Blink-182Online Official Music Club

Kay

no it genuinely makes more sense. Okay, let's do that! I will make a new thread explaining the new version of the competition and add the first record for us to review, with some review guides and such.

Before I do that though, I nominate @boxelder to pick an album for us to start with. He gets first nomination because of all of his awesome twitter work he's been doing for us. Let me know the record in a PM dude, when you have I'll delete / lock this one and make a new one for us to start fresh. 

• Like 1

I'm supposing that boxelder will do a little introduction to his choice, right? I mean, not a review /because the bias for the lsitener) but some kind of "I first heard this year, doing that or whatever". I gess it can be interesting, right?

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I just psted it on the Ty Segall thread, but just pointing it ouot here.

Can we have all the weekly posts on the first post of this thread as an index, and pin this one to the main page?

Pinning it anywhere is up to the admins so that's on them. @Olidamus @Ghent thoughts? We've had some good activity out of these, might boost involvement if it's pinned. 

apart from that, that's a good idea - I'll do that. 

As an extension of Music Club, I had an idea -

What if we had an official blink-182online "Playlist Party" where we make a Spotify playlist with track recommendations from the board? can be really open ended, just has to be in the rock genre or something you can imagine a blink fan liking. Each person could suggest like 3 songs each, I'll make a playlist, share it with everyone and then after a month we rejig the songs based on peoples recommendations. make it like a rolling updated selection of different songs, extends the idea of giving people other music to try but not as intensive as the music club. 

That's a good idea. But I guess I'm missing something: would it be a unique playlist which would be updated every month with new additions? If so, I guess it will end up having tons of songs. Nothing wrong with that. Or I am understanding like if it was a monthly playlist so we would en up having a playlist per month?

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

That's a good idea. But I guess I'm missing something: would it be a unique playlist which would be updated every month with new additions? If so, I guess it will end up having tons of songs. Nothing wrong with that. Or I am understanding like if it was a monthly playlist so we would en up having a playlist per month?

Either or, depends what people want to do or suggest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Is this still going? I was out during august, but I'm ready to catch you up!

due to lack of involvement and the effort required on my part to set them up each week and chase people I basically gave up on it, there didn't seem to be much interest. 

36 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think once a week was a bit too ambitious considering the relatively small number of people participating. Once a month or once every two weeks might work better. Admittedly, I have a bunch to catch up on, but I do still intend to listen to them all.

yeah I guess so, but I think sticking to like a one month schedule will just mean no one listens to them ever, because there's so much time between it'll just get shelved amongst everything else.