Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

5 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

There was a post on Reddit probably last year from the man who made Blink’s website from creation up until right before Enema. He stated he had the Dude Ranch demos and offered anyone living in the San Diego area to meet up and hear them. My band was on tour in March and I took him up on that. We listened in his car to the 9 demos in front of our venue. It’s from the same set as the 15 second clip of the Apple Shampoo demo. I’ve never seen anyone else with it but him and Chesh182 bootlegs. It has one song that got scrapped without a name, it was really fucking good and also had the third Voyeur I knew nothing about. Emo didn’t have the ending we know and Sorry didn’t have the slow riff. Most of the other songs (Dammit, Josie, Apple shampoo off of memory) were basically the same just super low quality. 

goddamn I want to hear that now, if this is true. 

So it looks like the "Happy Days" rumor was true. So we know  4 songs so far potentially: BIOMY, Paris, Generational Divide, and Happy Days. I suspect if people know about Happy Days already, it would be the next release and coming halfway soon:

6w86dabotm331.jpg

Can't wait to hear what Generational Divide is about, hopefully it's about how grown ups don't understand them despite them being 45.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kay said:

goddamn I want to hear that now, if this is true. 

Me too, poopy pants!

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Can't wait to hear what Generational Divide is about, hopefully it's about how grown ups don't understand them despite them being 45.

I was going for a whiny song about millennials not being able to buy a house because they eat too many avocados. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I was going for a whiny song about millennials not being able to buy a house because they eat too many avocados. 

It's a song abouy bitch ass kids not being thankful for what they got, constantly bitching about Skiba and Woahs.

2 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

It's a song abouy bitch ass kids not being thankful for what they got, constantly bitching about Skiba and Woahs.

tbh I'd love that. I'd absolutely love a "our older fans are total knob heads, stfu" song. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

tbh I'd love that. I'd absolutely love a "our older fans are total knob heads, stfu" song. 

It's hard to wake up, when mouths just won't stay shut. This album's platinum, we made the Grammys, it makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

So it looks like the "Happy Days" rumor was true. So we know  4 songs so far potentially: BIOMY, Paris, Generational Divide, and Happy Days. I suspect if people know about Happy Days already, it would be the next release and coming halfway soon:

OqRcCKW.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Ohhhh those were the Happy Days,
ahhhhh those were the Happy Days!

So we've got Good Old Days, Happy Days, next in the timeline is when Tom quit originally right?

Ohhhh those were the Conflict Days,
ahhhhh those were the Conflict  Days!

New album related takeaways from the KROQ interview today:

-Trav: “So close” to new album
-Mark: "We started working on this album about a year ago, but we keep writing better and better songs, so keep adding songs to the record, and being pushed back, but just a couple months."

So it does seem like they are replacing a bunch of the original Feldy material on this album which is interesting.

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

New album related takeaways from the KROQ interview today:

-Trav: “So close” to new album
-Mark: "We started working on this album about a year ago, but we keep writing better and better songs, so keep adding songs to the record, and being pushed back, but just a couple months."

So it does seem like they are replacing a bunch of the original Feldy material on this album which is interesting.

Definitely not coming out this summer.

Sounds like they haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re doing.

this is what’s happened.

wrote a load of songs and then scrapped them to write poppy songs after simple creatures went down well

BIOMY goes down like a steaming sack of shit, tour sells like shit, major panic, scrapped the new poppy songs and are now writing more songs 

It’ll probably be out December. 

11 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Sounds like they haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re doing.

this is what’s happened.

wrote a load of songs and then scrapped them to write poppy songs after simple creatures went down well

BIOMY goes down like a steaming sack of shit, tour sells like shit, major panic, scrapped the new poppy songs and are now writing more songs 

It’ll probably be out December. 

It is all pretty exciting when you put it like that! ?

In this scenario why are people referring to Simple Creatures as if it was a big hit that would've made Mark want to change Blink's sound? I never heard a single person talk about them outside of this board and the songs were awful?

5 hours ago, Kay said:

gen z. millenials are in their thirties now.

32 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

gen z. millenials are in their thirties now.

Speak for yourself, old man.

• Haha 3

Yeah and the timeline doesn't add up too well...

SC EP dropped on March 29, the last hint of Mark working in the studio on blink related stuff was 4/16 which was when BIOMY was being made (Matt 4/10). The last trace of anyone in the band recording new blink was 5/5, Trav laying down drums at Feldys. Mark originally said on 4/15 this was the "last week" of recording, and by 5/16 had said they were done...

So maybe SC adoration led to BIOMY vibes/being pushed to release first, and there's no doubt that for whatever reason they appear to be scrapping tons of the original Feldy stuff...but I don't see why any of that would push this out to December.