Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Just now, Elisa said:

When I keep seeing on the internet that house phone are something from the past now, I suffer deep inside because we still have house phones in Italy and they're still used daily

Do you guys still use dial up Internet in Italy as well? Asking for a friend, he’s just a stupid American 

I feel like when I moved away from my parents 7 years ago we used the wireless house phone, but i didn't get one when I moved. But now my parents don't use it either and the batteries are empty. 

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Do you guys still use dial up Internet in Italy as well? Asking for a friend, he’s just a stupid American 

No they had to upgrade after AOL updated out of it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I feel like when I moved away from my parents 7 years ago we used the wireless house phone, but i didn't get one when I moved. But now my parents don't use it either and the batteries are empty. 

Maybe they are just trying to give you a hint ...

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Everybody music video was dropped on 2000 NYE.  Pretty sure..

I think the song was out in Norway and Sweden around 97 and in America in 98. I remember singing it on karaoke along to the music video in early 98. I think that must've been a video from the Millennium album like Larger than Life or The One or something. I'm embarrassed that I know this. 

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

No, we don't use it anymore but we're still worlds away from the US 

• Like 1

Just now, thongrider said:

I think the song was out in Norway and Sweden around 97 and in America in 98. I remember singing it on karaoke along to the music video in early 98. I think that must've been a video from the Millennium album like Larger than Life or The One or something. I'm embarrassed that I know this. 

Dammit it was Larger Than Life wasn't it.

Mark if you are lurking, they are discussing the meaning of your new song “Generational Divide”, don’t be scared away.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I know. The time they’re taking really showed through and was reflected with BIOMY. 

lmao I don't necessarily have high hopes but I'm hoping for the best

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elisa said:

When I keep seeing on the internet that house phones are something from the past now, I suffer deep inside because we still have house phones in Italy and they're still used daily

I purposely bought a house phone, because I wanted something the old folks (grandparents) could call. I also always call my parents on their house phone because they're both useless with their mobiles. tbh I think it's dumb to not have a house phone even if you have mobiles. you're paying for the line anyway, and it's not signal dependent nor does it cost anything to call with in the evenings, having one for emergencies helps me sleep at night. of course a lot of this is UK specific so idk how much more of a hassle it is anywhere else. 

• Like 1

Talking about dial up and house phones. Had to double check what thread this is. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reg said:

Talking about dial up and house phones. Had to double check what thread this is. 

I had to double check what year this is. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Reg said:

The UK is 20 years behind us. It’s the time zones.