Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

Who goes to Vegas for Memorial Day? If anything I think Memorial Day Weekend would detract from any one going there, as most are at a cookout with their families in town.

The setlist has nothing to do with the crowd IMHO. Vegas is just a weird spot, a lot of young fans probably can’t afford to travel there just to see Blink, and most of the gamblers/bachelor party crowd would rather gamble and go to a strip club.

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

who cares

Anything negative about Blink drives you crazy.

Its a bit odd. I could get it if you took the position that the hate is overdone, or even way over done if you wanted to make that stretch.

But you literally can't even deal with the slightest bit of criticism. Are you 14?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Went to the show last night, best blink show I been to in a long time! Ended up getting two guitar picks. One of Matt’s and one of marks. Plenty of room on the floor was nice too, got super close without feeling like I was going to die.

Yea the pit didn’t look super crowded. Looked like a good time 

They sound so much better than they did on Kimmel and KROQ. I wonder why. Everything is so much better. Its almost like they were holding out till they got to Vegas. Its good to see.

The setlist is such a nice change like holy crap. Hopefully this opens Marks eyes a bit and people want longer setlists. Still get your hits in plus deep cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Glad they're performing Home Is Such a Lonely Place, but I wish Skiba would actually play the song properly rather than just chords. Sounds weird hearing that song with a rhythm guitar instead of a lead.

I was thinking this same thing. But based on Matt's constant mistakes in the simplest blink riffs, I seriously doubt he could have pulled that off live.

• Like 2

as someone who isn't a fan of alkaline trio (at least, not TOO into them), is matt just horrendously bad at his instrument? he struggles with a lot of blink songs, and there could be other factors -- nervousness, perhaps. but these songs are batshit easy to most guitar players, if i'm not mistaken. seems like a man with 20+ years experience as a professional musician should be able to play more than the chords and sing

but then again, mark isnt much better lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boxelder said:

as someone who isn't a fan of alkaline trio (at least, not TOO into them), is matt just horrendously bad at his instrument? he struggles with a lot of blink songs, and there could be other factors -- nervousness, perhaps. but these songs are batshit easy to most guitar players, if i'm not mistaken. seems like a man with 20+ years experience as a professional musician should be able to play more than the chords and sing

but then again, mark isnt much better lol

He is a much better live performer with Alk3 usually, but alk3 guitar work is a lot simpler than blink. there's barely any riffs, it's much more straight forward chord work. I still love their stuff though, it works for what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Who knows if Matt even wrote the guitar part for HISALP. Could have been Feldmann or Mark.

I don't even believe he wrote and played the guitar part for HISALP on the record. I think it was Feldmann or just someone else. 

• Like 2