Solo: A Star Wars Story

theedge00

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

How is a 71% RT critic score not favorable? wouldn't that pesky tomato be green and look like a splat if the reviews were not favorable?

I didn't mention Rotten Tomatoes - I've seen a few reviews pop up online, all were quite negative, that's all. 

Its 71 percent reviews from critics, the last jedi had 80-90 percent didnt it and actual fans reviews took it down to 50 percent...

I dont think solo will be that bad but ill probaly wait for it to come on dvd before i watch it.

Donald Glover is going to ace it tho!

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I always thought Han Solo was a cunt. Was delighted when Kylo put a hole in the smug cunt

Dude.

That might be the worst take I've ever read on here

• Like 2

There have been actual campaigns to sabotage the reviews for The Last Jedi and Solo. That's why there was such a massive difference between critic and fan scores for TLJ. I assume we'll see the same thing with Solo regardless of how good the movie actually is.

It's just a few hours away now for me!

Yeah, the alt-right is already sabotaging the "want to see" rating on RT because a writer came out and jokingly said Lando is a "pansexual" because he flirts with his droid.

So it won't surprise me if the user rating is shit, just like TLJ, mainly because of it.

T-minus 2 and a half hours!

Rotten tomatoes made a statement saying the reviews for the last Jedi were legit and matched the numbers they had for the force awakens. I’m sure there were quite a few trolls that marked it down but There just was also a lot of people who just didn’t like the movie

Yeah by that point it was just a meme really to negatively review that after the negative reviews were blamed on trolls for the RT score. 

Blaming the solo want to see rating on trolls seems like fanboy damage control to be honest. From the get go people have been wary of this film, a lot of people were vocal about not liking the casting choice for Han, the very public production issues, change of director mid way through and coming straight after the last Jedi which as we’ve said had some very negative reviews it doesn’t suprise me that people aren’t too keen to see this.

Until two hours ago Solo was by far the Star Wars movie I’ve been the least excited about... but since they just confirmed that a Boba Fett movie is coming out, that’s now the movie I’m least excited about. Fuck.

If you would have asked me two years ago if there are any Star Wars movies I’d never want them to make, I’d say Boba Fett, and a Han Solo movie without Harrison Ford. So, we can only go up from here I guess!!

unless the next one is “Binks: a Star Wars Story.”

(I’m currently in the theater waiting for Solo to start. I’m stoked!)

Toss the reviews in the bin, Solo was fucking awesome. A great time and really felt like an OT movie. 100% exceeded expectations. I can’t imagine a big SW fan not loving this movie

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Toss the reviews in the bin, Solo was fucking awesome. A great time and really felt like an OT movie. 100% exceeded expectations. I can’t imagine a big SW fan not loving this movie

did you like the appearance at the end? Totally hinting at Kenobi movie

• Like 1

as far as that goes, it was cool and all, but I’ve never liked that they brought him back to begin with. Definitely sets up some interesting possibilities. But they’ve already killed him off in the cartoon? So yeah, I’m not sure where they’re going with that