REM vs Dave Matthews Band

Kay

REM vs Dave Matthews Band  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Try Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and then you won't have to listen to Dave Matthews Band anymore 

You guys are just focused on the hits. If he didn't have the mainstream hits, where Crash Into Me is just like blink's ATST, not the best representation.

But I'll actually take your suggestion, I've definitely been needing some new music

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Neckbeard_Jan I just saw this on twitter: This year's Rock Hall snubs include Soundgarden, Kraftwerk, Motörhead, and Dave Matthews Band. Dave Matthews Band won the fan vote, but didn't get enough overall votes to make it in. It's the first time the winner of the fan vote isn't getting inducted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I never heard of the dave matthews band prior to this board.

They jus dont do nothing for me. The guy clearly hired amazing musicians for the band, but the songs are all absolutely awful ans i hope i never come across them again

That's part of the magic, Dave is not the best musician out there but wanted to play music and found some of the most talented musicians to surround himself with at his very own bar.

It's like a movie.

2 hours ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

That's part of the magic, Dave is not the best musician out there but wanted to play music and found some of the most talented musicians to surround himself with at his very own bar.

It's like a movie.

Maybe. But the music that came out of it is still utter trash, sorry. No wonder it never got across the pond

34 minutes ago, Neal said:

Maybe. But the music that came out of it is still utter trash, sorry. No wonder it never got across the pond

That's because it's a true American story, obviously you guys wouldn't get it.

It is funny though how irrelevant they are outside the US and how big they are here though.  Probably is our Oasis no?

2 hours ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

It's like a movie.

He's a pretty excellent guitarist actually... 

That being said I like exactly 1 REM song and Zero Dave Matthews songs so I gotta give it up to REM. 

1 hour ago, Neckbeard_Jan said:

That's because it's a true American story, obviously you guys wouldn't get it.

It is funny though how irrelevant they are outside the US and how big they are here though.  Probably is our Oasis no?

No they just suck

Oasis has some incredible songs . dmb is so terrible, its hilarious to me that so many people in the us like them. Those songs make me want to vomit