**New Song Mix ** Can’t Get You Anymore Pregnant

madgaz182

I don't really get the joke. I think it's a bad joke song. But the two on the first disc are great and more than make up for it.

When You Fucked Grandpa and Happy Holidays are terrible joke songs, and one of them is actually on an LP. Imagine if the miserable online cunt era was in effect back then. What would the weirdo millennials do with those songs? I shudder to think

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I don't really get the joke. I think it's a bad joke song. But the two on the first disc are great and more than make up for it.

When You Fucked Grandpa and Happy Holidays are terrible joke songs, and one of them is actually on an LP. Imagine if the miserable online cunt era was in effect back then. What would the weirdo millennials do with those songs? I shudder to think

I love both of those, when Mark just starts ranting towards the end of WYFG it cracks me up every time and happy holidays is catchy as hell. It's also like an actual full song, not a one liner with instruments.

I love built this pool though, to be fair. Probably the best thing from all of the California era.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

That was when they made great music though.

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I love WTFG, I'm kinda bummed they made it a joke song. The melody is great. HHYB is pretty cool too. 

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So you really don't like the direction they have headed with new producer and co-writer John Feldmann of Goldfinger?

It's not all Feldy's fault. Mark has difficulty writing lyrics now and Matt still can't play certain riffs and needs a teleprompter for song lyrics. Over the hill is an understatement.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why does Feldy's production sound so much like a teenager in highschool on his garageband?  This sounds exactly like that.  Even though it's a meaningless, who cares sort of thing, it is a bit ridiculous he went hard Goldfinger Ska style.  Is this blink or is it All time low or Goldfinger or blink rip off x?

The Feldy jealous of blink sabotage theory seems more and more likely as time passes.

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

When You Fucked Grandpa and Happy Holidays are both classics.  Fan Fiction to pretend they aren't tbh.

Happy Holidays just isn’t funny. Never was. And it has a Christmas song title (to Americans) which is weird on a summer album.

I’d have been fine with most blink joke songs in that spot, but that one just annoys me

8 hours ago, Champ182 said:

As usual, nobody is melting down. I don't think anyone's really taking it too seriously, they are just sighing and shaking their heads because it's the latest in what has become a looooong line of strange Blink 1Feldy2 moves.

What's another example? I can't think of any

Time from Buddha had ska influences 

I actually liked this. But my reaction is the same as my reaction to all of the California-era joke songs: why can't they make FULL-LENGTH songs that sound like this? I feel the instrumentation on the short joke songs is always more interesting than the instrumentation on the regular blink tracks.

I don't want blink so suddenly become a ska band, but I heard this and I thought "oooh, they're doing something different! This is cool!"

Plus, I liked Goldfinger's new album more than blink's.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

They had their time, they were younger and their fan base was generally younger back then. 

Those songs would be nearly as bad if they came out now though, not quite as bad though because Can't Get You Anymore Pregnant fucking blows donkey dick. 

That's the main issue for to be honest, it's the constant forced throwbacks - write something fresh that feels like actual genuine music that blink should be writing at this stage of their lives. They clearly still have some of it in them, San Diego and Los Angeles show they can still write interesting music that sounds like where the band should be right now. Just need to fuck off the whole Kings of the Weekend/Parking Lot shite and take their time writing interesting songs with good structures and better lyrics. 

• Like 4

You know what I think is funny? I think that @Ghent literally has subconsciously forced himself into a weird corner, where he has to like all of the shit blink and Mark is putting out now - because he got exactly what he wanted - and it sucks. 

I remember literally everyday, how Ghent would chirp the fuck out of AVA releases, and how Mark and blink were so much better, and that everything Tom was putting out was garbage and he was ruining the blink legacy. 

Then slowly, blink comes back. AVA influence is there, Ghent is there to just bash it. "TOO MANY OH OH OHs, SYNTHS, LAME ASS TOM DELONGE VOCALS, SPACEY SHIT, LAME SPACE LYRICS, ALL THESE TOMBOTS ARE EVERYWHERE NOWADAYS!!111"

So what happens? blink ditches Tom. And then all of a sudden, starts incorporating shittier versions of what Tom was putting into the band. Shitty synths. Shitty, terrible "woah oh ohs, nanananas", power chord rhythm sections to the absolute extremes, autotune, and pop-punk recycled-riffs talking about teen-angst and rebellion in Target parking lots.  Literally the opposite of what Tom contributed to the band - and guess what? The MAJORITY of blink, and music fans - have trashed it as being one-off, cheesy recycled music. Yet, Ghent now flips the otherway and will praise the golden stool that is most of what blink is putting out nowadays. Literally, NO critical opinion on new blink, which is weird in itself. You can like something, and still give critical opinions on something. Hell, didn't you go to school and get a liberal arts degree? Out of anything to take away from a BA, objectivity would seemingly be the most useful skill to pick up, I'd imagine.

Anyways what do I, or anyone else on this board know about quality music. We're all just Feldyhaters and Tombots, right? 

And no, I'm not saying if Tom was in the band this would suddenly all become better. But by god, blink has really taken a damn nosedive into becoming a band that is easily forgotten. If we are talking about ruining an actual legacy, I'd put the blame on Mark more than Tom at this point in the timeline. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1