Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Also, when the Built this Pool clip came out people cummed their panties over how amazing the production and guitar tones were.

People are understandably going to be more excited when new songs drop, especially when you haven't heard anything from the band in like 4-5 years. 

I'm of the view that your objective assessment of something grows over time with the benefit of hindsight. A lot of people take issue with California for good reasons, and hindsight has certainly only made it worse. 

i don't hate California as much as i did when it first came out. i think it's a good album and feldman did a good job at it. mark and travis clearly wanted this. it's not like feldman forced them to release this record. but it isn't really a blink record to me as it lacks everything that set blink apart from the other bands in the genre. I don't Need to list all the Things that I'm disapointed of. 

i think it's hilarious how some of you are blaming feldman for the state this band is in. the guy got a job offer, and executed it the way the dudes wanted it. What's wrong with that? should he just say no to that offer? 

the Thing that bugs me is that how the guys in the band wanted to release this type of an album. when i heard that Skiba was going to join i listened to alk3 and i had great expectations for a band different from the blink that tom was in and i could decide for myself if i like that direction or not.

what happened was that they completely bowed down to the mainstream pop punk Sound that's been overdone….i fail to see any artistic Integrity or will to push boundaries at all. and that's what blink did to me. they set the trend for the other bands to follow, at least in my opinion. now it's vice versa. i do feel like feldman took over the steering Wheel, but i don't think that's a bad Thing or in any way something we can blame him for. who wouldn't. I'm just disapointed that that is what the guys want at this point. 

tom was Pretty much in control/producing the band for DED. I would've loved that Kind of blink on the next record. i would've been fine with a completely oposite direction that i may not like. but taking the easy route and relying on cheap production and bland songwriting is not why i fell in love with this band 15 years ago.

because if i want to listen to simple pop songs, there are plenty of Artists that do it, and they are much better at it than blink is

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

i don't hate California as much as i did when it first came out. i think it's a good album and feldman did a good job at it. mark and travis clearly wanted this. it's not like feldman forced them to release this record. but it isn't really a blink record to me as it lacks everything that set blink apart from the other bands in the genre. I don't Need to list all the Things that I'm disapointed of. 

i think it's hilarious how some of you are blaming feldman for the state this band is in. the guy got a job offer, and executed it the way the dudes wanted it. What's wrong with that? should he just say no to that offer? 

the Thing that bugs me is that how the guys in the band wanted to release this type of an album. when i heard that Skiba was going to join i listened to alk3 and i had great expectations for a band different from the blink that tom was in and i could decide for myself if i like that direction or not.

what happened was that they completely bowed down to the mainstream pop punk Sound that's been overdone….i fail to see any artistic Integrity or will to push boundaries at all. and that's what blink did to me. they set the trend for the other bands to follow, at least in my opinion. now it's vice versa. i do feel like feldman took over the steering Wheel, but i don't think that's a bad Thing or in any way something we can blame him for. who wouldn't. I'm just disapointed that that is what the guys want at this point. 

tom was Pretty much in control/producing the band for DED. I would've loved that Kind of blink on the next record. i would've been fine with a completely oposite direction that i may not like. but taking the easy route and relying on cheap production and bland songwriting is not why i fell in love with this band 15 years ago.

because if i want to listen to simple pop songs, there are plenty of Artists that do it, and they are much better at it than blink is

Good post, this sums up how I feel about the California era as well. I agree, it's not Feldmann's fault - he did the best he could given his style, it's Mark/Travis' fault for choosing him to produce, and as you mentioned, taking the easy way out when it comes to developing their sound. 

• Love 1