Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Well this is the same set of people who think disliking Lil Wayne automatically makes you a racist so I'm not really expecting reasonable arguments or commentary anymore. 

it's a shame it has to be this way. this place could be great. but yeah, it's the internet and people are frustrated

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

ghent realised he once again shittalked himself in to a a corner and tries now to go overboard on the stupidity to appear like he is just trolling for the lolz. aka oliver style

It's not my fault the JoJo Siwa of drums writes Tom's songs for him mate

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I can easily change this for from our viewpoint and it's exactly what you are preaching on your side... "I don't think Feldy tells Mark what to write. I don't think Mark's ego would accept that." and I really don't... 

hence why i said "people from both camps" . i'm not innocent on this. but i'm tired of it myself , so i'm just suggesting we tone it down a bit and stay constructive and real.

you can't blame the tombots for thinking feldmann had a huge say in the album though:

https://www.fuse.tv/2016/06/blink-182-california-producer-john-feldmann-track-by-track

but people claiming feldman wrote the album and they had no say in it is stupid too, i agree

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

One of my favorites on the album, glad it made it!!! 

So if you are in the "even the slightest hint of co-writing ruins everything crowd", surely you hate Tom's new song where Aaron Rubin explicitly told Tom what he wanted the verses to do? Or is that ok since he's Tom's burrito buddy and Tom can't afford Pharrell?

I'm no AVA expert but isn't Rubin a member of the band?

I am not in that crowd, I am in the crowd of a band like blink shouldn't need to hire multiple songwriters to write their album.

Also don't get why everything is so tit for tat, it's like you can't make a point about blink without it being put back on with a Tom Delonge comparison - you are aware you can have an opinion on blink-182 without it being intrinsically linked to Tom/AVA right?,

As a quick FYI, I think the new AVA song is pretty bad and I have no reason to favour that over new blink.

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Ilan is, but Aaron isn't. And Aaron got songwriting credits left and right

Ghent is actually far worse than tombots. He hasn't admitted a single thing wrong with the current Blink setup since it started despite tons and tons of logic and fact being thrown at him.

At least tombots will acknowledge that they are sick of Tom's shit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I am not in that crowd, I am in the crowd of a band like blink shouldn't need to hire multiple songwriters to write their album.

Also don't get why everything is so tit for tat, it's like you can't make a point about blink without it being put back on with a Tom Delonge comparison - you are aware you can have an opinion on blink-182 without it being intrinsically linked to Tom/AVA right?,

As a quick FYI, I think the new AVA song is pretty bad and I have no reason to favour that over new blink.

Yes, indeed. In fact, that's what I said a few messages ago or in another thread, don't remember. He's a 100% member, so whatever he says/does is totally legit. Nothing to do with blink's situation, not by any means.

And as far as I know, Ilan's brother is producing (or co-producing along with the rest of the band), so everything looks ok.

To blame Aaron of whatever, being the producer, it's like blaming Critter for whatever in We Don't Need To Whisper, or Finn in blink.

It's so obvious that denying it looks more like trolling than anything.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yes, indeed. In fact, that's what I said a few messages ago or in another thread, don't remember. He's a 100% member, so whatever he says/does is totally legit. Nothing to do with blink's situation, not by any means.

And as far as I know, Ilan's brother is producing (or co-producing along with the rest of the band), so everything looks ok.

To blame Aaron of whatever, being the producer, it's like blaming Critter for whatever in We Don't Need To Whisper, or Finn in blink.

It's so obvious that denying it looks more like trolling than anything.

Ghent said Ilan Rubin is a member but Aaron isn't? I know who Ilan is but who the hell is Aaron?

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Ghent said Ilan Rubin is a member but Aaron isn't? I know who Ilan is but who the hell is Aaron?

Aaron is Ilan's brother. He's producing the album along with Tom and Ilan, so my guess he's a producer.

So it's ok for Aaron Rubin to be getting writing credits even though he isn't in the band?

giphy.webp

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But is he getting songwritting credits? I'm genuinely asking.

Yes, he got official writing credits

Thing is, people aren't actually annoyed that Feldman and these co-writers got writing credits. Rubin is the producer of the new AVA record. But he definitely doesn't take charge as much as Feldman. Not even close. Feldman was way too involved. As I've said, Aaron Rubin is to Tom what Chris Holmes was for Mark. Just a yes man. Feldman isn't. Apples and oranges.

Imagine if Tom wrote a song with Feldmann. Damn that would be good shit.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Imagine if Tom wrote a song with Feldmann. Damn that would be good shit.

I had that thought when I first heard Left Alone haha. They'd definitely clash but I think they'd bring each other back down to earth more. Tom probably would've said no to the gang vocals and nanas and woahs. Feldman probably would've had Tom play more guitar oriented shit and Tom's style for that kinda shit nowadays is that post hardcore BCR sound. Would've been good.

So when do you think guys think they will announce the album? I’m thinking tomorrow since thats when their VIP tour tickets go on sale

I don’t think it’ll be tomorrow honestly. I still haven’t seen confirmation that it’s 100% done...

Btw is this a new song Mark mentioned as someone on Reddit noticed?

3pj5uzxhv9y21.jpg

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don’t think it’ll be tomorrow honestly. I still haven’t seen confirmation that it’s 100% done...

Btw is this a new song Mark mentioned as someone on Reddit noticed?

3pj5uzxhv9y21.jpg

I think so. The title sounds interesting!