Why did Scott get a harder time over alcoholism than the other members?

Meltdown Tracker

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Theorangemisfit said:

What is up with the comment about praising travis's good looks in the op? Dude has always looked like an edgy skeleton? Wtf

Back in his early days he wasn't nearly as skeleton-y haha. I doubt his looks had anything to do with him getting the job but I'm sure they weren't mad about having the new drummer look more like a skate/punk dude than Scott who wasn't bad looking but was a pretty normcore kinda guy

hqdefault.jpg

5b43999b69f106734ec18abb

5 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Cue ATST video beach scene...

All I ever used to think in that scene is that Travis's nose is huge. You see it bend in contact when he kisses that girl.

11 hours ago, Kay said:

All I ever used to think in that scene is that Travis's nose is huge. You see it bend in contact when he kisses that girl.

I'll have to look out for it next time I watch the video. I remember once seeing a behind-the-scenes and Travis was so nervous to make out with her. It cut to the girl and she's like, "Yeah most guys are nervous to talk to me."

I'm straight so my opinion probably wouldn't count. I just know when a dude is decent looking or not. I always found it strange that girls seemed to like Travis. I always would've assumed that it'd be Mark to get that kind of attention from girls.

Tom definitely got the most attention, and rightfully so, he was the best looking. He had a weird phase during the Enema days where it seemed as though he was gay with the painted nails, etc.

But once he entered the forward flobee hairstyle days of 2001 and especially more mature look in 2003/2004 of that style, he was way better looking than both Travis or Mark

Travis just looked weird, and Mark looked like an old man in kids clothes with his double chin and his rapidly aging face.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Tom definitely got the most attention, and rightfully so, he was the best looking. He had a weird phase during the Enema days where it seemed as though he was ethan with the painted nails, etc.

But once he entered the forward flobee hairstyle days of 2001 and especially more mature look in 2003/2004 of that style, he was way better looking than both Travis or Mark

Travis just looked weird, and Mark looked like an old man in kids clothes with his double chin and his rapidly aging face.

Painting your nails was ethan? I think you're misremembering the late 90s dude. It was the fake goth alternative before-the-emo-trend thing to do. ethan guys don't paint their nails black, that's not fabulous enough!

• 1 year later...
On 6/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I think the main reason is probably because he wasn't as good looking and talented as Travis, Mark and Tom were closer, and that Tom was more irreplaceable. Mark didn't have a big issue with alcoholism from what I can recall, at least not on stage. Travis owned up to his issues and has had such a crazy streak of bad luck, can't really fault the guy for substance abuse. 

Your guys thoughts? 

Even tho Travis went hard in the paint as they say, it never affected his performance or just being able to show up to a show. He was there and killed it everytime, regardless if he was using any substances behind the scenes. 

On 8/4/2018 at 10:12 PM, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

There's no way Tom looked the best during that era. In fact, I'd say he's been the least attractive member since the TOYPAJ era, and he looked particularly unattractive during the emo era.

In my experience non-fans have always found Tom rather gross.