Infinity War

whales

Anyone else seen Infinity War yet? I'm not a crazy Marvel fanatic, but I was stoked for this one and it definitely didn't disappoint. I was impressed with how they handled the scale.

Also I have no idea if i should title this with spoilers or something.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

I wouldn't go that far. There's no revelation I felt strong enough that would give you that feeling that Empire does.

It's probably my favorite avengers movie though.

For the general audience that had no idea about the snap or the general story of the infinity gauntlet, I'd say it does. Hardcore fans obviously didn't get that same surprise. 

Spoiler

Spiderman dies though.

For the common moviegoer that has no idea he has a sequel planned already, and that they'll come back in the next one I'd say that's pretty crazy. I know nothing will be as shocking as Empire, but that was a different time. There's no way to really have the same shock factor these days.

Well I just wrote a response and it wasn't posted (I swear this forum is screwy at times), so fuck re-writing it. Basically the reveal in Empire was a reveal, there's not a real "reveal" here. It's just shocking blunt at the end.

Is this worth seeing? 

The only Marvel movie that I've seen in the last few years is Spiderman Homecoming which was pretty decent. Marvel pumps out so much mediocre shit that it's hard to get excited for any of it anymore. I've noticed that these movies are like 90% hype. Everyone raves about them. And then you wait a year or two and they all fall into that category of 7.5-8.0/10 action movies, a dime a dozen. 

• Like 1

Just read some shit on the internet before you go and you should be good. 

I would not call the ending crazy because you know theyll all come back. Not sure how I feel about Brie Larson being the one to come save the day though, which is whats going to happen. 

Well they gotta have a real female super hero to be in the Avengers, none of that Scarlet Witch, Black Widow bullshit. How else are we gonna inspire girls to buy more action figures?

Thanos was incredible, it's nice to have a villain with personality.  I wanted even more of his backstory even though it was a lot different than the comics.

I've seen every MCU movie, and I can't figure out why in the fuck they all use flip phones?!? Did I miss something???

Loved it, can't wait to see it again, and possibly a third time (being the only time of my recollection that I'll have seen any film 3 times or more in a theater).  Kudos to Marvel, they had a gameplan, stuck to it for a decade and it has paid off wonderfully.  Even if you aren't a fan of the MCU, you can not deny that they've accomplished exactly what they set out to do, sure there are a few inconsistencies here and there, but they don't really ruining anything and overall, the MCU works, and works very well at that.

3 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Thanos was incredible, it's nice to have a villain with personality.  I wanted even more of his backstory even though it was a lot different than the comics.

I've seen every MCU movie, and I can't figure out why in the fuck they all use flip phones?!? Did I miss something???

Can you make a list rating each MCU movie? For real, I want to get back into these movies but there's too much content to weed through. I don't trust reviewers because it's Disney. 

5 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Can you make a list rating each MCU movie? For real, I want to get back into these movies but there's too much content to weed through. I don't trust reviewers because it's Disney. 

Yep! Give me a couple of minutes lol. 

PERSONAL ranking: 

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9/10

2. Infinity War (this will probably move to #1 but it's too fresh) 9/10

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10

4. Thor: Ragnarok 8.5/10

5. Captain America: Civil War 8/10

6. Iron Man 7/10

7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7/10

8. Marvel's The Avengers 7/10

9. Black Panther 7/10

10. Spiderman: Homecoming7/10

11. Captain America: The First Avenger 7/10

12. Ant-Man 6.5/10

13. Avengers: Age of Ultron 6/10

14,  Doctor Strange 6/10

15.  Thor: The Dark World 6/10

16. Iron Man 3 Bad

17. Iron Man 2 Bad

18.  Thor Bad

19. The Incredible Hulk (I don't really know why this is included, but it is, I DEFINITELY wouldn't watch this one lol.)

giving them ratings is pretty hard, a lot of the ones I'd say were 7 or 6/10 are solid and entertaining movies, but my top 5 I would say are absolutely great.  Some of them drag IMHO, and you might like certain characters more than I do (for example I'm not the biggest Iron Man or Spider-Man fan). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

PERSONAL ranking: 

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9/10

2. Infinity War (this will probably move to #1 but it's too fresh) 9/10

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10

4. Thor: Ragnarok 8.5/10

5. Captain America: Civil War 8/10

6. Iron Man 7/10

7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7/10

8. Marvel's The Avengers 7/10

9. Black Panther 7/10

10. Spiderman: Homecoming7/10

11. Captain America: The First Avenger 7/10

12. Ant-Man 6.5/10

13. Avengers: Age of Ultron 6/10

14,  Doctor Strange 6/10

15.  Thor: The Dark World 6/10

16. Iron Man 3 Bad

17. Iron Man 2 Bad

18.  Thor Bad

19. The Incredible Hulk (I don't really know why this is included, but it is, I DEFINITELY wouldn't watch this one lol.)

giving them ratings is pretty hard, a lot of the ones I'd say were 7 or 6/10 are solid and entertaining movies, but my top 5 I would say are absolutely great.  Some of them drag IMHO, and you might like certain characters more than I do (for example I'm not the biggest Iron Man or Spider-Man fan). 

Thanks!
I've watched the crossed-out films. I'll probably do Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Captain America: Civil War > Avengers Age of Ultron > and then Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians 2 and Black Panther/Avengers Infinity War when they're available. 

• Like 1