Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I'm actually really surprised they didn't have AVA up there before ATL/Simple Plan... given that Tom still owns part of blink, and they're all bffs on social media now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Wow. That is the most fellow kids.gif thing I've seen since they had vine stars recreate the WMMAs video. 

Eh, i don't think kids even know what myspace is. You would have to be like 30 to understand this

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Eh, i don't think kids even know what myspace is. You would have to be like 30 to understand this

I asked my daughter, she had no clue! Fucking kids these days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

That's why it's cool.

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

I think that’s about ten years too much. Maybe a little less. I’m 24 and MySpace was still popular enough for a couple years when my friends started getting social media.

• Like 1

I can't believe that nothing ever really took the place of how great MySpace music pages were back in the day. Facebook never had anything remotely similar. While general social media stuff transferred over to Facebook, that kind of music page died with MySpace.

• Like 6

I’m 21 and my cousin had a MySpace when we were kids.

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I can't believe that nothing ever really took the place of how great MySpace music pages were back in the day. Facebook never had anything remotely similar. While general social media stuff transferred over to Facebook, that kind of music page died with MySpace.

Having your own theme song seemed like a given for any social media platform, guess not

2 minutes ago, Self Untitled said:

Having your own theme song seemed like a given for any social media platform, guess not

My theme song:

23 hours ago, Ghent said:

You would have to be like 30 to understand this

i don't even remember when myspace was popular? i had a page when i was in grad school, that was 2007ish, but everyone quickly migrated to facebook. maybe they are going for nostalgia for the breakup period?

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i don't even remember when myspace was popular? i had a page when i was in grad school, that was 2007ish, but everyone quickly migrated to facebook. maybe they are going for nostalgia for the breakup period?

2007 was about when it started dying, I think. I'm pretty sure I switched over the FB in 2008, though a lot of people I know switched earlier than I did.

It is kind of funny, MySpace was big during the hiatus, but not really ever when the band was together. I discovered Angels & Airwaves on blink-182's Facebook page haha. Kind of an odd choice but still a nostalgic one for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

2007 was about when it started dying, I think. I'm pretty sure I switched over the FB in 2008, though a lot of people I know switched earlier than I did.

It is kind of funny, MySpace was big during the hiatus, but not really ever when the band was together. I discovered Angels & Airwaves on blink-182's Facebook page haha. Kind of an odd choice but still a nostalgic one for me.

Facebook was cool when it was just photos and a wall. 

9 minutes ago, Self Untitled said:

Facebook was cool when it was just photos and a wall. 

and that one game where it showed you two of your friends and you picked which one you liked the most lmao

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

and that one game where it showed you two of your friends and you picked which one you liked the most lmao

Likes killed Facebook, and civilization in general.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

remember MySpace when you had your friends ranked in order? that was golden too lol 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ry-Bread said:

I'm actually really surprised they didn't have AVA up there before ATL/Simple Plan... given that Tom still owns part of blink, and they're all bffs on social media now.

Dude they're not bff on social media. Tom posts about blink when he needs you to click on a link and Mark does it in hopes the Tombots finally accept Skiba and buy/stream their new single. That's it. Or if a fan dares Mark to contact Tom.

• Like 2

Anyone pre-order the pink urban outfitters version?

Works out to $52 for me with shipping. Trying to decide.....

From a few days ago, and apparently a friend of the band - so obviously bias is a factor, but cool that people have heard the whole album now:

Eh, people close to them said the same thing about California. They're not exactly going to go "My buddies are releasing a dumpster fire" now are they? 

• Like 3

to be fair, to the casual fans who mostly just know All The Small Things, WMAA, First Date, etc... California probably did sound exactly what they thought blink should sound like.