Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Just because they had no confidence in the songs, doesn't mean they weren't good. Hey I'm Sorry is superb until the chorus which has Feldman's fingerprints all over it. Mark is very insecure of his own songwriting. He's said that himself. He barely mentions +44 outside of Baby Come On. +44 is his finest work. Has he ever mentioned Kaleidoscope since it was released? That song is one of the best songs ever from a pop punk band IMO.

Mark isn't someone you can trust when it comes to his own music. He hates his own shit. Travis doesn't give a crap. He literally loves everything he plays on. All he gives a shit about is drumming 24/7. He would've been ok with or without Feldman. Skiba wasn't gonna be up his own ass about the songs either. It's not his band in the first place. Of course he'll believe Feldman.

Blink needed someone with an ego. Tom was that guy. He was the one who'd convince them all that their shit was good. But now he's gone. Feldman took Tom's spot pretty much but under a very different approach. Skiba is just to blink what David & Matt were to AVA. Only difference is he sings on the songs and probably wrote lyrics under the shitty first thought = best thought method.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Just compare the lyrics on Hey I'm Sorry to everything else lol.  It's not far fetched to think they weren't writing skipping curfew weekend warrior songs before Feldmann, a co-writer/producer known for writing plasticky pop songs about exactly that..

They saw what Rebecca Black was on and wanted in.

Hey I’m Sorry also happens to be the worst song from the California era. If that is the representation of the pre-Feldmann/post-Tom era, then that is a big “meh” from me.

thank god for Feldy

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

Hey I’m Sorry also happens to be the worst song from the California era. If that is the representation of the pre-Feldmann/post-Tom era, then that is a big “meh” from me.

thank god for Feldy

Not even close. It would've been Sober, but they managed the impossible and made 3 worse songs in Parking Lot, Wildfire & Don't Mean Anything. Hey I'm Sorry is superb until the copy and paste Feldman chorus. And it definitely wouldn't have represented the songs that were written pre-Feldman either. Blink have always been pretty diverse for a pop punk band.

Hey I'm Sorry would've been a unique song, along with the 10-15 or so other tracks that would've been released. All would've sounded different to each other. Although you hate that song, I highly doubt you'd dislike many others. Blink are a great band. With or without Feldman, they're still capable of creating great songs.

I don't consider Feldman to be full on awful. They've proven they can write great songs with him. But they've also proven they can write so much trash with him too IMO. Blink never had so much trash before. It's that inconsistency that I can't stand.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I did not see that coming 😂

Haha, I wonder if Tom improvised that or if that was a mistake that sounded good.

4 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Haha, I wonder if Tom improvised that or if that was a mistake that sounded good.

For fuck's sake, mate, it's only an harmonic 😂. Of course he did it on purpose.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ghost said:

For fuck's sake, mate, it's only an harmonic 😂. Of course he did it on purpose.

True, but never know with Tom DeLonge haha.

Parking Lot and Wildfire are absolute bangers IMHO.

Sober/DMA are def bottom of the era for me personally. (Though admittedly catchy/fun)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Are there any bands out there that Feldmann produces but doesn't cowrite their music?

I bet not!!!

So Blink literally couldn't have used those songs if they went with Feldmann.

I think they're the only band he co-writes every single song with. 

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Parking Lot and Wildfire are absolute bangers IMHO.

Sober/DMA are def bottom of the era for me personally. (Though admittedly catchy/fun)

I always thought Don't Mean Anything was one of the best songs out of the entire California era, along with Misery and Hey I'm Sorry.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 7:31 AM, Nosferatu said:

Don't Mean Anything.

oh my god I forgot all about that song. what a nightmare

• Like 1

Trav was in the studio quite a bit the past few days, though I believe this is with collabs or perhaps his next solo album, so I'm not gonna post it in OP. (Kid Cudi was there)

Misery is the worst. Hate everything it stands for.

Even worse than Parking Lot, Wildfire, Don't Mean Anything, No Future, KOTW..an accomplishment in itself.

10 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Without chooooo 

Lol just relistened to this.  Okay, it might be the worst.  *cue Adams Song intro* "Dearest mommmm" "Dear old dadddd" "without chooo".  + That Disney channel chorus.. wow

Have to say that vocal bridge is really good though. Felt like vintage Mark, wish it was placed in another song because I actually like it.

• Like 1