Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

i think BIOMY is still the lead single, but it’s just a slow burner. they’re gonna keep promoting it throughout the tour and release a music video later in the year as it keeps climbing the charts to help it take off to number one. then that might even help it crossover, which is what they want based on how it sounds. 

I definitely think it has potential to cross over, but yeah, has to keep climbing the alt charts first

3 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Wow, an avid Backstreet Boys fan that know all of their names years later. Marvelous. 

Dang, you're so tight bro.

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hypeeeee for the songs from our savior, Matthew Skiba:

BxuWgJG.png

I hope this means actual-influenced Matt songs where he sings 100% of the song and not 90% with Mark obligatory thrown it because everyone’s scared of the new guy. Also hope Matt’s lower and middle range is featured and he is not used as Mark’s higher register slave.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

everyone knows AJ snorted coke on the The Call music video

Why else would he have shades on at a rave?

Screw turning this place into an Oasis tribute, lets go full backstreet boys. Brian was always my favourite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

everyone knows AJ snorted coke on the The Call music video

Great song that

• Like 1

So based on the new interview you can throw away any expectations of the new album being aggressive or dark. Sounds like it will be in the same vein as BIOMY. Modern production, modern sensibilities, fits in with music that Travis works on. Should be good ?

Sounds like they started out making a darker album with Feldmann and then scrapped it

• Wow 1

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So based on the new interview you can throw away any expectations of the new album being aggressive or dark. Sounds like it will be in the same vein as BIOMY. Modern production, modern sensibilities, fits in with music that Travis works on. Should be good ?

Sounds like they started out making a darker album with Feldmann and then scrapped it

You're about to get piled on for this and I bet you're excited.

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah I really don't think anyone expected that after BIOMY. 

• Like 1

Wow that was a great interview (saw first via Blink-Online twitter!!)

My notes:

-There are some songs that may not see the light of day, but some that may down the road on a dlx album or something

-"Before we leave for tour there are at least 2 more songs coming out." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Trav was excited for a new setlist

-Trav thinks new album is some of their best work ever

-Mark rarely relistens to their old albums, hadn’t listened to EOTS in 15 years

-Wouldn’t call the new  songs “dark”, first songs were a little more aggressive/dark lyrically. But that was the first 7 songs, turned a corner 5 months ago. Those were songs we weren’t writing for an album, we were just getting in the studio. And after the first 12 songs we were just like “This is not what we want the album to sound like.

-We said “that ain’t it. We want to do something different and we’ve already done that. And we hate repeating ourselves.

-Really embracing new production techniques, modern song sensibilities. "Probably more modern techniques, there’s blast beats, then there’s traditional blink. It’s the first time that blink isn’t disconnected from the music I’m listening to. (Trav). First time those worlds have met."

-A lot of different producers. Tim Pagnotta couple songs, Sam Hollander, Feldmann worked on a bunch, Andrew Watt, worked with a bunch of different people where those songs may not make the record. It’s been a lot of fun.

-Last graphic shows Ali Tamposi as producing a song

• Like 4

Two more songs within the next two weeks?! If that's true I am stoked! 

But, I'm less excited that the songs aren't "disconnected" from the music Travis listens to because I usually don't like his collaborations with other artists nor the stuff he posts  unrelated to blink. I'll stay open minded, though! 

• Like 1

Yeah tour kicks off June 27th...so if that is the case, seems like we're getting at least 1 new song next week, maybe two in the next two!!!!

They totally ditched a ton of the Feldmann stuff. Just like I suspected, they were not happy with the material. Trav basically said it sounded the same as Cali and they wanted to go a different direction... 

• Like 1

Another quick vid, Mark says "Wrote over 50 songs for this record, still deciding which songs are going to make it. And the songs that don’t make it, 10 of them may see the light of day, on a b-side or DLX edition."

watered down blink mixed with Travis's hip hop stuff? count me out.