Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I don't even know my number for my house phone. I can't remember hearing it ring either.

Thanks to these knuckle heads I woke up with Everybody stuck in my head ... just the chorus though 'cause that's all I can remember of the damn thing.

19 hours ago, Scott. said:

Sounds like they haven’t got a fucking clue what they’re doing.

this is what’s happened.

wrote a load of songs and then scrapped them to write poppy songs after simple creatures went down well

BIOMY goes down like a steaming sack of shit, tour sells like shit, major panic, scrapped the new poppy songs and are now writing more songs 

It’ll probably be out December. 

I knew this was the case. 

I literally said like 2 to 3 weeks back they're probably ditching half the album and making new songs because how badly BIOMY was received.

4 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I literally said like 2 to 3 weeks back they're probably ditching half the album and making new songs because how badly BIOMY was received.

Except the fact that BIOMY was released 5/8, and Mark & Matt haven't been in the studio since mid April...

In all likelihood BIOMY was the last song recorded for this album. It's also #14 on the Billboard charts and rising... 

14 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I knew this was the case. 

Yeah and you were wrong 2 to 3 weeks ago as well, BIOMY is doing well

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Except the fact that BIOMY was released 5/8, and Mark & Matt haven't been in the studio since mid April...

In all likelihood BIOMY was the last song recorded for this album. It's also #14 on the Billboard charts and rising... 

Allegedly haven't been in the studio since April. I don't believe them. 

They was apparently mixing and mastering the album back in late March/early April, but they're still nowhere near to releasing the album. And I literally don't care if the song is number 14 on the Billboard or not..... it's a still a shit song to me, and it literally wasn't received well by most hardcore Blink fans. 

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah and you were wrong 2 to 3 weeks ago as well, BIOMY is doing well

Being high on the Billboards means jack shit nowadays. Have you seen the garbage that makes it in the top 20 these days?

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

Allegedly haven't been in the studio since April. I don't believe them. 

By 5/16 Mark said writing was done. So they either re-wrote the entire album from 5/8-5/16 with absolutely no evidence of anyone being in the studio, or this is fanfic from BIOMY haters. They have over 40+ songs to choose from, perhaps it may have altered their final track selections, but they definitely didn't panic and rewrite the whole album. 

Taylor Swift does not appear on alternative charts.

Super edgy to hate any music that is popular...Too bad we all know if this song wasn't charting you'd be using that as a reason why blink is dead. Yawn

9 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

By 5/16 Mark said writing was done. So they either re-wrote the entire album from 5/8-5/16 with absolutely no evidence of anyone being in the studio, or this is fanfic from BIOMY haters. They have over 40+ songs to choose from, perhaps it may have altered their final track selections, but they definitely didn't panic and rewrite the whole album. 

That's the problem, they wrote 50 fucking songs.... and they kept writing more. That suggests to me that they had no clue what the hell they were doing. 

Working on one song, leaving it and moving on to the next song because you've hit a road block.... and then coming back to the same song much later on is not how you structure an album. Which it appears what they've done by writing 50 songs for the album.

Judging by BIOMY, I have no faith in the album. It just sounds like the similar crap they brought out for the last album. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Taylor Swift does not appear on alternative charts.

Super edgy to hate any music that is popular...Too bad we all know if this song wasn't charting you'd be using that as a reason why blink is dead. Yawn

Not really. I never based how good Blink's song are off a chart. As I said, it could be number 1 and it still wouldn't make me like the song. You can't take the Billboard charts for face value anymore..... there's too much garbage that makes it in the top 20 these days. 

• Like 1

Regardless, it's Blink-182.... they could release a garbage song and it'll still chart well. They're still a big band that basically everyone knows. 

Then why have they released songs that didn't chart well? After Midnight, Wishing Well, HISALP all flopped

12 minutes ago, Jamie said:

That's the problem, they wrote 50 fucking songs.... and they kept writing more. That suggests to me that they had no clue what the hell they were doing. 

Working on one song, leaving it and moving on to the next song because you've hit a road block.... and then coming back to the same song much later on is not how you structure an album. Which it appears what they've done by writing 50 songs for the album.

Judging by BIOMY, I have no faith in the album. It just sounds like the similar crap they brought out for the last album. 

Bold 1: To me it suggests amazing chemistry and a super active band with 2+ years of ideas coming together

Bold 2: Nothing suggests they are scrapping these together in parts and having to revisit due to writer's block (And even if they did, the Cali haters should prefer that as opposed to "first thought best thought")

Bold 3: BIOMY sounds absolutely nothing like anything from the entire California era

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Then why have they released songs that didn't chart well? After Midnight, Wishing Well, HISALP all flopped

After Midnight got to #7 on Alt chart

HISALP #32

Up All Night #3

WW is the only one not listed but I didn't think that was officially released anyway.

On the Hot 100 Bored To Death, Up All Night and After Midnight all charted whilst BIOMY has not in the 5 weeks it's been up there. 

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

After Midnight got to #7 on Alt chart

HISALP #32

Up All Night #3

WW is the only one not listed but I didn't think that was officially released anyway.

On the Hot 100 Bored To Death, Up All Night and After Midnight all charted whilst BIOMY has not in the 5 weeks it's been up there. 

Would be a cool story bro, but charts don't matter

And if BIOMY stops progressing at #13 and drops off the charts, it should be considered a flop as well

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Would be a cool story bro, but charts don't matter

And if BIOMY stops progressing at #13 and drops off the charts, it should be considered a flop as well

I don't think they matter, hence pointing it out. we all know After Midnight was a total misfire as single choices go but it still charted, hell they charted way better than I expected them to.