Blink KROQ Weenie Roast Stream

Chewy030

True. I agree with Oliver that there is something about him thats been mildly creepy or off putting. Like - he looks like a psychopath or something. Not really sure how to explain it - but I'm surprised Mark / Blink would be booking shows knowing he just had throat surgery.

• Like 1

I think it's just the look in his eye & body language.  Just seems super uncomfortable and unsure about himself with blink and trying to be more immature. 

Alk3 was always a more moody 'mature' style writing, now he's trying to go backwards mentally and seems like a complete mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vera said:

I think it's just the look in his eye & body language.  Just seems super uncomfortable and unsure about himself with blink and trying to be more immature. 

Alk3 was always a more moody 'mature' style writing, now he's trying to go backwards mentally and seems like a complete mess.

Even when it was first announced that Skiba would be filling in for Tom at Musink I thought it was real odd - He's not at the top of my list of people I'd think who'd have been a good fit to play in the band. I would've thought Jim from Jimmy Eat World would've been a go to for Mark, though I doubt Jim would've done it. Skiba doesn't really "fit" in with the blink style / humor / music, etc. Still, I don't dislike him - just prefer him with Alkaline.

• Like 1

i feel like being a piece of equipment for a stale touring act is definitely taking a toll on skiba. he used to put so much in to his music. the last sekrets album showed that he was longing for a creative change. i'm sure he was super excited to work with mark and do something different as well but then a guy from a terrible ska band threw it all in the trash. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, horchata said:

Even when it was first announced that Skiba would be filling in for Tom at Musink I thought it was real odd - He's not at the top of my list of people I'd think who'd have been a good fit to play in the band. I would've thought Jim from Jimmy Eat World would've been a go to for Mark, though I doubt Jim would've done it. Skiba doesn't really "fit" in with the blink style / humor / music, etc. Still, I don't dislike him - just prefer him with Alkaline.

Jim makes even less sense than Skiba, in regards to maturity and humour.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vera said:

Hm.. kind of. I don't think he's trying to go mentally anywhere, but sure to me it feels like he's not being genuinely him while being in blink mode. It'ls like having to impersonate something that he didn't impersonate ever.

21 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I’ve had a couple chances of could of gone to see them over the last year or so and have lost all desire to go. Until they change they setlist I can’t justify seeing them again. I’ll support any new music they put out in terms of buying the record but from a live show I have zero interest anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sadly not worth it. Especially for us true fans who've seen them multiple times. I screen their new music before buying. I'll probably never have a deluxe song in my iTunes.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

It's sadly not worth it. Especially for us true fans who've seen them multiple times. I screen their new music before buying. I'll probably never have a deluxe song in my iTunes.

I actually still enjoy the California albums but their live show is just meh. I get that way with bands who never change a damn thing. You can only watch the same show so many times. 

If I remember right, didn't Skiba have like debilitating acid reflux and throat problems years ago and had to take time off of Alkaline Trio as well? I swear I heard that he had to stop drinking so much because those problems and it was wrecking his voice. This would've been like maybe a decade ago at this point, I'm not sure though I was never a huge Trio fan but it seems familiar.

11 hours ago, Kay said:

Jim makes even less sense than Skiba, in regards to maturity and humour.

I don't think Skiba was ever really known as a "funny" guy either. He was always pretty dark with Alkaline. Not disagreeing with you - Jim's quite different, though considering Mark has said JEW was his favorite band I'm surprised Jim didn't get the first phone call.

48 minutes ago, horchata said:

I don't think Skiba was ever really known as a "funny" guy either. He was always pretty dark with Alkaline. Not disagreeing with you - Jim's quite different, though considering Mark has said JEW was his favorite band I'm surprised Jim didn't get the first phone call.

There's a lot of slight humour references, or at least quippy lyrics and just generally more of a blink like energy than J.E.W - Jim Adkins has basically been a boring old man since like, '97 - I love Jimmy but I just don't see him working with blink in literally any way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

If I remember right, didn't Skiba have like debilitating acid reflux and throat problems years ago and had to take time off of Alkaline Trio as well? I swear I heard that he had to stop drinking so much because those problems and it was wrecking his voice. This would've been like maybe a decade ago at this point, I'm not sure though I was never a huge Trio fan but it seems familiar.

2 hours ago, darkarrow said:

Didn't he just have some minor throat surgery not long ago as well?  Or was that someone else?

Yeah, it all is the same thing. He had surgery because that. Also, accentuated by heavy drinking and smoking. The result was his voice in Good Mourning, which I love, by the way.