Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

New album related takeaways from the KROQ interview today:

-Trav: “So close” to new album
-Mark: "We started working on this album about a year ago, but we keep writing better and better songs, so keep adding songs to the record, and being pushed back, but just a couple months."

So it does seem like they are replacing a bunch of the original Feldy material on this album which is interesting.

Oh hey they actually answered my question! Thanks for the summary on the other page btw!

39 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Speak for yourself, old man.

i'm gen x. but i don't make the rules:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

The birth years of 1981 to 1996 have been used in 2019 to define millennials by PBS, CBS, ABC Australia, The Washington Post, and The Washington Times. As of 2018, the age range definition has been used by The Los Angeles Times. As of 2019, the Pew Research Center defines millennials as born from 1981 to 1996.

that would make the majority of them in their thirties in 2019.

Thank god they got rid of tom. All those delays for new albums were terrible.

On a more serious note, i find it interesting that they try harder this time. I have no idea what they end up releasing. I hope they have someone to tell them "okay that's enough. let's perfect these songs and save new material for a new album" or people might lose interest if it takes to long. 

How big are the chances they're going to pick a one year old song when they wrote twenty new ones in the last couple months?

47 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm gen x. but i don't make the rules:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

The birth years of 1981 to 1996 have been used in 2019 to define millennials by PBS, CBS, ABC Australia, The Washington Post, and The Washington Times. As of 2018, the age range definition has been used by The Los Angeles Times. As of 2019, the Pew Research Center defines millennials as born from 1981 to 1996.

that would make the majority of them in their thirties in 2019.

I'm a millenial but I'm not a "millennial", you dig?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

I'm a millenial but I'm not a "millennial", you dig?

100%. I’m 32 and definitely not a “millennial.” I feel like 26 or so and under are the true millennials. 

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

100%. I’m 32 and definitely not a “millennial.” I feel like 26 or so and under are the true millennials. 

How so? 

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

gen z. millenials are in their thirties now.

The joke is that they're so old now they're still blaming millennials. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I would agree with this.

@thongrider, because that's about the cutoff of people born with cell phones/internet/social media.

I would say 27-32 at least got a taste of both, and we're ringing doorbells/portable phones instead of texting until AIM came out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I would agree with this.

@thongrider, because that's about the cutoff of people born with cell phones/internet/social media.

I would say 27-32 at least got a taste of both, and we're ringing doorbells/portable phones instead of texting until AIM came out.

Wouldn't that basically make gen z and millennials the same then? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

feel what you like. if you were born between 1981 and 1996, you are one, demographically speaking. regardless if you 'identify' with the label.

look, if you're an artist, and scores of critics internationally call your work postmodern, you're a postmodern artist. you might say "i do not identify with postmodernism" but that doesn't change your assessment by those who assess and place work in the canon.

i do not identify with generation X, but i am one, by birth year.

15 minutes ago, thongrider said:

How so? 

Just from my general experience, mainly from being a general manager for a restaurant before I started my current career. I managed hundreds of college aged students from 2010-2015. The last couple years as the kids got younger (or seemed younger since I was getting older), there was a noticeable drop off in quality of work and dependableness. They seemed more entitled and just overall less aware of the world around them. Again, this is just my personal experience and lens that I’m viewing the world through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

feel what you like. if you were born between 1981 and 1996, you are one, demographically speaking. regardless if you 'identify' with the label.

I understand that but If a man can identify as a woman in 2019 then surely I can identify as a baby boomer born in 86!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I managed hundreds of college aged students from 2010-2015. The last couple years as the kids got younger (or seemed younger since I was getting older), there was a noticeable drop off in quality of work and dependableness.

this jives with my own experiences. but that's mostly generation Z (born after 1996), not mostly millennials.

• Like 2

as the Resident Child™ on the blink boards, i consider gen z to be born in 2000 and later, but mostly because my sister (born in 1999) and me—and most people our age—remember stuff that i would think most gen z kids don’t remember. like having house phones. or VCRs. or GW Bush as president. or the recession. Stuff like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

this jives with my own experiences. but that's mostly generation Z (born after 1996), not mostly millennials.

I honestly didn’t even know generation z was a thing but that is scary to think there is a generation out there that may make millennials look good haha. 

(just realized I called myself the Resident Child™ on a board where Feeling This is present. oops. I’m 21, just to be clear.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Nasa said:

i consider gen z to be born in 2000 and later

like i said, make up anything you like. but that's not how the demographic people do it.

• Like 1