The blink-182 Safe Space

Ghent

This is my attempt #2 at the safe space. First one just wasn't the vibe I wanted. Turned into a contest to bash blink the hardest without being overtly brutal about it.

In this thread, no complaining is allowed. This is a thread for fans to discuss blink with positive vibes only.

This thread will be enforced militantly. No trolls, no mean-spirited sarcasm, no whining, no hating, no conspiracy theories. The rest of the board will gladly accept all of that.

So get your sunshine pumpers out and let's fanboy out! Anyone else like them some blink?!

• Like 2

I love it when I haven't listened to them in forever then I throw on some Dumpweed. 

good times man.

TOYPAJ is still wonderful to me. I wish Spotify would release the 3 secret songs from those albums and Mark Tom and Travis Show. 

Such a good band and I'm looking forward to gambling and catching a show in Vegas. If anyone wants to get down meet me at Freemont at 3AM

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If you can have a hate free zone, can we have a kansas crew free zone?

I love the outro to Adams Song so much.  When they do that diary and the instrumental plays, shit gets me hard.  Who ever decided to put that vocal thing in the chorus is a genius

• Love 2

I have been watching the Weenie Roast show here and there for a last couple of days, and then I'll randomly click through and find some show like Reading or something where Tom was at his worst live and I am so thankful for the state of the band right now.  

Maybe I'm getting old but I appreciate that the songs sound like ya know....the songs live. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still haven't watched much of the Weenie Roast. Definitely sounds like Matt's voice was off because of his surgery though. His voice was already weird sounding and hoarse in that interview they did before the show with KROQ. so if he can't talk normally it's not a surprise that his singing didn't sound right either.

Neighborhoods was fucking cool in retrospect. I think it has gotten better with age. It really is a weird (and sometimes awkward) mesh of blink, AVA, +44, and Box Car Racer, and I think that's what makes it cool. It's really the culmination of everything the guys had done up to that point. It's not the best blink album by any means, but it's a cool piece of blink history that I think really encapsulated who they were at that moment in time. I appreciate it a lot more now than I used to.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

That last question lol...

Take it. I’d be amiss if I didn’t ask, but does Tom have an invitation to join the band live?

Mark: We haven’t really talked about that at all. I mean, there’s no hard feeling or bad blood between us and Tom. He’s doing his thing and we support him entirely, but we haven’t talked about him coming out at all.

Quoting this from another thread in hopes of having a healthy discussion..

If Tom ever was interested in rejoining the band, these Vegas shows would be a perfect opportunity for him to hop in for a show or two. See how it works with Skiba on stage with him.

I wonder if we will even get bootlegs of these shows? Cameras/phones are not allowed at a lot of Vegas shows..but it might be different for something like this

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Quoting this from another thread in hopes of having a healthy discussion..

If Tom ever was interested in rejoining the band, these Vegas shows would be a perfect opportunity for him to hop in for a show or two. See how it works with Skiba on stage with him.

I wonder if we will even get bootlegs of these shows? Cameras/phones are not allowed at a lot of Vegas shows..but it might be different for something like this

I'm still sticking to my prediction that they'll do some sort of Enema 20th anniversary show/quick tour in 2019 and Tom will be temporarily involved with that somehow. Whether it's doing entire shows, one song, he'll be there.

5 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I'm still sticking to my prediction that they'll do some sort of Enema 20th anniversary show/quick tour in 2019 and Tom will be temporarily involved with that somehow. Whether it's doing entire shows, one song, he'll be there.

I think it's a guarantee that they do something for Enema anniversary, but I can't see Tom being involved unless he warms back up with the band and is willing to play as a 4 piece.

no way he comes out of the blue, Skiba goes to the sideline, and they play anniversary shows with Tom

25 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I think it's a guarantee that they do something for Enema anniversary, but I can't see Tom being involved unless he warms back up with the band and is willing to play as a 4 piece.

no way he comes out of the blue, Skiba goes to the sideline, and they play anniversary shows with Tom

In my far fetched idea it would be as a four-piece with Skiba, either advertised as a way to hype up the shows even more or a special surprise appearance for a song. Either way I imagine it as a special occasion "we're all cool with each other" thing rather than like getting Skiba out of the picture or bringing Tom back into the band for good.

• Like 1