Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Personally I think you guys give Feldy far too much credit. IMO once he had them convinced to write and create in his studio he knew he would be getting producing/co-writing credits on everything done there and could add Blink to his resume. Now that of course is my own #weasel theory.

This could be true too. Lots of people take credit for other people's work. I just don't get why Blink would agree to that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

How hard is it to understand that all of them wrote every song together, collaboratively, and each signed off on the end result? They also brought other songwriters in to help get ideas and opinions from. 

It doesn’t have to be some kind of scandalous conspiracy. Very 13 year old mentality. 

Depends on how you look at it. Based on the fact that they never needed help with their lyrics in their prime, it comes off like their well of creativity has dried up a bit. 

8 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Why do people need things like Grammy's and total sales volume to validify anything.

It takes me 2 seconds to put on a Cali blink song, hear some bullshit guitar slide and then Skiba yelling to say "yup, this sucks"

Like when somebody ask his friends if your girlfriend is good enough.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Without Skiba NONE of that happens. It is why I'll always give him a pass on any silly errors or just not being Tom. Dude has stepped in graciously and helped bring my favorite band back to life.

any dude able to barely play guitar and yell who is willing to accept a fat paycheck could've stepped in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thongrider said:

Neither did Mark. 

I think I agree haha. Just I don't think Feldman wrote a single lyric apart from maybe a couple of lines here and there. I think all the songs lyrically are mostly written by Mark & Skiba. Feldman's co-writing team probably wrote 2-3 lines in some of them, which I also don't like about California even if it is just 2-3 lines in some songs.

My gripe with Feldman is that he's involved in the songwriting process, something which I don't think should be happening with a producer. I didn't like that he'd have a chorus idea then let blink take it and rework it either. Let the band write the songs then let the producer and his guys suggest ideas for them when they're finished. The producers should be focusing more on how they should be recorded.

California was almost written like how boy bands write songs. Only difference is blink decided they wanted this and still had a lot of control over the songs. But there was way way too many people involved in the songwriting process and Feldman was just too involved. That's why I feel like it doesn't sound like a blink album. It really shows that blink has less creative input in the songs and it's why I believe outside of like 3-4 songs none of them sound like blink's style of pop punk. Some of the AVA tracks off the Dream Walker and Chasing Shadows sound more like blink than California IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I hope they are referring to the sound or structure of the chorus and how it would work in a song. But idk. Tom did basically refer to him as a songwriter at some point

Yeah, didn't Tom mention that he didn't wanna work with someone like that? I remember him saying something along the lines of it. It sounds like to me Feldman was already on the agenda before Tom quit. Or at least a producer similar to how Feldman works.

I know Tom bullshits a lot but I find his bullshit stuff just to be more exaggerated than actual lies. But this is one of the few comments he's said where he didn't sound ridiculously over the top. I can't remember if it was on a social media post or an interview when he mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, didn't Tom mention that he didn't wanna work with someone like that? I remember him saying something along the lines of it. It sounds like to me Feldman was already on the agenda before Tom quit. Or at least a producer similar to how Feldman works.

I know Tom bullshits a lot but I find his bullshit stuff just to be more exaggerated than actual lies. But this is one of the few comments he's said where he didn't sound ridiculously over the top. I can't remember if it was on a social media post or an interview when he mentioned it.

Tom mentioned in an interview that "Blink was bringing in a writer" and he didn't like the idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I think I agree haha. Just I don't think Feldman wrote a single lyric apart from maybe a couple of lines here and there. I think all the songs lyrically are mostly written by Mark & Skiba. Feldman's co-writing team probably wrote 2-3 lines in some of them, which I also don't like about California even if it is just 2-3 lines in some songs.

My gripe with Feldman is that he's involved in the songwriting process, something which I don't think should be happening with a producer. I didn't like that he'd have a chorus idea then let blink take it and rework it either. Let the band write the songs then let the producer and his guys suggest ideas for them when they're finished. The producers should be focusing more on how they should be recorded.

California was almost written like how boy bands write songs. Only difference is blink decided they wanted this and still had a lot of control over the songs. But there was way way too many people involved in the songwriting process and Feldman was just too involved. That's why I feel like it doesn't sound like a blink album. It really shows that blink has less creative input in the songs and it's why I believe outside of like 3-4 songs none of them sound like blink's style of pop punk. Some of the AVA tracks off the Dream Walker and Chasing Shadows sound more like blink than California IMO.

Pretty sure feldy came up

with the lyrics for KOTW. I mean seriously, what a piece of shit try hard song that is (lyrically speaking). “It’s friday night, let’s lose our minds” “ when Monday morning strikes again, we are the KOTW!”. Jesus, what are we 12 years old?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Pretty sure feldy came up

with the lyrics for KOTW. I mean seriously, what a piece of shit try hard song that is (lyrically speaking). “It’s friday night, let’s lose our minds” “ when Monday morning strikes again, we are the KOTW!”. Jesus, what are we 12 years old?

Ignoring the lyrics, I do really like that part. It was well written and a nice shift in direction.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom mentioned in an interview that "Blink was bringing in a writer" and he didn't like the idea.

Hm... I remember that too, but knowing Tom, I'm not sure that has to be 100% true. I mean, it could be possible that he just said bye bye when Travis hit Feldmann to produce the record, but as I said, knowing how Tom behaves lately, I'm more inclined to think that they just fired Tom because his delays and shit.

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Feldy came in long after Tom was gone. They had already written the infamous "30 songs that sounded like Alk3 & +44" we all want to hear with Skiba before Feldy even came up...

Here was Tom's quote from early 2016:

"We are different people after different things. For one, I think partnering with a song-writer on the Blink album (John Feldmann – 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was too far a change, but something they desired, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. I guess I’ve always just liked the song-writing we did together. But, at the end of the day, I support their desires. And if they are happy, then that’s what matters..”

There were two ways to go when Tom left, they could bring in Skiba and build a natural chemistry before stepping into the studio but that would take a hell of a lot of time or they could get someone to help gel the writing styles and push the band inorganically. They made the better choice, it had been years of delays for Blink and they opted to release new material. I, personally, don't care for Feldmann but if he was hired to meld the band then he did his job well. It remains to be seen on whether or not he will taken on a more traditional producing role with this new album or not, I suppose we can speculate.

California and the Deluxe aren't bad releases by any means but they aren't as fleshed out as they could have been and they aren't as organic to the band as maybe a record that was written after a natural chemistry was built would have been. The chemistry is there now, we will see what it brings. I don't think they'll do a California pt. 2. I think they'll take their time and write it natural and we will get a better idea of what Blink with Skiba actually sounds like ... and, also, for the record, I'm glad Feldmann made them throw out the early songs they wrote together.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

A lot of people were pumped at the news of Feldmann coming in until Tom wrote his dumb facebook post with the subtle jab about partnering with a songwriter. Sheeple

I didn’t really care about that tbh. Expected Tom to say shit like that after his big emotional post he made shortly after being kicked out. For me it was after the album dropped and saw feldy had songwriter credits on EVERY song, and every song had whoas and na na’s. After that, the album got harder and harder to listen to. Lost some authenticity for sure.