Japanese Punk Scene Superthread

decisions

Hey all,

In this thread I will periodically post some Japanese punk bands' songs. In my opinion this is the healthiest punk scene on the planet right now, with bands playing faster, cleaner, and writing better melodies than anywhere else! That isn't to say there aren't other goods scenes in other places such as Brazil (shoutout to Pense!, new record is sick) and France, but this is my favorite scene so I wanted to dedicate a thread to it. Maybe no one else will post here, but whether you like a song or not, if you took the time to talk about it with me I would appreciate the discussion!

This band is pretty new. I really like some of the guitar melodies here and the chorus is pretty catchy. I'll be keeping an eye on them!

SHADOWS is the continuation of FACT's sound, so they obviously are an important band in the scene. New song is great! Some really sick guitar runs and that perfect gang vocal usage gives me chills.

Secret 7 Line is a long running J-punk band that usually utilizes a super positive, upbeat sound. Major key melodies everywhere!

Well that's all I've got for now. Later! And I hope you enjoy the music!

I dunno if you'd really consider these guys punk, and not just rock or alternative or something like that, but one of the few anime that I just love is FLCL (so amped that after all these years it has 2 new series coming, one airing right now!), and it features heavily a band known as The Pillows, and I just love their music:

There's a ton more, but you can get a taste of what these guys are all about.  Don't understand much of anything they're saying, but damn do I love it.

• 3 weeks later...