The blink-182 Safe Space

Ghent

2 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

This Lil Wayne thing is way overblown. Who cares? I'm actually more excited that they are testing new waters like this and being a little riskay.

Kudos to them for the Wayne thing.  About time.

Reading the hate for it on reddit makes it seem like people actually think their tour announcement video is a new single. Bizarre

32 minutes ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

Reading the hate for it on reddit makes it seem like people actually think their tour announcement video is a new single. Bizarre

Dude I have seen so many comments like that too. Are some people so dumb that they thought that was a new song? I'm seriously beginning to wonder

• Haha 2

This post from reddit is pure gold:

A friend spent some time looking around the internet to get a collection of what people are saying about blink-182:

Selling out I guess: Blink have officially SOLD OUT. They no longer care about the music, they only care about sleeping on their huge piles of money. Who knew they would ever stoop down so low?

So overproduced: WHATS WRONG? they started to make some overproduced and boring songs that only demostrate that their time of fame is going down. If you have a good formula to make cds and entertain people what would you change it?

There's more: I used to think the music is good. I don't mind stupid lyrics and untalented musicians (Travis is good) as long as the songs are infectious and amusing. However, I guess the boys got tired of being called un-talented and got tired of hearing how much they sucked live, and have tried very hard to become "artists." Bad idea.

Brutal: completely over produced, over thought, it's complete garbage. The lyrics make no sense, the music is some lame combination of the old blink into an emo/techno/abstract rock kind of style.

Wow: Blink needs to stop morphing. Blink 182 started out as a melodic punk band with excellent tunes that were simple and most of the time easy to figure out and play, but great none the less. However, they took what was a great thing and could have been profitable (maybe not as much as they're profiting now, but still profitable) while still maintaining dignity and threw it away for a spot on TRL.

And: Shut up and play, you little sissies. Blink 182 have seen their album sales decrease with every new album release, so they felt it was time to "mature." To Blink, maturity means whine and complain over now cliche "Mall Punk" guitars. I suppose if you are 14 years old and yer grounded for a week, this might be a decent enough. Wait, they have tattoos and lip piercings, so their music MUST be pretty tough, right? HA!

God, people are mean: They need to change their band name. They are disgracing the music they made before and their original fan base.

Wow people...

Oooooooooooooh, wait, these are all comments about Blink-182's untitled album from 2003. My mistake!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 3

Production is better than Feldmann's stuff without a doubt. The verses and the guitar riff that plays in them work really well. I actually don't hate the chorus, the ritalin line is a bit cringe but it sounds good with the melody at least. Overall not as bad song as I thought it'd be. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Production is better than Feldmann's stuff without a doubt. The verses and the guitar riff that plays in them work really well. I actually don't hate the chorus, the ritalin line is a bit cringe but it sounds good with the melody at least. Overall not as bad song as I thought it'd be. 

How is the production better than feldmans? I’m not saying it is or it isn’t, just asking for why you feel that way?

I remember when I first gotten into blink I was 16 and I loved toypaj first and then enema. Liked some dude ranch songs too. And I thought the untitled was just a strange album they made and only liked go i think since I only listened to pop punk growing up i couldn't feel the rest of the songs. Then two or three years later I started posting on forums and everyone was calling the untitled album the masterpiece and all that and I was like "wtf? this can't be right" and I kept revisiting that album to see what people liked and yeah it's one of my favorite rock albums all time.

All I'm saying is it's logical for people to hate when they hear something new from a band. Look at neighborhoods for christ's shake. This was considered by most people here a total disaster and a failure and now everyone thinks it's a classic. This new song has that new vibe in it for me. Maybe I'm wrong and the whole album is a poppy bubble-gum and they turn into fob as people are saying but I don't think that's the case. This song feels fresh and different I'm so excited for the new direction. Plus Mark seems confident even though he's getting hate and the sc ep was really really cool.

My request for the album: I need Mark only and Matt only songs. Let each one showcase his self in separate songs. I get why they didn't do it in cali but now Matt is a real member of blink he has to embrace it.

52 minutes ago, petros said:

My request for the album: I need Mark only and Matt only songs. Let each one showcase his self in separate songs. I get why they didn't do it in cali but now Matt is a real member of blink he has to embrace it.

Yeah

2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

How is the production better than feldmans? I’m not saying it is or it isn’t, just asking for why you feel that way?

Matt’s vocals sound more real, drums sound crisper even though it’s electronic style, guitar on the verses sound better. It doesn’t sound fake and compressed and weak like Feldmann’s style; there’s a genuine effort behind in the production IMO.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Matt’s vocals sound more real, drums sound crisper even though it’s electronic style, guitar on the verses sound better. It doesn’t sound fake and compressed and weak like Feldmann’s style; there’s a genuine effort behind in the production IMO.

Can’t say I agree with you when you’re trying to say the non existent guitar sounds better than an actual guitar