When Your Heart Stops Beating is better than California ever was

Mau5

Mark's WYHSB is "better" than Mark's new blink-182  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree?

• Agree
    • Disagree

10 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Do you mean like they rap to punk songs or they just kinda have the punk swag?  I've been enjoying Earl Sweatshirt's I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside but man is it a depressing album.

Just the punk swag man. Rap with attitude. I find too much rap has all that gospel stuff. Not gospel but I know what it is I'm hearing that I don't tend to like.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

I prefer the album with Stained Glass Ceilings on it haha. I do like that album, but i don't love it. Lyrically, they're great. But No Closer to Heaven is their first one that made me think of them in a different light. It's pop punk but it made me think that they're a little bit more.

One song i do love from Greatest Generation though is Passing Through a Screen Door, my god i've never related to a song so much when it comes to lyrics.

That's hilarious! I had the same feeling about Greatest Generation that you do about the next one.  Passing Through is amazing, one of my other favorites from that is Teenage Parents. I really connected to that one too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

obvi. next to motion city soundtrack's commit this to memory, it's the best thing mr. hoppus has ever been involved with.

CTTM is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:35 AM, Kay said:

Honey, you won't. Be prepared for that.

I devoured music as a teenager, and now I desperately struggle to like anything at all. I turn 30 in 9 months. 

I turned 30 two months ago, and I haven't been able to get into "new" music for years.  I think it has to do with the fact that I despise so much shit that gets released these days. And I'm honestly happier listening to music that I know, and already enjoy.  The only "newer" music I enjoy comes from bands like Parkway Drive and other heavier bands.
It seems that there just isn't as much effort put into some work by a lot of bands nowadays.   It is what it is.

I'll just listen to what still makes me happy.   I like that.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, daveyjones said:

obvi. next to motion city soundtrack's commit this to memory, it's the best thing mr. hoppus has ever been involved with.

I can still throw this album on to this day, and love pretty much every song!
What ever happened to them?  I used to love MCS!  Awesome band live too!!

I've been listening to so much older music lately.  Like Johnny Cash, Beatles and Bette Midler (I know, right?!)
To me, their songs are timeless.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

they broke up in 2016. i've seen them live prolly eleven, twelve times. they were terrific.

Saw them live twice, both times they were great, one of the best I've seen live performance wise. 

• Like 1