Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

One of my favorites on the album, glad it made it!!! 

So if you are in the "even the slightest hint of co-writing ruins everything crowd", surely you hate Tom's new song where Aaron Rubin explicitly told Tom what he wanted the verses to do? Or is that ok since he's Tom's burrito buddy and Tom can't afford Pharrell?

That's like Matt writing with Mark. 

Just now, thongrider said:

Aaron is the producer.  Illan is the prodigy-boy-wonder drummer. 

Isn't Rubin in the band? I don't think it can be compared if that's the case.

• Like 1

Just now, thongrider said:

No, it's like Matt's fat brother who is a producer/co-writer telling Mark what to write while Matt is off playing an ALK3 show... 

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

Isn't Rubin in the band? I don't think it can be compared if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Aaron is the producer.  Illan is the prodigy-boy-wonder drummer. 

yeah having the bands drummer and his producer who you worked with on music for the last 6 years writing with you is totally the same as hiring various industry writers that write for major pop acts

🙄  i don't really care anymore who they choose to write with but it's not remotely the same.

also constantly bodyshaming their producer because he is overweight doesn't make your argument more valid

• Like 10

I don't really know or care how AVA writes their songs or whether it's changed over the years, I've never been much of a fan of their music anyway. One of the cool things about Blink was that their music had a special spark that came directly from Mark and Tom's relationship and songwriting skills working together, and Travis's insane creativity taking things to a new level.

We don't need to have this argument over and over again haha but most of us assumed that it would morph into something new that was similarly based on Mark and Matt and Travis's skills working together, and instead of rolling with that they dumped 30 songs they wrote on their own and decided to work with outside songwriters for the first time in the band's history.

If it doesn't bother you that's fine, I think it's lame but it doesn't get me too worked up anymore. Like I said the other day, we're living in a post-California world now haha my expectations are just not high. I've gotten used to the band not being the same as it was in the glory days, they're not coming back, I'll find ways to enjoy what I can with the new version of Blink and continue to roll my eyes as needed as well haha.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

is  it because they are jewish?

I think Tom can hire someone better to write his music than a Youtube star and his fat brother

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

also constantly bodyshaming their producer because he is overweight doesn't make your argument more valid

I'm started to get why new members aren't coming here. Shit is dire.

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

No, it's like Matt's fat brother who is a producer/co-writer telling Mark what to write while Matt is off playing an ALK3 show... 

fanfic? i don't think aaron tells tom what to write. I don't think tom's ego would accept that.

The only thing we know for sure is a 5 second snippet of aaron suggesting a different approach on the drums in a verse of a song. that's what a producer does.

it's totally useless to discuss this any further as people from both camps constantly post fake theories combined with insults, contradicting themselves constantly without really knowing what they are talking about. the hypocrisy in this thread is terrible....

why can't it go down like this:

A: i don' really like them writing songs this way and i don't like the result

B: i love the new song, i don't care how they write it 

instead we get and endless cycle of:

A: feldy is a coke snorting donut addict that tells everybody what to do.

B: Tom Delonge has unwashed hair and his producer is fat. i hate him. blink rulez. tom is miserable

it was funny for a year or two but it's starting to get really really tiring and ruins any chance on an actual interesting discussion

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I think Tom can hire someone better to write his music than a Youtube star and his fat brother

ok, I didn't know ilan was a youtube star

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Youtube star? Wasn't he in Nine Inch Nails or something before teaming up with Tom?

outside of AVA he's worked with Lost Prophets, Nine Inch Nails and Paramore.

• Like 2

Having Ilan Rubin in AVA has helped them in my opinion. I've said before that AVA was always just Tom and his lackeys. Then Ilan comes along and is part of the songwriting process, which is fair enough because he's in the band. As for his brother, he's nowhere near as up front as Feldman. He might be the producer of them now, but he's basically what Chris Holmes was for Mark. Another yes man. Apples and oranges.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

outside of AVA he's worked with Lost Prophets, Nine Inch Nails and Paramore.

as well as live drumming for fenix tx. not liking his drumming or music is perfectally fine. i find his new regime stuff impressive, but i can't listen to it and i don't really like the songs. but calling him a youtube star is ridiculous

1 minute ago, Neal said:

as well as live drumming for fenix tx. not liking his drumming or music is perfectally fine. i find his new regime stuff impressive, but i can't listen to it and i don't really like the songs. but calling him a youtube star is ridiculous

Well this is the same set of people who think disliking Lil Wayne automatically makes you a racist so I'm not really expecting reasonable arguments or commentary anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Where does the Youtube star thing even come from? Or is just Ghent being Ghent?

ghent realised he once again shittalked himself in to a a corner and tries now to go overboard on the stupidity to appear like he is just trolling for the lolz. aka oliver style

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

fanfic? i don't think aaron tells tom what to write. I don't think tom's ego would accept that.

it's totally useless to discuss this any further as people from both camps constantly post fake theories combined with insults, contradicting themselves constantly. the hypocrisy in this thread is terrible....

I can easily change this for from our viewpoint and it's exactly what you are preaching on your side... "I don't think Feldy tells Mark what to write. I don't think Mark's ego would accept that." and I really don't... 

Agree on the hypocrisy, which is what we fight back and forth pointing out.... If someone tells Mark what to do in a song, it's game over = song ruined, legacy ruined. If outside help tells Tom what to do, it gets a pass.

For the record, I think it's lame and don't think they need it, but as @Ghent pointed out, only the end product matters. At the end of the day, this is what they want to do and sound like it. Don't blame co-writers/production, blame them if you don't like it. 

• Like 1