Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

49 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The one song we have heard from pre-Feldmann is Hey I'm Sorry,  thank god they didn't release an album where that was the best song. yikes

Funny how the only song cali haterZzz like you dont. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I like the songs and I don't buy into the retarded conspiracies.

Mark and Travis are happy and they are releasing good music and are really happy. good time to be a fan, never thought i'd get this again

So we agree that Skiba most likely isnt happy in this situation. 

Skiba has never seemed like a happy person to me, with the whole gothic death thing going on. Hard for me to judge because I'm not an Alkaline Trio fan and don't know what the baseline is.

He seemed stoked to be there the two times I've seen him live with blink though

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I like the songs and I don't buy into the retarded conspiracies.

Mark and Travis are happy and they are releasing good music. good time to be a fan, never thought i'd get this again

What you call conspiracies are actually facts. 

You didn’t answer my question though. Which was expected. 

22 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

What you call conspiracies are actually facts. 

You didn’t answer my question though. Which was expected. 

Please list the questions you would like me to address in numerical format and I'd be happy to get back with you

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

You've never really given a proper answer as to why you are totally cool with Blink being a band that is no longer organic. Why would you want Blink 182 to be John Feldmann? Don't you like, like the band? Don't you want to hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis could write and not John Feldmann? No bullshit, I don't get that. If you are a fan of Blink 182, why don't you want Blink 182? Why do you celebrate some dude who has no connection to them and who is paid to write music across all genres(mostly boy bands) writing their songs for them?

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You've never really given a proper answer as to why you are totally cool with Blink being a band that is no longer organic. Why would you want Blink 182 to be John Feldmann? Don't you like, like the band? Don't you want to hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis could write and not John Feldmann? No bullshit, I don't get that. If you are a fan of Blink 182, why don't you want Blink 182? Why do you celebrate some dude who has no connection to them and who is paid to write music across all genres(mostly boy bands) writing their songs for them?

Blink "not being organic" is fan fic. By all accounts they all worked very well together and enjoyed themselves. Blink-182 is not John Feldmann, he is their producer and co-writer. Yes, I like the band. I did hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis wrote, with the help of a producer/co-writer. I do want blink-182, I got blink-182. I celebrate him because he helped save my favorite band, helped them write a kickass album, and is a hilarious good dude in general.

I hope that answers your questions, Oliver, have a great day

I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind the Hey I'm Sorry chorus.  The little post chorus part is too Cali, intro is obviously wtf? The rest is gold.  Hey I'm Sorry I lost the melody/your memory is classic Mark to me.  

MH: Hold me down deep under water
Wave goodbye to all your daughters
Break yourself but why even bother?
Fathers pray for princes instead
Have your fill of disappointment
Two more years of unemployment
All your fears come to life and leave you boarded up abandoned and spent

MS: Everything you've ever hoped for
Waiting there outside your front door
Bleeding to death

MH: Are you alone with all your thoughts
Your suitcase full of books you bought

Those are seriously good lyrics and genuine to me.  This is exactly what I expected and was wanting from these two, actually a bit pissed seeing the potential going right down the shitter.  They should have used Feldmann just for Bored to Death and been done with it.   And I would trade Bored to Death in a heartbeat to hear and album of what they were writing pre-feldy that they canned.

The only positive of all this is that minor glimpse of Hey I'm Sorry (whether you like the song or not, is good writing) shows they aren't exactly dead just yet..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LeeannTweedenUSMC said:

If Feldman replaced Tom would we then be ok with all of Feldman’s ideas?

We already have to take a leap in acceptance with Tom gone, what’s it matter now if the producer is writing with them. 

Honestly that's a really interesting alternate universe haha, in my opinion I still wouldn't be a fan of the music but I wouldn't have nearly as much of an issue with his input. He would just be a member of a band writing songs for the band he's a member of. Just like anybody else.

But instead we obviously expected a mix of Skiba/Mark/Travis. We didn't end up hearing much (perceived) Skiba influence, and a LOT of Feldmann influence, which caught everyone off guard because nobody knew he was co-writing the album and has a very different vibe than Matt Skiba. So the gap between expectations and reality wouldn't have been as jarring if he was just Tom's replacement in the first place.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Blink "not being organic" is fan fic. By all accounts they all worked very well together and enjoyed themselves. Blink-182 is not John Feldmann, he is their producer and co-writer. Yes, I like the band. I did hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis wrote, with the help of a producer/co-writer. I do want blink-182, I got blink-182. I celebrate him because he helped save my favorite band, helped them write a kickass album, and is a hilarious good dude in general.

I hope that answers your questions, Oliver, have a great day

Everything you've written above is fan fiction.

Very similar to your ideas on Blink 182 post reunion "They are hard at work on the album, things just take time, nothing wrong here"

Meanwhile shit was falling apart, Tom was quitting left and right, they were not recording together, etc etc etc. (all which I predicted by the way)

You live in a world of make believe.

Feldmann writes shit, thats what the dude does. His signature is all over those songs and he even reuses the stuff in other bands. matt has no in influence in the band at all. Just like with everything else, the facts are on the table, you live in fanboy fantasy land.

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Everything you've written above is fan fiction.

Very similar to your ideas on Blink 182 post reunion "They are hard at work on the album, things just take time, nothing wrong here"

Meanwhile shit was falling apart, Tom was quitting left and right, they were not recording together, etc etc etc. (all which I predicted by the way)

You live in a world of make believe.

Feldmann writes shit, thats what the dude does. His signature is all over those songs and he even reuses the stuff in other bands. matt has no in influence in the band at all. Just like with everything else, the facts are on the table, you live in fanboy fantasy land.

aww, are you upset Oliver?

14 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Honestly that's a really interesting alternate universe haha, in my opinion I still wouldn't be a fan of the music but I wouldn't have nearly as much of an issue with his input. He would just be a member of a band writing songs for the band he's a member of. Just like anybody else.

I guess I don't understand why it matters. Just consider him a non touring, 4th member of the band and be done with it if it's such a hang up.

Would be differen't if he was literally writing them completed songs and having them record vocals. But that's not what's happening, and if you say it is you're a tin foil conspiracy theorist imo

2 minutes ago, Vera said:

Lib blogs headlines = one line

No wonder they do it so much!!

Yep, total brainwashing. Ghent was a Trump supporter who turned into a liberal mouth piece. It would be one thing if he just hated Trump but still held conservative positions, he just does the rip and read of the daily liberal talking points.

Even Robert Lee's act is getting old, he was fairly anti Feldmann, but is turning pro Feldmann just so he can disagree with me.