Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

10 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I get all of that i do, but if a few years later you're still claiming they shouldn't play Tom songs at all and hate all the new stuff... Just seems like a waste of time to me. Just my opinion. 

Why is that so hard to understand?

Watching covers is boring to many, which it essentially is on Tom only songs.

There's PLENTY of songs to make a good show of Mark songs and new songs and a few exceptions like mixed songs or ATST 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Why is that so hard to understand?

Watching covers is boring to many, which it essentially is on Tom only songs.

There's PLENTY of songs to make a good show of Mark songs and new songs and a few exceptions like mixed songs or ATST 

I disagree but that's just my opinion. Not that they can't make good shows with Mark songs but they won't completely stop playing Tom only songs. 

5 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

Again if you don’t like the replacement why bother with the band or a band message board at all? Seems odd to me. Clearly they’re going to play Tom songs you guys need to get the fuck over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never said that I don’t like the replacement. All I’ve said is that I don’t want to see him sing Tom’s songs.

1. It sounds awful.

2. They’ve released like 30ish songs by now, if they really want to be viewed as anything else than a legacy act they have to take out Tom’s songs and replace them with Matt’s songs. As simple as that. Seeing Matt sing Anthem part 2 or Wishing Well is like watching Mike Love’s Beach Boys.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Since88 said:

I have never said that I don’t like the replacement. All I’ve said is that I don’t want to see him sing Tom’s songs.

1. It sounds awful.

2. They’ve released like 30ish songs by now, if they really want to be viewed as anything else than a legacy act they have to take out Tom’s songs and replace them with Matt’s songs. As simple as that. Seeing Matt sing Anthem part 2 or Wishing Well is like watching Mike Love’s Beach Boys.

Tom has such a distinct voice too...would you like hearing Green Day with a Billy Joe stand in?  The thing is, Blink CAN make up for this with the multitude of Mark songs, new songs, and mixed songs that don't come off as jarring

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Since88 said:

if they really want to be viewed as anything else than a legacy act

Tbh, I don't think they care how they're viewed. Sure, they hated Tom's style, but as long as their music is "fast, fun, melodic, everything blink-182 is," I don't think they really give a shit how they're viewed. Otherwise their setlists might be a different story. They're basically a legacy act as is. Adding deep cuts pre-1999 would make them look better, in my view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Elisa said:

How is the Las Vegas residency selling? The first shows are next month but they never announced the dates when they're going to play the old songs. Maybe it was just another lie...

Looks like quite a few seats left if you look at the layout, especially on Sunday:

Sat:
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1700546CA61A32EC

Sun:
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1700546CA61F3301

Especially considering the venue only holds ~2,500 people. I suppose "walk-ins" may happen a lot of you're in Vegas and randomly see Blink is playing that night. .

• Like 2

Oh, I thought those shows would have been sold out by now. They should do something to boost ticket sales then. Even though I agree with, I assume there would be a lot of walk-ins if people who happen to be in Vegas see that they're playing.

• 3 weeks later...

A few good rare songs on there, but I don't think I could go all the way to Vegas on the off-chance they may play a couple of them.

I take it nothing else has been confirmed about whether they might do any entirely pre-1999 shows? He (Mark) just kinda mentioned that then it never came up again

I’d be careful with those lists they have pulled that “list” stuff before only to drop most of the good ones.

adams song is on there and that’s been an off limits track for almost 10 years. I’ll believe it when I see it.

it would be great if they did drop some oldies in and they very well may but the main thrust is no doubt going to be greatest hits. That’s what Vegas shows are usually for.

if I go to see Celine dion  in Vegas I don’t give two shits about a dusty rare song or her new album... I want to hear my heart will go on....perhaps twice 

• Like 5