Untitled's Popularity

blink182enema

American Idiot was a great record for that time and for green day...but lets face it

Self-Titled wins just by ''Production'' alone. Just the way it sounds all together.

Blink morphed into something new with that record. The lyrics, musical ideas and styles, Creative song changes, Different instrumental tones, For the first time you feel this gritty anger in their music, they used their voices in new ways. And nothing felt forced....just really natural.

Funny enough i hated this record when i got introduced to blink. I found it messy.....i could not understand all the instrumental parts during Stockholm Syndrome's intro. It just sounded like a mess and so did other songs. Maybe my musical understanding wasn't developed like now or something. It has to be one of their best intro's ever, Weird they never really got that intro right when they played the song live i feel.

• Like 7

There aren’t many records that people can point to as changing the landscape of an already established genre, but untitled is one of them, if only because it showed everyone that pop punk is only as limiting as you make it.

Boom. great piece.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, darkarrow said:

I think we'll see more appreciation for WYHSB as well.

That would be interesting and cool to see! I do think it's way more highly regarded among some Blink fans than anyone else in the music world though. I think it was a good album but it didn't stick with me over the years. I never really think about it or listen to it anymore, but I know I'm in the minority with that around here.

51 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

That would be interesting and cool to see! I do think it's way more highly regarded among some Blink fans than anyone else in the music world though. I think it was a good album but it didn't stick with me over the years. I never really think about it or listen to it anymore, but I know I'm in the minority with that around here.

It's my 2nd favorite album after untitled, but even I don't listen to it much anymore.  It's a really sad album and depressing in a lot of ways, so it's not the best to listen to constantly when life is going good for once lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Reading this made me happy. I'm still so in love with this record.

Yeah it's truly a masterpiece in my book. I'm more in awe now than ever before it seems. And I thought the article was  decent read. They easily could've covered any other album...

• Like 1