Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

14 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I understand that but If a man can identify as a woman in 2019 then surely I can identify as a baby boomer born in 86!!!

I'm not sure that's how it works. 

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

New album related takeaways from the KROQ interview today:

-Trav: “So close” to new album
-Mark: "We started working on this album about a year ago, but we keep writing better and better songs, so keep adding songs to the record, and being pushed back, but just a couple months."

So it does seem like they are replacing a bunch of the original Feldy material on this album which is interesting.

Honestly it's great to hear that they've been taking their time with this album.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

like i said, make up anything you like. but that's not how the demographic people do it.

i mean, yeah, i don’t think anyone disputes that, but i would say people’s own experiences with being defined as belonging to different generations are just as valid when the idea of having various generations is, in the grander scheme of things, pretty arbitrary. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

100%. I’m 32 and definitely not a “millennial.” I feel like 26 or so and under are the true millennials. 

That’s a different generation. You’re a millennial. That’s the prime years of the millennial generation. I’m 24 and I’m right on the tail end of the millennial gen. The people that you consider to be millennials are actually gen z.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Just from my general experience, mainly from being a general manager for a restaurant before I started my current career. I managed hundreds of college aged students from 2010-2015. The last couple years as the kids got younger (or seemed younger since I was getting older), there was a noticeable drop off in quality of work and dependableness. They seemed more entitled and just overall less aware of the world around them. Again, this is just my personal experience and lens that I’m viewing the world through. 

I think you have a very negative and stereotypical view of that generation. Doesn't mean the stereotypes don't have truth in them, but the stereoypes shouldn't define the entire generation or include people born in another generation who fit the stereotype. If a whole lot of 49 year olds are pedophiles doesn't mean all pedophiles are 49, but it's fine to generalize 49 year olds as creepy. 

Also is there a misunderstanding on what millenial means? The way I understand it means people growing up around year 2000, meaning the age group Davey mentioned seems appropriate. However when people use the word millenial it seems they mean much younger people, especially since actual millennials seem the most likely to use the word "millenial". 

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

That’s a different generation. You’re a millennial. That’s the prime years of the millennial generation. I’m 24 and I’m right on the tail end of the millennial gen. The people that you consider to be millennials are actually gen z.

Exactly! 

Just now, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I think you can determine how millennial someone is by how much words they know of Backstreet Boys - 'Everybody'

Being serious.

Rock your bodayyyy

4 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think you have a very negative and stereotypical view of that generation. Doesn't mean the stereotypes don't have truth in them, but the stereoypes shouldn't define the entire generation or include people born in another generation who fit the stereotype. If a whole lot of 49 year olds are pedophiles doesn't mean all pedophiles are 49, but it's fine to generalize 49 year olds as creepy. 

Also is there a misunderstanding on what millenial means? The way I understand it means people growing up around year 2000, meaning the age group Davey mentioned seems appropriate. However when people use the word millenial it seems they mean much younger people, especially since actual millennials seem the most likely to use the word "millenial". 

You seem extremely triggered. Get called a millennial one too many times bruh?

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

You seem extremely triggered. Get called a millennial one too many times bruh?

No. Not enough ?

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I think you can determine how millennial someone is by how much words they know of Backstreet Boys - 'Everybody'

Being serious.

This should be the definition. Or Baby one more time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

No. Not enough ?

Lol. I feel ya. I got bummed out the other day because I realize I don’t get carded for booze anymore :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lol. I feel ya. I got bummed out the other day because I realize I don’t get carded for booze anymore :(

It's a sad state of affairs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SandChannel said:

When asked for ID, I just point to my hairline or balding crown and tell them that I voted for Clinton (no, the guy one).

Well there we have someone who is not a millennial. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thongrider said:

This should be the definition. Or Baby one more time. 

Was that dropped on New Year's too? I just remember everyone waiting for 'Everybody' video like it was yesterday.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Honestly it's great to hear that they've been taking their time with this album.

I know. The time they’re taking really showed through and was reflected with BIOMY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Was that dropped on New Year's too? I just remember everyone waiting for 'Everybody' video like it was yesterday.

What? :o

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

as the Resident Child™ on the blink boards, i consider gen z to be born in 2000 and later, but mostly because my sister (born in 1999) and me—and most people our age—remember stuff that i would think most gen z kids don’t remember. like having house phones. or VCRs. or GW Bush as president. or the recession. Stuff like that.

When I keep seeing on the internet that house phones are something from the past now, I suffer deep inside because we still have house phones in Italy and they're still used daily

• Like 1