What Realistic Blink 182 Lineup Would You Prefer?

Champ182

What Realistic Blink 182 Lineup Would You Prefer?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What Realistic Blink 182 Lineup Would You Prefer?

• Mark+Travis+Matt = Current situation with Feldmann as their co-songwriter
    • Mark+Travis+Matt = Current lineup writing their own songs
    • Mark+Tom+Travis = Same situation as before with unknown touring/recording plans because Tom finds it "hard as hell to commit"
    • Mark+Tom+Travis = Tom is still nuts but is contractually obligated to tour and write/release albums on a regular basis
    • They should have broken up in 2015

25 minutes ago, thongrider said:

It kinda worries me that 23 people want to force Tom to do shit he doesn't want to. 

Haha in this fantasy scenario they all would have willingly agreed to the terms, I didn't mean he should be blackmailed into signing the contract or something. It's very normal for bands to have deals that say they have to release X amount of albums during the length of the contract. It wouldn't have been weird at all if they would've signed a deal for 5 years and owed the record company 2 albums during that time or something.

8 hours ago, Champ182 said:

It's a message board, what the fuck else are you supposed to do here

I meant to say “this.” Not these. It was long, I was stoned, and wasn’t going to make it through that novel of a post. I guess my girlfriend is right, I am an asshole. Nobody understands my dry humour ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meat is a Bad Ass said:

If usernames explain everything , do you send astronauts to space? Asking for a friend.

Definitely! I run a private space expedition program. PM me for details. 

• Like 1

Legit just wanna see Tom back in the band.  Don't give a fuck about anything else.  Matt sucks.  Can't play Blink songs for shit.
Seems to me like he's trying too hard.
I do like the comment about them just not writing new music, sticking to the songs we fell in love with, and just touring every so many years.

Plus, I've still never been fortunate enough to see Travis live.  I need this to happen.

16 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Legit just wanna see Tom back in the band.  Don't give a fuck about anything else.  Matt sucks.  Can't play Blink songs for shit.
Seems to me like he's trying too hard.
I do like the comment about them just not writing new music, sticking to the songs we fell in love with, and just touring every so many years.

Plus, I've still never been fortunate enough to see Travis live.  I need this to happen.

Wait so one of the biggest complaints of the new era is a stale hits-only set (which I agree with) but now we want a no new music, hits only, tour every few years scenario?  Nah I'm good.  #tombotlogic 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Wait so one of the biggest complaints of the new era is a stale hits-only set (which I agree with) but now we want a no new music, hits only, tour every few years scenario?  Nah I'm good.  #tombotlogic 

"we"? I don't think it's a very popular idea haha

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Haha fair enough, but at least 2 people mentioned it!  That's like a very backwards thinking, worst case scenario idea for me.  If Tom comes back they better record or it's totally pointless.

I brought up the idea just as a suggestion that I would prefer to them breaking up completely. I’d rather have touring-only blink than no blink at all! But it’s definitely not what I actually want to happen.

3 hours ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Of course I would PREFER new music.  But WITH Tom.  I just think Matt sucks. 
And I'm certainly not a "Tombot".  I just know Blink is better with him in it.
My point is, I would rather them not release shitty music.

I've hung out with Mark and Tom before (Mark is way cooler and down to earth), but even with "crazy Tom" Mark seemed to be having more fun.
Especially one stage.  That could be due to the fact that Matt butchers so many songs when he's performing.  Even he would know it's the same. That's why I suggested only do shows every so often.  Who knows, by then, they may decided to do an EP or something around that time too.

Current Tom butchered songs way worse than Matt ever has. 

He literally grunted and moaned through entire performances of First Date. Like actually grunted through the entire song on purpose in a faux metal grunt.

On the untitled anniversary tour he let the actual background tracks play through as he fucked off on stage, not even pretending to play.

No, Matt is not perfect, but let’s not get all revisionist history on what was going on before Tom quit/got kicked out before California.

Matt is not Tom. At his peak effort nobody here would ever say Matt is better...But he tries way harder than Tom did. Matt’s performances aren’t near as bad as the tombots like to pretend.   

• Like 1