lipona, FACT...all bands that are in the same genre of melodic punk that gave us Cheshire and Dude Ranch! Which apparently blink can't sound like anymore because they have to sound like Imagine Dragons and All Time Low to exist in 2019, which is just a stupid argument. 

Also there are like 10 seconds of screams combined in that song. Like about the amount fucking MCR used on Three Cheers. So if that annoys you to the point where you delegitimize it by calling it "screamo" like a 4th grader than I regret even engaging with you. I understand blink doesn't use screams but how could you be on a message board about a punk band but still use that term it's just ridiculous. For me Blink was the gateway band into punk and all of its subgenres - post-hardcore, metalcore, hardcore, etc.

We get it, you love waterweed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

We get it, you love waterweed

Hell yeah I do. Is there something cool about shitting on a great punk band that's been running strong for around 15 years? 

Here's another great band I could've posted from Brazil. They put this single out - in 2019! Without sounding like a pop band! What a concept. Bands around the world showing Blink how it's done. 

But whatever guess people here just aren't into this kind of stuff. That's fine I'm not really interested in attempting to convince people that the music I like is good, you do you. 

47 minutes ago, decisions said:

Punk bands still exist in 2019

A Wilhelm Scream did this style way better like 20 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

A Wilhelm Scream did this style way better like 20 years ago. 

waterweed writes better melodies than AWH. Nonetheless, I like that band too. This response misses the entire point of my post, which was that bands are still doing punk today, despite Ghent saying that music in 2019 has to sound like BIOMY, and posting that stupid rhetoric all over this entire message board.