Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

it's way easier to be super critical of something than to enjoy something these days, just look at the film industry.

Yeah I feel in the internet times being a "savage", "edgy" and above everything is the cool norm. I'm not saying people disliking blink are doing it for these reasons. Most of them just don't like the music, they don't go out of their way to shit on everything blink does though like some others do for the shake of feeling like special little snowflakes against us the fan boys in a freaking fan forum. 

Thing is I am called a blink fan boy now since I enjoy the new music but during the Cali era I was expressing my dislike of the pop punk direction. But I guess I'm a fan boy for enjoying the music now which I find different than Cali. 

• Like 1

Just listened to untitled. Man thats some good songwriting. Its a different band. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Reg said:

Just listened to untitled. Man thats some good songwriting. Its a different band. 

It was all Tom. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scott. said:

It was all Tom. 

You’re probably right. Its a tom heavy album at least. 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

It was all Tom. 

Even if that's true it's 2003 Tom which doesn't exist anymore. If you think Mark and Travis changed or sold out Tom is a thousand times worse. 

6 minutes ago, petros said:

Even if that's true it's 2003 Tom which doesn't exist anymore. If you think Mark and Travis changed or sold out Tom is a thousand times worse. 

Is he fuck. The guy is chasing his dream where a Mark and Travis are fucking sell outs. 

• Like 6

def bummed at all the feldmann.  he just rubs me the wrong way in every way possible.  was really hoping it’d be a 50/50 split on new co writers just for a different approach sound.

some fan fiction for a moment. i think what's happened with this record is that they recorded with feldmann for a long time, weren't super feeling it, and then moved on to other songwriters. they were digging the sound they were touching on with BIOMY, recorded in april, and clearly influenced by mark's EP with gaskarth. by this point, they probably wanted to keep recording but couldn't because they'd already booked the weezy tour. perhaps columbia isn't keen on blink taking their time and revising the album to meet the new, poppier sound they were touching on, and want the album out ASAP. so now we're getting a mishmash of an album with songs like generational divide next to BIOMY, and it's all coming together a little sloppily... the album artwork, the nonstop singles, etc

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, boxelder said:

so now we're getting a mishmash of an album with songs like generational divide next to BIOMY, and it's all coming together a little sloppily... the album artwork, the nonstop singles, etc

this scans as reasonable, given the evidence we have in hand.

Thats the problem with releasing songs like this, im pretty sure the album on a whole will be more balanced and flows..

16 hours ago, boxelder said:

some fan fiction for a moment. i think what's happened with this record is that they recorded with feldmann for a long time, weren't super feeling it, and then moved on to other songwriters. they were digging the sound they were touching on with BIOMY, recorded in april, and clearly influenced by mark's EP with gaskarth. by this point, they probably wanted to keep recording but couldn't because they'd already booked the weezy tour. perhaps columbia isn't keen on blink taking their time and revising the album to meet the new, poppier sound they were touching on, and want the album out ASAP. so now we're getting a mishmash of an album with songs like generational divide next to BIOMY, and it's all coming together a little sloppily... the album artwork, the nonstop singles, etc

good post,

everything is bad about this 

album title: unoriginal, meaningless, if they gonna count buddha then why not flyswatter? buddha was never meant as an album either even tho it go re-released on cd later on and promoted as one

album artowrk: unoriginal, meaningless is that suposed 2 be nine colours? lmfao no matter how i count it its always a diff amount and never makes sense that looks like the artwork of some sort of odd american songs in spanish covers music compilation 

songs title: forced, cringe, corny sounding in most case (on some emo shit??? is this a joke?) they sound mostly like work tittle than the final tittles 

blame it on my mouth: sounds so much like what weve heard before, sounds childish, they again whine about being young mentaly at 40yo plus

generational divide : again whinning about being too young mentaly at 40yo song is missing a verse, stucture doesnt feel right at all sounds like an album opener yet they place it after such a soft chillin type of song in blame it on my mouth

darkside: unorignal again whinning about being too young mentaly at 40yo probably, some of the most uninteresting, unclever lyrics i heard from matt skiba who otherwise is one of the best lyricist around (jeez will they ever talk about something else?)

happy days: at my own suprise great song, very actual and colorfull prob what blink should b today and they resisted the urges 2 dump matt in there like they do with every other songs they put out

also not about being too young mentaly at 40yo very open lyrics that will suit tons of people situation will get buried in the mess that the rest of this record will be

if people tought california was bad, this will make california sound like a real solide in comparison

if u look at the wikipedia page

buddha isnt listed as an album

and was never considered an album in peoples mind

so its realy off that mark all of sudden decide now in 2019 oh yes this was an album

wouldnt suprise me if they found a way to make it b nine because 8 and 10 sounds bad as numbers for an album name

nine as that backstreetboys style to it

I love the album art - it's easily my second favorite from them after the self-titled one. I think the watercolor palette mixed with the neon sign (as if recalling the '80s) fits post-2003 blink sonority and I hope it fits this album particularly well.

