Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

12 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I give them props for lines like that because those are the types of subjects that seem more honest than the more superficial phony-seeming teenager lyrics. Getting older, wondering if you still got it, trying to hold onto your past and fighting feelings of being inadequate, those types of feelings are presumably pretty juicy and honest for guys in their 40s and being pretty far removed from the height of their careers (especially after all their ups and downs over the years) and I hope they feel comfortable exploring more stuff like that in the future.

There's a chance they might be happier than ever with their families and the band and everything and they just wanna write fun-in-the-sun pop hits, but Mark has always written really well about things like regrets or insecurities or good times that have gone away, I think he can still focus more on really good honest lyrics about those topics from his current place in life. At least I hope so!

definitely

14 hours ago, Ghent said:

So you want him to give into the cynicism and just stop making music?

what a fan site!

Haha ah man come on Ghent there is some potentially POSITIVE discussion of something California related, the exact conversation you always say you want on this board, and instead of joining in you cherry-pick one tiny comment and blow it out of proportion just for the sake of keeping your grudges going. I think you LIKE the constant bickering, you're addicted!

15 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha ah man come on Ghent there is some potentially POSITIVE discussion of something California related, the exact conversation you always say you want on this board, and instead of joining in you cherry-pick one tiny comment and blow it out of proportion just for the sake of keeping your grudges going. I think you LIKE the constant bickering, you're addicted!

i think you missed this comment before I said anything!

17 hours ago, Reginald said:

*Waiting for Ghent to come and defend Mark/Cali*

21 hours ago, Ghent said:

I guess I just don't understand why it's ok to write Give Me One Good Reason, First Date, Rock Show when you're approaching 30, but Teenage Satellites is an absolute offense in 40s.

but we've went through it before, so agree to disagree about it being a problem

You very well know the difference.

20 something year olds can speak for younger generations. 40 year olds cannot be a younger generation. It's weird and awkward and they've had other experiences to talk about. It's also awkward after already evolving past that with albums like Untitled, WYHSB, neighborhoods that talked about significantly more genuine things to them.

A lot of early Blink was always tongue in cheek too, it was obvious. When they talked about 'she's so cool, feel it seeping through the window" you can obviously feel the tone being somewhat tongue in cheek.  When they dress up like 70s hillbillies and are fucking around all video it's a lot different than what they are portraying now.

Difference between we are the kings of the weekend, we are young suburbia and what's my age again?

Not every song was pandering cringe either, they would sprinkle them in, and they'd still be better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

30 is not that old dude

I'm 31, i would know how old it is, lol

i definitely wouldn't be writing lyrics about picking up hotties at Warped Tour unless I was purposely channeling my youth for a band aimed at teens

But they were those dudes.. They were self aware immature 27 year olds and had those stories to tell/vent about.  It didn't seem unnatural at all, unless they kept doing it, which they didn't.  They don't have those stories to write about anymore 

Honestly if they were writing "we are forgotten young suburbia" "we are the kings of the weekend" on Toypaj or Enema it'd still be cringe. They were just much craftier with their youth lyrics on those albums easily.

• Like 1