Blink on Kimmel

Chewy030

Travis is amazing and just continues to improve with his stuff.

The rest of it was meh, better than KROQ, but vocally they are very weak and Matt/Mark just don't seem to gel, it just doesn't sound that great.

EDIT: Now Mark can't even sing lower stuff on Miss You. I have concerns is voice is just going to give the fuck out in the near future.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Helen Hoppus said:

better than kroq. 

So is watching my parents have sex, doesn't mean I want to watch/listen to it.

Kings of the Weekend sounds so empty live, especially the verses - the only reason that song has really made it into the setlists since California is because it's a piece of piss to play instrumentally, not because it's a good song. 

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

So is watching my parents have sex, doesn't mean I want to watch/listen to it.

Kings of the Weekend sounds so empty live, especially the verses - the only reason that song has really made it into the setlists since California is because it's a piece of piss to play instrumentally, not because it's a good song. 

I actually like the song and I am glad they are trying at least SOME new stuff.

But it does sound very empty live, and their vocals are just not good. Matt doesn't even sound as good as a drunk AVA yodeling Tom anymore; and its quite hard to sound worse than that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

true, i posted that during i miss you. perhaps he can only sing in his mid range now, he struggles with deeper/higher notes 

I still wish like hell Matt would use a fucking Capo though. Would make Miss You sound sooo much better. 

• Like 1

Here's Feeling This/ATST (start at 4:30ish to skip I Miss You) they crushed these! Funny  that Matt actually said "Surprises let me know she cares" since they were on Kimmel, as opposed to "Cunnilingus so she knows I care" like he's been saying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

I can't believe this is what passes as "killing it" for some of you. This band is fucking awful now, not only compared to what they used to be but as musicians in general. Travis is the only one able to make this band reputable. Go show this to any one of your friends who have no idea what blink is doing now adays and ask them if they'd keep listening to them after a performance like this. Good god, and some of you had the audacity to complain about AVA's live shows. At least that band never had a reputation to uphold. 

I don't recall anyone saying "Killing it" Calm down there pal. For the most part people have said it was solid... Take a chill pill man. 

I still feel matts voice is a bit strained, the no control bits on kotw seem like hes trying to save his voice.

Marks pretty old now and that massive tour they did for california seems to of killed his voice unfortunately...

Just now, Chewy030 said:

I don't recall anyone saying "Killing it" Calm down there pal. For the most part people have said it was solid... Take a chill pill man. 

It's just weird to be part of a board for so long, and a fanbase for so long - to watch so many people slowly set the bar lower and lower for a band that used to absolutely dominate in so many ways - their live shows being one of them. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

36 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Here's Feeling This/ATST (start at 4:30ish to skip I Miss You) they crushed these! Funny  that Matt actually said "Surprises let me know she cares

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

It's just weird to be part of a board for so long, and a fanbase for so long - to watch so many people slowly set the bar lower and lower for a band that used to absolutely dominate in so many ways - their live shows being one of them. 

Well I guess this is growing up..... 

8 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

This quote sums up everything. Used to be a band that I would drop everything for to hear them play anything... yeah, now I could go definitely go without hearing the botched WMAA openers and strained vocals. Yikes. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

lol at the idea that blink used to "absolutely dominate" live. cringe

They sounded like absolute balls live in 2003/2004, the pinnacle of blink for most of the posters here.

They weren't really that great during the reunion either... Toms Guitar tone and drunken slurs etc.