By that I mean real diversity and experimentation. For their standards, of course... I'm not expecting them to be Radiohead, but the self-titled record showcased they can bring post-hardcore/post-punk/new wave sensibilities and different recording techniques to their main pop punk vibe, etc. Why not go other road forward this time?

BIOMY was a jump towards synthpop, however the other three felt like blink by the numbers (not saying "Happy Days" isn't a jam anyway).

It seems they have backtracked a bit with the "experimentation" comments lately, but some months ago Mark and Travis didn't just say they had a different songwriting approach this time. They did say blink was trying different song structures; going into weird directions; trying to push the boundaries of what the band is; hell, even striving not to fall into a formula regarding vocal duties (48:25 onwards)... Although I can't find it at the moment, there was also a radio interview in which Mark spoke about using some different instrumentation for this record... Hope all of that happens.

P.S. Nine is a lame title. I hate it when artists name a record after its numeration in their discography.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fran.182 said:

I love the album art - it's easily my second favorite from them after the self-titled one. I think the watercolor palette fits post-2003 blink sonority and I hope it fits this album particularly well.

By that I mean real diversity and experimentation. For their standards, of course... I'm not expecting them to be Radiohead, but the self-titled record showcased they can bring post-hardcore/post-punk/new wave sensibilities and different recording techniques to their main pop punk vibe, etc. Why not go other road forward this time?

BIOMY was a jump towards synthpop, however the other three felt like blink by the numbers (not saying "Happy Days" isn't a jam anyway).

It seems they have backtracked a bit with the "experimentation" comments lately, but some months ago Mark and Travis didn't just say they had a different songwriting approach this time. They did say blink was trying different song structures; going into weird directions; trying to push the boundaries of what the band is; hell, even striving not to fall into a formula regarding vocal duties (48:25 onwards)... Although I can't find it at the moment, there was also a radio interview in which Mark spoke about using some different instrumentation for this record... Hope all of that happens.

P.S. Nine is a lame title. I hate it when artists name a record after its numeration in their discography.

Or a year. Fuck 1975 and 1989 (Tay is Queen though). 

• Like 1

Hahaha the album is fucking called Nine? 

After Saves the Day just put out the worst record of their career last year under the same title, I guess it is only fitting that Blink does the exact same thing. 

• Like 2

It's pretty well known I'm not a huge fan of this era of blink but people getting hung up about the title of an album confuse the fuck out of me, album titles mean absolutely fuck all, silly cunts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fran.182 said:

I love the album art - it's easily my second favorite from them after the self-titled one. I think the watercolor palette mixed with the neon sign (as if recalling the '80s) fits post-2003 blink sonority and I hope it fits this album particularly well.

Well sourced post backing up your points with things they said. You should be commended lol

• Haha 1

I’m not losing any sleep on it, but it’s pretty dumb especially when a halfway known band just did it...for the same reason, with the same number. Also, Matt/Trav had nothing to do with several of the “counted” releases so it’s just weird. Make something stand alone for the new era and quit tying it to the past with the same old logos.

Glad they didn’t go cringe with the teen humor though. Hopefully they don’t call the DLX version 9.5

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I’m not losing any sleep on it, but it’s pretty dumb especially when a halfway known band just did it...for the same reason, with the same number. Also, Matt/Trav had nothing to do with several of the “counted” releases so it’s just weird. Make something stand alone for the new era and quit tying it to the past with the same old logos.

Glad they didn’t go cringe with the teen humor though. Hopefully they don’t call the DLX version 9.5

Yeah I don't care what they call it. Just strange reasonings and yeah, another band just did it apparently. Totally agree. I'm not losing sleep... even though it's 3:53 in the morning.

9 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

It's pretty well known I'm not a huge fan of this era of blink but people getting hung up about the title of an album confuse the fuck out of me, album titles mean absolutely fuck all, silly cunts.

Yeah well, you aren't a hater you just don't enjoy the music. Some people just wanna shit on their ex favorite band since they feel so special and cool doing it.