Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

9 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Supposedly the album release date is 6/21 per an FYE leak, though I doubt it at this point:

zhjrq939r0231.jpg

Also @onlinesawngs said Mark mentioned a new song within the next 2 weeks in his IG Live stream today!!!! Hype!

Song wise he was talking about SC apparently, not blink. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Song wise he was talking about SC apparently, not blink. 

Darn, that would make since I guess, they have a show on the 15th. Still think SC is interfering with blink which bothers me. (Even though I totally dig SC). I'd guess the song "NVM" drops.

And yeah I think the FYE release date was probably the plan at one point, but is obviously delayed now. Awhile back Mark mentioned them not wanting to go out on a tour without the new album, but that it wasn't done yet, so I do think there will be pressure to get it out ASAP. Especially if ticket sales don't pick up. 

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I really doubt BIOMY is the lead single of the album at this point. 

I would agree, or it's being reworked.  Usually by now there would be a music video.  Something definitely seems delayed after BIOMY release. 

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Song is doing well, normal people like it. No reason it wouldn't be on the album

No one said it won’t be on the album.

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I really doubt BIOMY is the lead single of the album at this point. 

Seems kinda weird that it was sent out into the world with no additional info or promotion, also weird that the AVA song was the exact same situation. 

i believe the theory that mark decided very late in the process to scrap everything and buy new songs from the pop song writers as a result of the alleged simple creatures hype.

there might be one or two feldmann written songs on the record but i'd imagine the rest will be in line with the BIOMY formula.

Imagine this coming full circle when people start begging for the unreleased "Feldy Demos" from this album cycle lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don’t think that happened, but I definitely don’t get why a band would write 50 songs for an album unless something wasn’t working at some point and a lot of it is garbage. Even if there’s a future deluxe, that’s at most 25 songs that ever see the light of day. It’s a huge waste of time to write that many songs, so something must have gone wrong. Bands definitely don’t normally work that way, blink has never worked that way even for California where they wrote more. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, but there definitely had to be some big struggle with this album.

I’m guessing it’s probably as simple as separating from feldy and they had already recorded an entire album with him.

Isn’t there supposed to be some announcement this week? I think Mark said something during his livestream about announcing something ASAP but couldn’t because it was the weekend at the time.

14 hours ago, NotNow said:

I don’t think that happened, but I definitely don’t get why a band would write 50 songs for an album unless something wasn’t working at some point and a lot of it is garbage. Even if there’s a future deluxe, that’s at most 25 songs that ever see the light of day. It’s a huge waste of time to write that many songs, so something must have gone wrong. Bands definitely don’t normally work that way, blink has never worked that way even for California where they wrote more. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, but there definitely had to be some big struggle with this album.

I’m guessing it’s probably as simple as separating from feldy and they had already recorded an entire album with him.

i think the fact that they all of sudden at shop around songwriters is a goood sign that they couldnt deliver song writing wise by themself

mark lacks leadership

matt doesnt impose himself enough since hes just a side bandmember still

tom was the true leader this whole time of that band 

he's right when he said he built that band he realy did

mark as a little bit of leadership but its very small(as seen with plus44)

On 6/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, NotNow said:

I definitely don’t get why a band would write 50 songs for an album unless something wasn’t working at some point and a lot of it is garbage.

they wrote eleven new songs for dude ranch... and there were eleven new songs on it. zero waste.

• Like 1

Just now, daveyjones said:

they wrote eleven new songs for dude ranch... and there were eleven new songs on it. zero waste.

There's definitely some merit in something like writing 15 songs and using 12 but, I agree, at some point you're just pissing in the wind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Looks like Trav could be teasing a new song or album title acronym. “BOJMIR”??

Bring Out Jesse, Matt's Illicit Raccoon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Looks like Trav could be teasing a new song or album title acronym. “BOJMIR”??

Anybody know what he was playing? You can hear Matt shouting in the background. Seems pretty new for Travis but I figured they would be rehearsing Enema deep cuts. Someone guessed that BOJMIR was RIMJOB backwards.