Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

Wall Of Glass and Come Back To Me, but it's a great album overall. 

Honestly, who'd have thought that Liam would end up being the good Gallagher and release an album that still holds up years later? 

Right? His solo stuff is so much better than Noel’s. I prefer Liam overall anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

Did they drag out the name/tracklist for the album, similar to how they’re promoting this new album?

This is the only thing I can find that might have been an original "announcement" article for the untitled album, on 10/14/2003: http://www.mtv.com/news/1479757/no-album-title-no-preconceptions-the-new-blink-182/

Not sure how much it can compare though, because with Untitled they had an original deadline, then the label let them push it back, and then they worked literally right up until the final deadline (it's shown in the MTV Album Launch special) so they were definitely just working furiously to finish the album itself and then the label machinations took off from there. Feeling This was only released officially a month before the album came out at pretty much the same time as the announcement of the album details.

In comparison, Blink has released 3 songs, and was apparently still working on recording and also adding new songs to the mix and all of that, up until really recently. So it's similar with the delays and stuff, but the industry just works so much differently now that they're able to throw songs out into the world while still kinda moseying along on the actual album.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Right? His solo stuff is so much better than Noel’s. I prefer Liam overall anyway. 

Yeah. And I've never understood the argument of "but Noel wrote the songs". When I listen to Oasis I don't care about who did what. It's the sound, emotion, and energy for me. That's what Liam has maintained live and with this new music. Noel's solo stuff is just boring. I respect him and I'm so grateful for Oasis but the snobbery over "he's the talented one", I'll never understand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Honestly blink sold out when they made an actual album like Cheshire Cat. They were never the same again, certainly not punk. Buddha is where it's at.

cute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

the industry just works so much differently now that they're able to throw songs out into the world while still kinda moseying along on the actual album.

that's the youtube / digital download model of album promotion for sure

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yeah. And I've never understood the argument of "but Noel wrote the songs". When I listen to Oasis I don't care about who did what. It's the sound, emotion, and energy for me. That's what Liam has maintained live and with this new music. Noel's solo stuff is just boring. I respect him and I'm so grateful for Oasis but the snobbery over "he's the talented one", I'll never understand. 

Yeah. Liam is the soul of that band. How good is ‘I’ve all I need’ btw. Fucking beautiful song. His album outsold Noel’s last one too I think. Have you seen the Liam film that’s just been released? “Kids want to be Liam they don’t want to be Noel” great quote from it and so true. 

5 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

This is funny too because I just read an interview from Rick DeVoe, their old manager (and I think still Tom's current manager). He said they always tried to aim for May/June release dates so their albums would be lined up with the summer time. Guess they failed this time around. 

interesting rick devoe was a real good manager for them in their ename/rockshow days

i think he gave them most of their money they made and only charged them a small fee to manage them

13 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

interesting rick devoe was a real good manager for them in their ename/rockshow days

i think he gave them most of their money they made and only charged them a small fee to manage them

He was a great manager. He had some cool comments in the 1994 Punk Rock Documentary (I'd strongly recommend watching on YouTube if you haven't already). It was just funny how he talked about how in the early days Tom approached him and asked him to manage them. Blink wasn't shit yet and he was just like "yea sure dude" and he emphasized how he had NO IDEA what was going to come about. Really cool doc with a lot of other great bands. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Yeah. Liam is the soul of that band. How good is ‘I’ve all I need’ btw. Fucking beautiful song. His album outsold Noel’s last one too I think. Have you seen the Liam film that’s just been released? “Kids want to be Liam they don’t want to be Noel” great quote from it and so true. 

I haven't, I heard about it but I don't know how I can watch it. Is it online? I thought it came out only in UK theatres.  

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

alway loved the vandal's cover of that tune...

Great version! But doesn't beat the original. 

3 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It was just funny how he talked about how in the early days Tom approached him and asked him to manage them. Blink wasn't shit yet and he was just like "yea sure dude" and he emphasized how he had NO IDEA what was going to come about.

i still have a photocopy of the package which tom faxed to rick to convince him to manage them. it's full of press clippings and articles about the band with tom's hand written notes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

i still have a photocopy of the package which tom faxed to rick to convince him to manage them. it's full of press clippings and articles about the band with tom's hand written notes.

That’s freaking amazing dude. So cool hearing your stories 

7 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Did they drag out the name/tracklist for the album, similar to how they’re promoting this new album?

I’ve seen a picture of Untitled’s studio progress board, not sure when it was originally posted. You could definitely see/hear/figure out track names in the Cheetah videos though way before release. 

As far as Neighborhoods, we knew of Up All Night in 2009 I believe, between then and 2010 we knew about Then titled, Snake Charmer (Adam and Eve), Ghost on the Dancefloor, and a couple of others I can’t remember off the top of my head. 

6 hours ago, Oliver>Skiba said:

Imagine making this big a fuss over one song - Wonderwall.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I haven't, I heard about it but I don't know how I can watch it. Is it online? I thought it came out only in UK theatres.  

Yeah I watched it online

26 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

We settled oasis vs blink a while ago but how about oasis vs blur?

Both shite. 

I can't stand Liam's solo music - boring Oasis-esque britpop, funny that Liam hired producers to replicate the sound of Noel, while Noel is pushing his sound forward and sounds more relevant than he used to 15 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

We settled oasis vs blink a while ago but how about oasis vs blur?

Blur is one of my favorite bands. 13 is a masterpiece. While a love the whole Blur discography Oasis has only two good records and about fifteen good songs from other records.