Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I almost hate it when Someone points out that i'm a huge blink fan and they start talking about All The Small Things

I get all offensive and throw Stockholm Syndrome/Obvious/Easy Target at their face

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I almost hate it when Someone points out that i'm a huge blink fan and they start talking about All The Small Things

I get all offensive and throw Stockholm Syndrome/Obvious/Easy Target at their face

Yeah, or when you get older people saying shit like "yeah I liked them when I was 15". Then I think to myself you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome, Obvious, Heart's All Gone, Violence or All of This? A lot of those kinda listeners need to actually check out blink fully because they'd realise blink actually did grow up until Mark wanted to be 17 all over again. If it wasn't for blink's break up in 2005, I think blink would've escaped that teenage/high school reputation they were known for. They were only just on the verge of proving people wrong after the smiley face album. Another album in their prime would've cemented that IMO.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, or when you get older people saying shit like "yeah I liked them when I was 15". Then I think to myself you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome, Obvious, Heart's All Gone, Violence or All of This? A lot of those kinda listeners need to actually check out blink fully because they'd realise blink actually did grow up until Mark wanted to be 17 all over again. If it wasn't for blink's break up in 2005, I think blink would've escaped that teenage/high school reputation they were known for. They were only just on the verge of proving people wrong after the smiley face album. Another album in their prime would've cemented that IMO.

Yup definitely. That's one of the saddest ironies of the "throwback" Cali era and everything since. A ton of the people in the generation that grew up with Blink are now the people making modern alternative/indie/punk music, their influence is ALL OVER the place in that part of the music world, including younger music writers and critics. Up until very recently they weren't seen as a joke to that crowd, they were seen as the super influential band that inspired a ton of us to pick up guitars/basses/drums for the first time and then went on to grow and carve a path into a more "mature" alternative/indie sound around the time a lot of our musical tastes were expanding too from like 2002-2006.

So it's kinda frustrating to see all of these current bands in the alt/indie/punk world covering Blink or talking about how Blink influenced them and are heroes and everything, only for Blink to retrofit themselves into this shimmery modern radio pop world. It would have been so cool to see them age gracefully and pass their torch on to bands like Joyce Manor, Culture Abuse, Illuminati Hotties, Pup, Charly Bliss, etc., rather than glomming onto the mid-00s plasticky pop punk sound of bands like FOB, Panic, Simple Plan, ATL. I never heard much in common with that scene to be honest.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, or when you get older people saying shit like "yeah I liked them when I was 15".

guilty. well, 16.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Pink vinyl and a couple new shirt/hoodie bundles are now live:

https://blink182merch.com/

I like the tie dye T-shirt except for NINE on the back. Also the smiley should be way smaller like on a pocket square or something 

by far the worst merchandise they’ve ever had. impossible to find good blink shirts, unless you remake the ‘93 ranma one

• Like 4

Yeah I can't wear any of that. Mr Tsurt would have some occasionally that I could rock, but for the most part I've always preferred their side brands anyway so whatever.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, jordidanen95 said:

Them: OMG, I love All the Small Things, that one is my favourite!

You: Pahhhhhhhhh, you heard Stockholm Syndrome and Obvious? 

Them: er, er....

You: What about EASY TARGET?

Them:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a627449f2db95e23c1

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Them: OMG, I love All the Small Things, that one is my favourite!

You: Pahhhhhhhhh, you heard Stockholm Syndrome and Obvious? 

why ask them about songs which are just as terrible?

7 hours ago, boxelder said:

by far the worst merchandise they’ve ever had. impossible to find good blink shirts, unless you remake the ‘93 ranma one

It’s hideous. If anyone wants the stuff - wait a few weeks and get it for 75-80% off. It will still be available. 

I think the only merch items I liked were the vintage anime girl design with the old “blink” label (was a sticker on Mark’s jags) and the several year-old blink shirt I had that was a parody of Bad Religion.

Per Mark’s IG live, 1 more song coming this month, and that’s it before the album drops.

Also said new stuff IS BLINK and he will continue ruining blink lmao!!!

Mark on live.

Q: ”New music isn’t blink.”

A: “WRONG! New music is blink.”

Q: “Mark stop ruining blink.”

A: “NEVER! I will never stop ruining blink.”

Q: “Any new songs before the album.”

A: One and its in August.

Q: “You should do a guest spot on the new AVA album.”

A: “I should. I should.”

14 hours ago, boxelder said:

i designed these myself and still have some available. real silk screen, not digital printing:

cheshire-20th-shirt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i designed these myself and still have some available. real silk screen, not digital printing:

cheshire-20th-shirt.jpg

I don’t understand this guy. Has been over blink for years, yet frequents this board about them posting about the good days and is now pushing homemade Blink shirts.

shit just doesn’t add up to me.

• Haha 1