Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

1 hour ago, BlinkFloyd said:

One more thing I forgot to add...the first place I ever saw a concert was at Van Andel in 1997.  Ironically, the first band I saw live was Live haha.  The thing I distinctly remember from it was how familiar the odor in the venue smelled like my basement.  And that odor was pot.

Yes all the shows there smell like weed haha

The recent advert for the Vegas shows , shows them playing parking lot live? At least you can see Matt sing one line of it 

what concert was this as I wasnt aware they sang it at the first Vegas weekend and they haven’t played it live before have they ??

4 minutes ago, madgaz182 said:

The recent advert for the Vegas shows , shows them playing parking lot live? At least you can see Matt sing one line of it 

what concert was this as I wasnt aware they sang it at the first Vegas weekend and they haven’t played it live before have they ??

They haven't played it, the photog edited it together using parts of other songs and matching it up. The "We are" part it looks like Matt is singing is from "We are the KOTW", not "We are forgotten young suburbia".

On 6/3/2018 at 12:38 PM, Dylan_ said:

Yeah Parking Lot is probably one of the worst songs they have written as a band.

Forty year old men should not be writing songs about meeting their friends at Target when they are off work.

Works sucks, I know, she left me roses by the stairs, surprises let me know she cares!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Whales said:

It was also written when Tom was 23, not 40+

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

you can cherry pick bad blink lyrics or lyrics that are awkward when singled-out from any era. And from Enema on- blink began writing from the perspective of a person much younger than themselves.

Mark was writing about finding a hottie at Warped Tour when he was 30.

we've went through this before. boring

37 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

you can cherry pick bad blink lyrics or lyrics that are awkward when singled-out from any era. And from Enema on- blink began writing from the perspective of a person much younger than themselves.

Mark was writing about finding a hottie at Warped Tour when he was 30.

we've went through this before. boring

Which is perfectly fair, but to some of us it matters. I actually probably care even less than a lot of people here because I enjoy California. From what I've seen a lot of people do criticize songs like the Rock Show because Mark was already 30+.

I don't think it's wrong to like them or dislike them. However, I do think it's fair to critique them more now considering contextual issues, like age or producer input.

Except California is only cringe lyrics, with nothing to balance it out. 

yes blink have bad past lyrics, but they have a lot of perfectly fine lyrics, and occasionally good ones.

when you have an album of mostly bad lyrics, it sucks. when those bad lyrics are about being teenagers and you happen to be in your 40s, it's downright embarrassing. 

• Like 4

California has some great lyrics :)

just a couple of my favs are:

We're falling faster than we can fly
Forgotten seconds out on Sunset Drive
And I hold on tight
But not enough to hold you back

It feels like the moon
Is spinning off into outer space without you
This room is such a lonely place without you

--really touching lyrics about Mark watching his kid grow up and being scared to let him go

and:

what if I dream
Of going back to San Diego
We bought a one way ticket
So we could go see the Cure
And listen to our favorite songs in the parking lot
And think of every person I ever lost in San Diego

--expertly use san diego as a metaphor for Tom. really cool lyrics about being scared of being tricked back into a friendship with somebody after you think about the great times you had.

and:

all of TTOTM. lyrics perfectly match the energy of the song

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wholesome response I can get behind. Not sure about anyone else, but I really like both of those songs and would agree they boast some of the best lyrics on Cali.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Works sucks, I know, she left me roses by the stairs, surprises let me know she cares!

Wait, do you think this is a bad lyric?

(just curious!)

Interesting. I really like that lyric.

I think in terms of good lyrics, blink peaked during Dude Ranch and went downhill from there, although downhill in this case doesn’t necessarily mean bad. But there are good and bad lyrics on all of blink’s albums, some even in the same songs, I bet. So singling lyrics out is useless.

Besides, it’s not that Mark is too old to be writing lyrics like that, it’s just that he sounds like he’s too old to be singing them. Because of them being out of his current vocal range and the sterile production, etc. Those things aren’t doing him any favors.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ghent said:

just a couple of my favs are:

We're falling faster than we can fly
Forgotten seconds out on Sunset Drive
And I hold on tight
But not enough to hold you back

It feels like the moon
Is spinning off into outer space without you
This room is such a lonely place without you

--really touching lyrics about Mark watching his kid grow up and being scared to let him go

and:

what if I dream
Of going back to San Diego
We bought a one way ticket
So we could go see the Cure
And listen to our favorite songs in the parking lot
And think of every person I ever lost in San Diego

--expertly use san diego as a metaphor for Tom. really cool lyrics about being scared of being tricked back into a friendship with somebody after you think about the great times you had.

and:

all of TTOTM. lyrics perfectly match the energy of the song

Two verses and 1 song of 30 songs! Score!

• Like 1