Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

i hate his influence and i don't like him as a Producer either.

but If they Keep going the same route as with California, they might as well just let feldy be in the band as matt contributes nothing.

I don't care for new blink though if feldy's involved. If they go a different route and stop caring about being relatable to Teens it will gain my interest again.

but i'd rather have them quit then California pt.3

• Like 1

Hey, I just want Angels & Airwaves back!

@Ghent Feldy gets way too much hate here, it’s not his fault that Mark wants to sing about parties and teenage satellites.. 

The Knife was one of the best albums of last year, I still listen to it. And to me it’s clear that listening to The Knife makes it clear what’s wrong with California - and it’s not John Feldmann 

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

Wait, so now we want Feldmann to JOIN blink? Crazy bunch we have here!

Fuck no, I still want matt in the band. I just hope feldmann sticks to producing and matt does his share of the writing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

i hate his influence and i don't like him as a Producer either.

but If they Keep going the same route as with California, they might as well just let feldy be in the band as matt contributes nothing.

I don't care for new blink though if feldy's involved. If they go a different route and stop caring about being relatable to Teens it will gain my interest again.

but i'd rather have them quit then California pt.3

Matt contributing nothing seems like the better option.  Unless you'd rather have a 60 year old dude with white hair running around with his thick Cali/Aussie whatever you want to call it accent?

I'll take a non-contributing stiff than that disaster.

1 hour ago, Since88 said:

Hey, I just want Angels & Airwaves back!

@Ghent Feldy gets way too much hate here, it’s not his fault that Mark wants to sing about parties and teenage satellites.. 

The Knife was one of the best albums of last year, I still listen to it. And to me it’s clear that listening to The Knife makes it clear what’s wrong with California - and it’s not John Feldmann 

It's just bad chemistry at the end of the day.

Feldmann is still good by himself, The Knife was damn good and genuine to what he goes for.

Matt is good by himself, Alk3 was good

Mark is still showing up on features sounding good and +44 was legendary and all him

Travis kills it on anything until he dies

Yet you get them together and it just doesn't work. Feldy's production turns Travis' drums into mush, Mark becomes too poppy and stuck in the past with a yes man (Matt) and lazy with a co writer, Feldmann gets to carried away with control and owning the #1 pop punk band, Matt obviously takes a back seat and can't cope with it.  In the end you just get a bit of an unsure thickly produced pop punk hodgepodge.

• Like 1

bummed there doesn't seem like a chance its not feldy.  would love if they would just give a few others a shot just for novelty sakes see what happens.  I'd love to hear those Tim Armstrong sessions from the pre-feldy California time.

blink thrives off their simplicity sounding huge imo.  that ATST video w the subtle synth is a prime example.  and Feldmann just loads up the synths and bells/whistles and production x10000 (im a California pt 1 fan for the record) to be too shiny

I remember reading a Kanye article of him reaching out to Rick Rubin (id kill for them to work w him) before releasing yeezus and he basically said get rid of all the layers simplify it make it 5/10 layers max.  and Kanye attests that being what put that record over the top.  realize a lot of people on here may not be hip hop fans but if you listen to Sia - Reaper (written/produced by Kanye) you can hear just the simplicity of that and the hook and song is huge it gives me a very "I miss you" vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeM0lzQhigg

with all the friends/connections this band has id love to see them go through their iPhones and pick a few new ones to work with that arent Alex from all time low or Patrick from fall out boy.

it could be working with someone in a different world with a different outlook than the John Feldmann Pop Punk Factory to still give them that fall out boy arena/radio level of fame they strive for but with the freshness of the Untitled album everyone loves.

• Like 1

I agree on that: they need to change environment. And moreover, I still think they need another producer. Someone who can really push them musically speaking. Wich is a really different thing than to rush them to produce songs.

• Like 1

Sorry but they aren't going to. It's not like they had bad sales, so there's no reason to even speculate or get hopeful of a producer change. They haven't hinted at it in any way.

Am I the only one, who isnt reading too much into it regarding Matt not being there? They've been in the studio for like a half day on Friday...unless he doesnt show up on the next sessions, there is no reason to "panic"

Also Feldy not being there gives me a little hope that he at least wont be involved in the writing process. Oh well...

After all I will always be excited for new blink music.

14 hours ago, Since88 said:

I liked it

Yeah- it's pretty good.

The song featuring Mark is great (See You Around). Can we just count that as a blink song?

Also like Tijuana Sunrise

• Like 1

The first 8 songs straight on the Knife + Mark's feature at the end is very strong imo.  It honestly was a pleasant surprise. I would listen to it even in Blink/Green Day heydey.

At least Feldmann is trying to keep the pop punk dream alive?  Can we at least give him that?  Might not like his factory production but he's at least got the balls to try and keep it going when it is seemingly dead as dirt now.

• Like 1

Matt not being there doesn't bother me at all, he posted a picture on Instagram the other day of him writing with a guitar so hopefully that's Blink related. Here's Mark recording vocals from Robert's IG story, no audio, but it looks like Mark is saying "I can't stand this. I won't make it. I'm never giving up the fight."

Also, friendly reminder that you can discuss your hatred of Feldmann here. Obviously his involvement is relevant to the new album, but please don't fill this discussion with the same Feldmann arguments we've discussed a thousand times. I want new people to be able to jump in and see new Blink album updates/discussions, not Goldfinger.

• Like 2