**New Song Mix ** Can’t Get You Anymore Pregnant

madgaz182

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

Happy Holidays just isn’t funny. Never was. And it has a Christmas song title (to Americans) which is weird on a summer album.

I’d have been fine with most blink joke songs in that spot, but that one just annoys me

It also mentions Labor Day and eating 7 fuckin hot dogs! Anyway, I think with those songs you brought up the joke basically was how fucked up and insane they were while also being super catchy. Maybe not comedy gold after all these years, but I think they successfully hit what they were going for. Same with Built This Pool.

With CGYMP like you said a few pages ago I don't really understand the joke haha I THINK he's trying to have sex with his pregnant wife but she doesn't want him to get her double-pregnant so he volunteers to jerk off instead? In terms of comedy alone that's just a very unclear premise/punchline haha. Oh well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

If we are talking about ruining an actual legacy, I'd put the blame on Mark more than Tom at this point in the timeline

Whoa, now I don't know about that one...but good topic.  Mark took a giant dump on Blinks legacy with Cali/Feldmann era for obvious reasons.  I actually slightly like blink less all time now knowing Mark and Travis are completely content with this and being so fake about it, jaded, etc.  Just really rubs you the wrong way.

But Tom literally ended the band in 2003... during their prime... Totally didn't appreciate what they had and got massive delusions of grandeur, fucking up everything forward. 

You can't have blink without Mark or Tom, pretty simple.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

It also mentions Labor Day and eating 7 fuckin hot dogs! Anyway, I think with those songs you brought up the joke basically was how fucked up and insane they were while also being super catchy. Maybe not comedy gold after all these years, but I think they successfully hit what they were going for. Same with Built This Pool.

With CGYMP like you said a few pages ago I don't really understand the joke haha I THINK he's trying to have sex with his pregnant wife but she doesn't want him to get her double-pregnant so he volunteers to jerk off instead? In terms of comedy alone that's just a very unclear premise/punchline haha. Oh well.

I feel like some day the joke might dawn on me and it will be clever and funny. but as of now, i still don't get it lol

• Like 1

No, I think there is a deeper meaning behind these lyrics. They're playing it off as some throwback ha-ha joke song, but there's more to it than that.

Mark has turned blink-182 into something terrible. Something borderline evil, even. He knows it. He knows that he's fucked his fans hard. Over and over again. Fucked us completely raw. He's sowed his seed of bullshit inside of all of us, but just to make sure, he keeps fucking us. Unprotected. Unwanted. We, the fans, have this terrible thing growing inside of us that was forced upon us by blink-182. Resentfulness, hyper-criticism, cynicism, paranoia, doubt, it's all planted and growing inside of us, because of the shitty music that's being forced upon us. He knows he can't make it worse, but he'll keep trying anyway. That's what he means by "I can't get you more pregnant."

"I can take care of myself" is obviously about how he doesn't need Tom anymore. He can carry blink on his own shoulders without DeLonge's help. blink might fucking suck now, but who cares, it still exists, and it's still popular enough for him to get by. Fuck Tom, he doesn't need him. He can do this on his own. He can fuck his fans without Tom's help. Without Modlife.

This song is diabolical if you really think about it. It's absolutely sickening to be honest.

Or it was just a phrase that Mark or Feldmann thought was funny, put to some upbeat pop-punk music. But...

nah...

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

the argument that "its just a joke" isn't really valid. Sure it isn't meant to be all that serious, but everything Blink does is calculated. Mark's asshole is so tight he'd never just say "screw it" and do something that is bad.

So while it is infact a one off joke song and should not be read into too much. Blink still seems to think this works as "ah ha ha ha funny" when in fact, its complete garbage, and highlights all the Feldmann inspired problems they got going on.

• Like 1

lol a calculated remix of a joke song, the extents that some people still go to after California to act like every single thing they do is some sort of attack on the fans is boggling, like seriously, why are these "fans" still here and complaining about the new content, when this band clearly no longer appeals to them?  I don't get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

lol a calculated remix of a joke song, the extents that some people still go to after California to act like every single thing they do is some sort of attack on the fans is boggling, like seriously, why are these "fans" still here and complaining about the new content, when this band clearly no longer appeals to them?  I don't get it.

Because we are still fans and have a right to an opinion on it.

Or should every fan be a dribbling idiot who laps up everything blink does like some sort of big pop punk bukkake?

I've been a fan since 2000, well over half my life so I am going to continue to have an opinion on the music they release, whether it be good or bad.