Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

It was a pretty big flop, I thought it would do well. Wishing Well was never going to do shit though

1 hour ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Thanks to these knuckle heads I woke up with Everybody stuck in my head ... just the chorus though 'cause that's all I can remember of the damn thing.

Isn't it the same melody the entire song basically? 

• Haha 1

Just now, thongrider said:

Isn't it the same melody the entire song basically? 

No clue, its entirely possible, I'd have to go and listen to it ... which I would never confirm to you people as something I did 'cause I've got my punk cred to worry about.

• Haha 1

The whole release of BIOMY still seems strange to me and makes me think its chart performance should come with some context:

1. At this point it's obvious that this is definitely not the big lead single of the album cycle. Based on the interview yesterday the album is still several months away and not even finished yet. It's a single they released in order to promote a tour, which doesn't really have a comparison in their careers, at least not since they joined the big leagues.

2. There isn't a music video. Since Dammit every Blink single has had one. Even Not Now had a video even though they were broken up at the time. (Wishing Well or other "promotional singles" don't really feel like they count in this discussion). Obviously music videos don't get played on MTV or anything anymore but they still end up being featured tons of music blogs and generate new #onlinecontent that gets seen by a lot of people.

3. They haven't done any of the usual promotional pushes like big magazine features, late night performances, etc. It is what it is, a song they threw out there as a stop-gap to get back on peoples' radars before the tour. It's not a great song, I don't think it's awful either, and the fact that it's #14 is pretty decent when you factor in the rest of this post.

I know times have changed a TON in the music world but reaching #14 puts it right below Down (reached #10) and right above Not Now (#18), HISALP (#32) and Always (#39) as far as Alternative chart performance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

No clue, its entirely possible, I'd have to go and listen to it ... which I would never confirm to you people as something I did 'cause I've got my punk cred to worry about.

I remember it being repetitive as a kid and not understanding the lyrics because I didn't know English and they sang "sexual" *and I was like "wow". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

The whole release of BIOMY still seems strange to me and makes me think its chart performance should come with some context:

1. At this point it's obvious that this is definitely not the big lead single of the album cycle. Based on the interview yesterday the album is still several months away and not even finished yet. It's a single they released in order to promote a tour, which doesn't really have a comparison in their careers, at least not since they joined the big leagues.

2. There isn't a music video. Since Dammit every Blink single has had one. Even Not Now had a video even though they were broken up at the time. (Wishing Well or other "promotional singles" don't really feel like they count in this discussion). Obviously music videos don't get played on MTV or anything anymore but they still end up being featured tons of music blogs and generate new #onlinecontent that gets seen by a lot of people.

3. They haven't done any of the usual promotional pushes like big magazine features, late night performances, etc. It is what it is, a song they threw out there as a stop-gap to get back on peoples' radars before the tour. It's not a great song, I don't think it's awful either, and the fact that it's #14 is pretty decent when you factor in the rest of this post.

I know times have changed a TON in the music world but reaching #14 puts it right below Down (reached #10) and right above Not Now (#18), HISALP (#32) and Always (#39) as far as Alternative chart performance.

I think they changed plans. Originally it was gonna be released in the end of June, as Travis said. That's why they released this song following a similar agenda than the California one. Then, they changed their schedule in this regard, and the single doesn't get as pushed as it was BTD. So the thing seems to be slowed down, until they are sure of what's thje final schedule for the album release.

• Like 1

Assuming BIOMY is on the album, doesn't it kind of have to be the lead single since it was released first to the radio though? Video or not?

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Assuming BIOMY is on the album, doesn't it kind of have to be the lead single since it was released first to the radio though? Video or not?

Videos aren't relevant anymore anyway and they havent been since the naughts, how is that even a measurement?

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I guess techinically yeah haha but I just meant like "the big single they push really hard with the purpose of promoting the upcoming album" 

Before BIOMY we would almost always get the album announcement after the first single, and a late show performance, but now we wouldn’t even be sure if this is the first single or when we will get the album announcement, so it's safe to say that something happened and they changed their plans. 

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Taylor Swift does not appear on alternative charts.

Super edgy to hate any music that is popular...Too bad we all know if this song wasn't charting you'd be using that as a reason why blink is dead. Yawn

It was a genuine question. I don’t know how your charts work. Over here we just have a top 40 and that’s it. Didn’t realise there was genre charts. 

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

It was a genuine question. I don’t know how your charts work. Over here we just have a top 40 and that’s it. Didn’t realise there was genre charts. 

Yeah there are genre charts and that's where Blink and most other rock bands usually make their mark. Pretty sure the only top 10 OVERALL hit Blink has ever had was All The Small Things. In comparison on the Alternative chart they've had top 10 hits with:

WMAA
ATST - #1
Adam's Song
Man Overboard
Rock Show
First Date
STFTK
Feeling This
I Miss You - #1
Down
Up All Night
After Midnight
Bored To Death - #1
SOOHM

• Like 1

i think BIOMY is still the lead single, but it’s just a slow burner. they’re gonna keep promoting it throughout the tour and release a music video later in the year as it keeps climbing the charts to help it take off to number one. then that might even help it crossover, which is what they want based on how it sounds. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Videos aren't relevant anymore anyway and they havent been since the naughts, how is that even a measurement?

You wanna know when music videos were relevant?

Funny looking back, Kevin looks like he doesn't give a shit raking in the dough, Howie probably was the most normal, and AJ probably snorted lines of coke. Still got a little nostalgic, used to get massive chills when this came on as a kid.

It's too bad CC confirmed they're all pedophiles though.

9 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Funny looking back, Kevin looks like he doesn't give a shit raking in the dough, Howie probably was the most normal, and AJ probably snorted lines of coke. Still got a little nostalgic, used to get massive chills when this came on as a kid.

Speaking of ... has Feeling_Kids been banned yet?

11 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Speaking of ... has Feeling_Kids been banned yet?

No dude!  He's gotten so much leeway and we even found out he was 47!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

No dude!  He's gotten so much leeway and we even found out he was 47!

That old son of a bitch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Wow, an avid Backstreet Boys fan that know all of their names years later. Marvelous.