Leonardo DiCaprio has to be the most overrated actor all time

Jan Backing Track

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Hunger Games boss.  She has ONE dramatic "acting" face and that's it. 

Hmm sounds familiar, like someone I had in mind, right on the tip of my toungue..

Oh yeah, Leonardo Dicaprio,  Mr. "I'm so troubled please have sex with me ms. therapist I have so many problems, emotionally" face he gives in every movie.

2 hours ago, Nasa said:

People freak out about Chris Pratt and I don’t know why. Mostly for his looks? Never seen him act but I don’t think he’s super attractive.

And Ryan Gosling sucked balls in La La Land!!! I’m seething just thinking about it.

His character in Parks & Rec was great, absolutely hilarious.  He then got movie stardom and got pretty stale pretty quick.

I don't mind Gosling. Limited, but he has a fun charisma on screen.

@Kay agree on Christian Bale.  His portrayal of Batman is absolutely awful to me.  I'd rather even have Clooney batman over the Dark Knight crap he gets so much recognition for.

21 hours ago, Vera said:

Don't see Revenant.  Most overrated movie of the year by far, basically just watch Leo do this and this in the wild, really fucking boring and pretentious.

What exactly is pretentious about the movie?

Let me guess, you're one of those who think Transformers are great entertainment?

5 hours ago, M!ke said:

She's pretty overrated in my opinion, but I'd say she's got nothing on how bad Daisy Ridley is as an actor, if the timecode is correct (from about 0:55-2:15), this video illustrates just why I hate her "acting" so much (at least in what I've seen her in thus far, which is only Star Wars):

What is it with you and youtube vids that bash on SW? i swear you posted those same prequel review videos on a loop for like a decade

Rey is awesome, leave her alone

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

What is it with you and youtube vids that bash on SW? i swear you posted those same prequel review videos on a loop for like a decade

Rey is awesome, leave her alone

Overall i enjoy TFA, it's nothing amazing, but it's ok.  Anyway, to better understand both sides of any arguments for the quality of bigger films that i have some vested interest in, I love watching content like this (Star Wars is far from the only franchise I study like this) from everyday fans like you or me. This guy makes some good points, some bad points too, but I'm completely with him on Daisy here. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Yeah I have zero issues with Rey. 

I kinda agree with her being a bad actor. A do like her character and what she is to the star wars saga and i like her as a person. But while watching, she’s not that convincing. 

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I love La La Land but it's definitely flawed, however I'm pretty sure they chose non-amazing singers on purpose. 

Apparently one of the main reasons Chazelle cast them is because he thought that they felt like the closest we have to an old Hollywood couple, which suggested to me that it wasn’t about their novice status as musicians but about their looks and profiles. And they both had superstar status before the film.

I mean, if you’re trying to make an original contemporary jazz musical, then maybe you should cast people who can actually sing and dance. Gosling did do well given the circumstances. 

I like Chazelle’s film Whiplash a lot more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vera said:

His character in Parks & Rec was great, absolutely hilarious.  He then got movie stardom and got pretty stale pretty quick.

I don't mind Gosling. Limited, but he has a fun charisma on screen.

That’s what I’ve heard. People keep telling me to watch Parks and Rec. is it good?

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Overall i enjoy TFA, it's nothing amazing, but it's ok.  Anyway, to better understand both sides of any arguments for the quality of bigger films that i have some vested interest in, I love watching content like this (Star Wars is far from the only franchise I study like this) from everyday fans like you or me. This guy makes some good points, some bad points too, but I'm completely with him on Daisy here. 

I don’t think she’s necessarily a great actress, but she’s not bad enough to notice or care. And her naivety and inexperience helped sell the role imo

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nasa said:

That’s what I’ve heard. People keep telling me to watch Parks and Rec. is it good?

It's easily been my favorite show through my 20s. Even though I never really liked the Office.

The cast is just too entertaining, never dull, super rewatchable.

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I don’t think she’s necessarily a great actress, but she’s not bad enough to notice or care. And her naivety and inexperience helped sell the role imo

If she works for you, that's cool.  For me she does an already poorly written character no favors. 

2 hours ago, Vera said:

I hated Force Awakens with a passion..  Rey was fine. She definitely had me sold as a new generation's Luke Skywalker. The script and storyline was the problem, not her fault they wanted her yielding a lightsaber with zero experience.

Yeah but you’re assuming that she has no reason to have these skills, which is to be determined as there is still an episode to go which is likely to be full of “reveals.”

5 hours ago, Nasa said:

I like Chazelle’s film Whiplash a lot more.

I loved Whiplash. Such an intense film, wonderfully shot too.

I don't know which I prefer, I love La La Land because I've grown up loving a variety of musicals and it's homage concept just works for me. I adore some of the songs too and I love Emma Stone so that helps.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

If she works for you, that's cool.  For me she does an already poorly written character no favors. 

All of star wars has poorly written characters. She is no different. 

People give these new films such shit but if you actually watch any of the originals as an adult who wasn't reared on them, you realise none of them are particularly amazing. A lot of the arguments against the new films are fueled by nostalgia goggles. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kay said:

All of star wars has poorly written characters. She is no different. 

People give these new films such shit but if you actually watch any of the originals as an adult who wasn't reared on them, you realise none of them are particularly amazing. A lot of the arguments against the new films are fueled by nostalgia goggles. 

I didn't say that Rey is the sole poorly written character in Star Wars, I mean I wouldn't disagree with you for a second that there are other poorly written character in the franchise across all eras of it, its a very flawed franchise as it is, but it can be quite enjoyable all the same.  I'm just saying that my issues with Rey are compounded due to the fact that I find Daisy Ridley (at least in both the Star Wars films I've seen her in) to be a very poor actor as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I didn't say that Rey is the sole poorly written character in Star Wars, I mean I wouldn't disagree with you for a second that there are other poorly written character in the franchise across all eras of it, its a very flawed franchise as it is, but it can be quite enjoyable all the same.  I'm just saying that my issues with Rey are compounded due to the fact that I find Daisy Ridley (at least in both the Star Wars films I've seen her in) to be a very poor actor as well.

I don't really see her acting to be any worse than the other n00bies tbh, I find poh's to be especially poor. 

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don't really see her acting to be any worse than the other n00bies tbh, I find poh's to be especially poor. 

Poe is honestly in my opinion the strongest newcomer to the core cast, I liked him in The Force Awakens, I feel like they wasted him and gave him nothing really to do in The Last Jedi though which hurt his character a bit for me, but as an actor I find Oscaar Isaac to be quite good even when his character is way less exciting than it had been.  Kylo is pretty good, Adam got better in The Last Jedi both as an actor and his character got a bit more interesting and much less lame as well.  Finn is forgettable, but not bad.  And Rose is just terrible, Tran might be an ok actor, but Rose is just so poorly written that it's hard for me to tell.

The best female newcomer in this Disney era across all the films in my opinion has got to be Jyn Erso.

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I don't know which I prefer, I love La La Land because I've grown up loving a variety of musicals and it's homage concept just works for me. I adore some of the songs too and I love Emma Stone so that helps.

I love La La Land’s soundtrack. According to Spotify, another day of sun is actually my most played song of all time LOL

• Love 1