Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

100000% agree, it's why I never really judge a band by youtube vids

It's a weird thing. Conventional singers sound good no matter the medium, but a lot of artists need a bit more audio work to get their strengths to shine. Some people might consider that lack of talent, but we can't all be perfect singers and a band like Blink was never about sounding perfect live. Their issue these days is lack of the banter and energy that used to make them more interesting, apparently. I haven't ever seen them live so I can't really comment.

43 minutes ago, Whales said:

It's a weird thing. Conventional singers sound good no matter the medium, but a lot of artists need a bit more audio work to get their strengths to shine. Some people might consider that lack of talent, but we can't all be perfect singers and a band like Blink was never about sounding perfect live. Their issue these days is lack of the banter and energy that used to make them more interesting, apparently. I haven't ever seen them live so I can't really comment.

agree. watching travis drumming is the only thing worth paying money for right now. they aren't good singers, they aren't good at guitar and the energy and banter they used to compensate that is completely gone as well. 

the only way i'd go watch them is if they play at a festival where I'm already at and there is no other interesting band to watch. 

The truth is, they have no desire to put on good shows. They haven't in a long time.  Off the top of my head I can think of like 20 ideas that would immediately make their show seem fresh and amazing. But it would take effort, work, and most of all, taking a risk at trying something different. The likes of which has made Mark piss his pants since 2005. He is a pussy now.

They do just enough to come out and bang out some greatest hits for a crowd of people who like 80% are just there because they are in Vegas and remember that group that did the All the Small things back in the day. Its just some quick spare cash.

There really is no incentive to do any better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

The truth is, they have no desire to put on good shows. They haven't in a long time.  Off the top of my head I can think of like 20 ideas that would immediately make their show seem fresh and amazing. But it would take effort, work, and most of all, taking a risk at trying something different. The likes of which has made Mark piss his pants since 2005. He is a pussy now.

They do just enough to come out and bang out some greatest hits for a crowd of people who like 80% are just there because they are in Vegas and remember that group that did the All the Small things back in the day. Its just some quick spare cash.

So true Oli. Mark is way too afraid to try anything. Feldy replacing Matt actually would be good. The guy would have so mucch energy on stage which would probably help Mark. Even Tom at his worst was always running around. It must be hard to get pumped with Matt just standing there and then reading off a teleprompter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Show kicked ass, Mark had a blast and Skiba was great. So cool to see Adam’s Song live. The crowd was into it, had a pit going and everything.

From my buddy who hadn’t seen them yet with Matt: “God he sounds so much better than Tom live.” 

Did they play “Obvious” again? Was it not as much of wreck vocally as last week?

12 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Shitty thing is people still go nuts for Small Things and first date. I cringed at how much  of a pop they both still get at their shows.

• Like 1

Been awhile since I was active here but I wanted to chime in on this topic. 

I 100% agree that they need to do something different & exciting for their shows. Ever since I became a fan in ‘11, it’s been the same stage w/ some pyrotechnics.. and that’s it. 

You always see the cool stages that make their way into the crowd somehow, why can’t blink do SOMETHING a bit different to change it up?

On a similar note, 

i saw FOB for the first time recently. I didn’t know the lyrics to too many of their songs, so in the weeks leading up to the show, I just threw different live shows on while I was working out & listened to them.

i noticed that their show seems to be so copy/paste as well.

Most of the recent shows, Sugar We’re Going Down is led by Pete saying “The first time we toured large arenas like this, it was because of this song. So if you know the lyrics, scream then with us”

And, around Save Rock & Roll, he’ll also bring a few fans side stage and asks them “how old are you? 10? Would it make the kids at your school jealous if you were backstage at a FOB show!”

It’s the same thing word for word, at every show. I get it. You’re there to get your money & move on.  you do the same thing day in & out, the majority of the people at those shows don’t go to multiple shows per tour so they don’t know it’s all copy/paste..

but it’d still be nice to change it up and give us “die herds” some excitement 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 4.40 said:

Did they play “Obvious” again? Was it not as much of wreck vocally as last week?

They did, I was right in front of Mark and the whole show sounded great, seriously had a blast. I think Skiba messed up the ending of Reckless Abandon and Mark goofed some bass in Parking Lot but I didn’t notice any other big mistakes. 

Mark was having such a blast interacting with the crowd, Skiba actually interacted more than he usually does. Crowd was loving it. Seriously you guys that think they are such a failure, go to a show and get up front, just as fun as any show I’ve been to. Round 2 tonight!

15 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

They did, I was right in front of Mark and the whole show sounded great, seriously had a blast. I think Skiba messed up the ending of Reckless Abandon and Mark goofed some bass in Parking Lot but I didn’t notice any other big mistakes. 

Mark was having such a blast interacting with the crowd, Skiba actually interacted more than he usually does. Crowd was loving it. Seriously you guys that think they are such a failure, go to a show and get up front, just as fun as any show I’ve been to. Round 2 tonight!

I am not trying to rob you of your enjoyment, but this is big time fanboy alert.

IN the midst of "OMG OMG OMG OMG Blink" and the energy of the crowd, it masks a lot of stuff. I can only say having seen them in 2012 with Tom, and 2016 with Matt, their show had continued to deteriorate. The problem is that Matt simply doesn't have the presence that Tom had.  He actually has no more presence than a guitarist who hangs out in the background. Even drunk/fucked up Tom is still better than Matt who clearly is out of place in this band.

10 hours ago, knapton said:

So true Oli. Mark is way too afraid to try anything. Feldy replacing Matt actually would be good. The guy would have so mucch energy on stage which would probably help Mark. Even Tom at his worst was always running around. It must be hard to get pumped with Matt just standing there and then reading off a teleprompter

Yeah, as much as I dislike Feldmann, I'd prefer to see him onstage over Matt. He has way more energy like you said, and at least then we could claim he is in the band and therefore is not a writer for hire.

It just makes sense.

There is no point in having Matt in this band.