Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

6 minutes ago, Italian Throwaway said:

The second half of the summary is in the comment section just so you guys know. ✌️

• Mark thinks that when people hear the new record, they'll have their mind blown, because it's very diverse: there's really aggressive stuff, there's poppier stuff than BIOMY, there's weird stuff. It's kind of all over the place. There isn't one song that represents the entirety of the record.
• Mark revealed that they're still discussing the album title and don't know which songs are gonna be on the record yet. He thinks they're done writing and are currently in the mixing stages. Thereafter they'll have to figure out which songs are making the cut and which songs they're gonna hold off for other stuff. "There are a lot of cool things behind the scenes that I'm not ready to let out into the world yet."
• Mark reiterated that there's no hard feelings between the band and Tom. Mark joked that he can write a song about anything at all and people will always think that it's about Tom.
• Mark concluded by saying that "There's been more discussions and phone calls and texts and ideas and songs written and things changed for this record than everything since the untitled record. And it really kinda feels like that time where we were doing a bunch of different stuff and kinda venturing out into the unknown and it's exciting!"

• Like 5

I couldn’t be more hyped for this record and what’s to come. Bring it on. The haters can pack it up and leave.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

It's funny Mark mentioned all his songs get interpreted about Tom. I got a theory Rebel Girl is about Mark.

Already posted this on tons meltdown I think. Mark is Toms little Cinderella.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Wow I can't believe Mark gave the "Ghent Response" with Untitled being unpopular until years later. Personally speaking, Feeling This cemented blink as my favorite band ever. I enjoyed blink before then. But fell in love with their music with Untitled. That allowed me to rediscover their earlier pre-Enema music. Before I only remembered blink as the naked band who mocked N'Sync.

Anyways Feeling This shits all over BIOMY. C'mon. BIOMY is little league and Feeling This is the show.

Mark has lost his goddamn mind.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mark was Ghent at this point. Dude has too much time on his hands. 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

43 minutes ago, Kay said:

• Mark thinks that when people hear the new record, they'll have their mind blown, because it's very diverse: there's really aggressive stuff, there's poppier stuff than BIOMY, there's weird stuff. It's kind of all over the place. There isn't one song that represents the entirety of the record.

jfc, nothing screams more than "we are trying to fit into mainstream balls deep, so we wrote 50 songs just to see what works, what not". it's useless. 

• Like 1

"We wrote 50+ completely different songs yet we decided to release BIOTY which we only wrote and recorded in like 2 days a month ago" 

doesn't bode well for the others, does it? 

• Like 2

Everytime Mark talks it makes me want to go back to my old house growing up, put all my blink CDs in a row, burn the whole place down and act like this never happened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That interview is great, those guys asked during his Q/A if he would come on, cool of Mark to do that. Here's the highlights I got from it:

-Listening to mixes currently
-Wishes he could re-record the second verse on GATC, too staccato
-Tries not to read comment sections
-Remembers when they put out Feeling This, people ripped it
-When people react strongly either way, it’s better than “meh”
-With Beatles comparison, their records are VASTLY different than each other
-BIOMY, never set down with intent of a radio single. "I can’t write a song for the radio."
-Written over 50 songs for this record, thought this was a quintessential blink song
-Saw online “this is not blink, this is bad pop music” and I’m like “this has all the elements of blink
-Tried to not write Cali part 2. Tried different guitar tones, different drum techniques. "I can’t write EOTS 4x".
-It was a long time ago that we stopped saying we were Pop Punk. "We’re a band, I don’t care about genre."
-When people hear the record they’re gonna have their minds blown, there’s really aggressive stuff, stuff even more pop than BIOMY, no songs are alike.
-No album title yet
-Don’t know what songs going on the record
-"I think we’re done writing. Mostly mixing/mastering."
-No hard feelings with Tom. Laughed at people thinking songs are all about Tom.
-SC touring again in late summer/fall

• Like 1

That was surprisingly a great a interview! It's always so much better when actual fans are asking the questions instead of media knobbers.

I'm really excited for the new album

I think there is a realistic chance that Tom appears on a song on the new album.

• Wow 1

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I think there is a realistic chance that Tom appears on a song on the new album.

giphy.gif

One song. It would explain the sudden comfort among the two parties and cross promotion

I just don't see it happening, and I don't think it would've happened without anyone involved halfway teasing about it or posting on social media. I'd rather Mark be a guest on an AVA song, or hell even AVA tour, they need a bassist.

Could have been done in the comfort of Tom's shit apahment studio...No one would know. They wouldn't have to be in the same room.

Makes a lot of sense imo

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Could have been done in the comfort of Tom's shit apahment studio...No one would know. They wouldn't have to be in the same room.

Makes a lot of sense imo

Yes I think that it is going to happen...don´t know why but I think yes

And Mark referenced in that podcast that there are surprises on the album he's not ready to talk about yet...

I mean why else would Tom suddenly not be a douche about blink?

when has he ever been a douche about blink?

he's been saying the same thing since 2014. it's his band. he owns parts of it. he has no time for it. the end.