Star Wars Kathleen Kennedy News

Alan Rickman

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Wait Lucas changed it? I assumed it was the new Disney canon that did.

This is what I found on good ol' Wookieepedia:

"Jango Fett was a Mandalorian in the lore of Star Wars Legends. In the "Creating Mandalore" featurette on The Clone Wars: Season Two DVD set, however, series director Dave Filoni explained that, according to George Lucas, the Fetts were not Mandalorians. After the creation of the new official Star Wars canon, Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group reiterated that the Fetts are not Mandalorians, though they might claim to be."

It does seem like a really odd retcon.

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Maybe Disney has plans to do something with that. Are they still planning a fett movie?

Not sure. There have been rumors floating around for years, and earlier this year it seemed like a fairly credible source confirmed it, but it has never been officially announced.

It's actually kind of weird that they haven't announced any specific movies after Episode 9. We know they're making a bunch more, but they haven't said what any of them are yet.

Im sorry but the Clone Wars tv show has some of the best star wars content period. This comes from someone who watches this shit religiously. The Clone Wars got dark as fuck and had entire episodes based around things you wouldnt even think of and it was genius. The episode with the clones who were essentially mentally or physiclly disabled due to the cloning process and how they had to defend their base almost had me in tears by the end.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, dildo69er said:

Im sorry but the Clone Wars tv show has some of the best star wars content period. This comes from someone who watches this shit religiously. The Clone Wars got dark as fuck and had entire episodes based around things you wouldnt even think of and it was genius. The episode with the clones who were essentially mentally or physiclly disabled due to the cloning process and how they had to defend their base almost had me in tears by the end.

Agreed. I think the show started off kinda bad (especially the movie) but it became amazing. I was watching some of the Darth Maul / nightsister episodes last week and I forgot how damn dark the show got. Darker than the movies even. Clone Wars had so many great parts, I have to agree that it's some of the best Star Wars content there is.

A lot of my favorite episodes were about the clones, like the ones you mentioned, and the Order 66 arc towards the end. I can't wait for season 7. I still can't believe it's happening.

Did you ever watch Rebels? That also has some of my favorite SW content ever. Like Clone Wars, I don't think it started great, but it got really good after season 1 (and eventually tied into Clone Wars a lot)

• Like 1

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I seriously cringe at the idea of adults watching these cartoons meant for 8 year olds lol. Every time I try to give them a chance I feel like a creepy loser.

With that said, I watched the first episode of Resistance last night...Tried to get my kids to watch with me, they bailed. But the animation and quality seem much higher than Rebels or Clone Wars.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...