2018 "New Album News" Thread

Dunno why Simple Creatures seems to be getting a lot of hype either. Just listened to the new EP. Thought it was trash. Only song that was ok was NVM but it's a bit boring and repetitive. First EP is better and even Drug which I think is still a bit crap is way better than the 2nd EP. Adrenaline and Ether have been the best songs by far from SC for me. Prefer the new blink songs more than SC.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mum ground me Even though I'm 45 Why can't she see I just want to be alive Lets party like there's no tomorrow Like kids, we have no sorrow Hit up the local punk rock show Never as

He's writing down the riffs he needs adding to backing tracks. Either that or they're ordering a chinese  to the studio and he's taking down everyone's order. "is that two special fried rice J

Posted Images

am I the only one who just basically hates all of it? California, new stuff, and simple creatures? I don't even like Rebel Girl but it's more tolerable at least. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kay said:

am I the only one who just basically hates all of it? California, new stuff, and simple creatures? I don't even like Rebel Girl but it's more tolerable at least. 

I really like Drug but that's it ... California was an okay listen in the background but not something I really paid any mind after a week or so. The new stuff is hit and miss depending on my mood ... I really like Darkside and Generational Divide but never listen to them. Rebel Girl is great but, again, no real replay value.

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I think it would take you 20 minutes to name 10 things that you like.

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I think it would take you 20 minutes to name 10 things that you like.

It really wouldn't, you only see me in very rigid context my friend. It's not like I hate all music, hell I love Frank Turners new record that dropped on Friday. 

It's kinda interesting hearing Mark in straight up pop music that sounds nothing like Blink, but overall there's just not much about Simple Creatures that appeals to me. Although I would be slightly more interested if it was just Mark to be honest, ATL guy just leaves me feeling gross.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Kay said:

Nope, I'm with you on that one. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kay said:

Rebel Girl is the only song I still listen to every once in a while. Simple Creatures and the new blink stuffs are just terrible. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Kay said:

No, lol the content is just a major downgrade from what we're used to.  Simple Creatures is at least an attempt at Mark being creative, but still a downgrade. Rebel Girl I like only because expectations have been so severely low and it was not bad.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

It's kinda interesting hearing Mark in straight up pop music that sounds nothing like Blink, but overall there's just not much about Simple Creatures that appeals to me. Although I would be slightly more interested if it was just Mark to be honest, ATL guy just leaves me feeling gross.

mark sounds good on it but almost out of place beside gaskarth. mainly because gaskarth is younger and a naturally great singer and mark is...neither. ATL isn’t my cup of tea but this music fits gaskarth well

9 minutes ago, boxelder said:

mark sounds good on it but almost out of place beside gaskarth. mainly because gaskarth is younger and a naturally great singer and mark is...neither. ATL isn’t my cup of tea but this music fits gaskarth well

Yeah it's weird, Gaskarth's voice is technically "better" so it fits the music "better" in a way, because they're both very poppy and glossy sounding and everything, but I strongly dislike it haha. If it was just him singing these songs I'd never give them a second listen at all. But since I like Mark's voice it makes the music seem a little better to me when he's singing.

Overall though it's just not not my cup of tea at all, it's weird when people say new Blink sounds like Imagine Dragons when SC sounds 10000x more like that type of music.

• Like 1

I saw it on reddit, thought it was a joke

On the other side...it would be fun to hear the chorus as a re-recorded version with Mark's recent vocal sound and different sounds on guitar and drums

I hope they re-recorded it, instead of being lazy with old vocal masters and such from 1999

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Blink has never really released shit I wasn't interested in hearing before, this is a weird era for me personally. It seems I'm just getting old and jaded these days.

Or they're getting old and stupid. I'm leaning towards that. 

Just now, Kay said:

Or they're getting old and stupid. I'm leaning towards that. 

Maybe that too but I don't know the general consensus for a blink/wayne mash up outside of the uber fans on this board so it's hard to gauge if it's actually stupid or if I'm just out of touch. 

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Blink has never really released shit I wasn't interested in hearing before, this is a weird era for me personally. It seems I'm just getting old and jaded these days.

No, they are getting old and jaded.  I'm still young and I hate this shit.  I dread this shit. I'm only here for emotional support.