Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I probably should've said "role" or "look". Skiba looks right in Blink, at least as far as being punk and his style/tattoos fit. Feldy is a bleached Dad, I would definitely be embarrassed if he fronted Blink. I also don't think he brought much magical #energies to the Parking Lot performance? Most of the time he stood there moving his hands up and down like a Dad would do to a hip hop song.

Oh, I get it. Yeah you're right. Aesthetically, Matt fits better than other guys, I guess (except when he's wearing vintage cycling jackets and hats onstage or things like that, qhich is like WTF). But on he other hand if I had to ask for something, I wouldn't ask for an aesthetic fit. I mean, what's his main role? Being a piece of furniture or being able to develop his musical skills into blink?

EDIT: just talking about this makes me realize how hard is to fit into Tom's shoes. I'm not thinking in late-late Tom (cause he was a wreck), but in general. The guy is not replaceable by any means. It shouldn't be replaced, though. I'm one of t hose who think that once you lose a crucial member on your band, you shouldn't try to replace it, but embrace your new 'era' and try to grow from there having total respect for your legacy until that point.

I don't mean blink has tryed to 'replace' Tom, which is ok, but is like Matt doesn't end up fitting as some of us may expect.

• Like 2

If you're worried about blink being like dads, it might be time to find a new band lol. Doesn't get much more dad rock than blink (or any band from that era) at this point. Green Day= Dad Rock. Foo Fighter= Dad Rock. RHCP= Dad Rock.

Dad Rock=good shit btw

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If you're worried about blink being like dads, it might be time to find a new band lol. Doesn't get much more dad rock than blink (or any band from that era) at this point. Green Day= Dad Rock. Foo Fighter= Dad Rock. RHCP= Dad Rock.

Dad Rock=good shit btw

Agreed. Plus, who even cares. Listen to whatever you like and don't worry about it. I think Blink would be better off embracing their age.

• Like 1

i'm no fan of feldmann either but i see no benefit of having matt in this band. whoever they put in toms position won't be able to fill his shoes, but at least feldmann gives a crap about entertaining the crowd. as much as i hate his try hard attitude, that was the most livid blink performance since 2015. matt might be great with alkaline trio, but he makes no sense for blink if they want to push the nostalgia pop-punk thing. 

now if they ant to dive in to write a darker more progressive matt-heavy record, that would change. but it all looks like it will be california 2.0 and matt doesn't represent that shit at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

* says world's biggest Tombot

I mock Tom and say he is a fucking loon/idiot on the regular so not sure where you get that from.

I think it's more testament to how bad Skiba is in Blink and how much of a roaring dickhead Feldmann is that I'd prefer Tom in the band than either of them, he's the best of a very bad bunch. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Whales said:

I think it's because he's actually dressed somewhat normally for his age and has embraced the gray hair (even if it's a weird bleached thing), which makes him look a lot older than Mark and Matt who are clinging to their young age and poor hairlines. He's also added energy and hype to a fairly dull stage presence, so he comes across as a bit try hard even if he's not really.

He used to dye his hair grey i think. 

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

Dad Rock=good shit btw

I agreed with this except the word "good". 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

If you're worried about blink being like dads, it might be time to find a new band lol. Doesn't get much more dad rock than blink (or any band from that era) at this point.

the appropriate framing question would be, how many people active on these boards are in their forties?

10 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

The performance grew on me a bit once I saw the entire thing. Feldmann works the crowd and has energy, ya know, stuff you should do onstage, MATT.

If he is in the band, then it removes us worrying about writing songs as an outsider.

I don't really care for him, but if they are going to do this, might as well go all the way. But I'd make 2 requests, either get rid of Matt or put him off in the corner as a backup guitarist/backup vocalist, and give Feldmann a guitar. I think having two guitarists both onstage and in the studio will improve them at this point.

Feldy is a natural frontman

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 5:27 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Full thing here, can hear Mark at the beginning say they are bringing him out to sing the Whoas/Nahs which is pretty funny. At least they are super aware. Also funny when John gets in Mark’s ear and Mark pulls away from him lol.

Long time no see, I just wanted to sign in to say how embarrassing this video is. And thinking some people blame Tom for ruining Blink's legacy. LOL