Story Time: I saw Blink at Saturday Night Live

veeRob

13 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

#oliverisalwayswrong

nah, i think Donald Trump's Bulge is just human like the rest of us. sometimes wrong / sometimes right / sometimes totally unsure.

it's my impression that The Bulge gets called out for overstating his case, for endless histrionics, and for volcanic-grade hyperbole. but i mean, hey, it's the internets! be as cray as you want.

also, i've observed lots of splitting (fairbairn). though i'm hardly a professional.

• Like 3

Notice how Davey and Rob, who know Blink, are also sticking with the bro code. They knew Blink, they know stuff. Rob knows about Mark Australian fling, is he gonna give up the details? Nope. And thats not even a cheating situation.

I've told bits of my story. Never the whole story. But now I regret even saying pieces of it to be honest. All it will be met with is a bunch of people saying I am wrong. No matter how obvious it was.

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Notice how Davey and Rob, who know Blink

i've long suspected that mark was trying to get in my GF's pants in 1996. but she's never said anything all these years (we're still in touch) so who knows? at least in 96, 97, 98 mark was the ladies man. and he let everyone know it on the mIRC channel.

tom was super, super, totally, totally devoted to jenn in the years i knew him. i have no idea these days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Notice how Davey and Rob, who know Blink, are also sticking with the bro code. They knew Blink, they know stuff. Rob knows about Mark Australian fling, is he gonna give up the details? Nope. And thats not even a cheating situation.

I've told bits of my story. Never the whole story. But now I regret even saying pieces of it to be honest. All it will be met with is a bunch of people saying I am wrong. No matter how obvious it was.

People won’t say that you’re wrong, but that you’re making a large inference/drawing a conclusion without actually seeing any of it. Which is the truth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

1. Mark was single when that email was sent. He hadn't even met his current wife, yet. I don't even know who he was referring to, dunno if I ever heard the story, don't really care.

2. I never saw Tom do anything more than talk to another girl.

3. I'm pretty sure "bro code" means not saying anything. So posting that he did something but you don't want to share the details is still in violation of "bro code" in my book.

4. But like I said, I really don't care what other humans do in and out of their personal relationships when it does not involve me, so I'll be exiting this part of the conversation here.

4 hours ago, knapton said:

Its funny that Tom wanted you to fix his computer so bad. I just imagine him not being able to look up aliens and being all mad

I'm not sure how much Internet there was in 2000 to look up aliens. Google was barely a search engine! But then again there may have been alien shit on Lycos or Altavista.

If you get either of those references, you old.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, veeRob said:

1. Mark was single when that email was sent. He hadn't even met his current wife, yet. I don't even know who he was referring to, dunno if I ever heard the story, don't really care.

3. I'm pretty sure "bro code" means not saying anything. So posting that he did something but you don't want to share the details is still in violation of "bro code" in my book.

4. But like I said, I really don't care what other humans do in and out of their personal relationships when it does not involve me, so I'll be exiting this part of the conversation here.

I'm not sure how much Internet there was in 2000 to look up aliens. Google was barely a search engine! But then again there may have been alien shit on Lycos or Altavista.

I'm not even 30 yet and I got that reference, but I feel super old now so thanks! :P 

53 minutes ago, veeRob said:

This. 

6 hours ago, knapton said:

Damn this is cool. Of course it gets side tracked by the usual bull shit in this place. 

Its funny that Tom wanted you to fix his computer so bad. I just imagine him not being able to look up aliens and being all mad

It is funny though, lol. Doesn’t matter what the topic is we always find a way to derail.

3 hours ago, veeRob said:

I said it wasn't a cheating situation. So why are you claiming I didn't? That's weird.

You posted email proof that Mark talked to you about his flings. Suddenly "you don't care". I smell bullshit a mile away.

Of course you are exiting. #brocode.

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Doing a great duty as owner of the forum here Oliver.

A new potentially active member with potential cool stories turns up out of the blue (I don't really care about blink history anymore but others def will) - so what do you do? jump straight down their throat and call them a liar at the first opportunity - sure that'll make him want to stick around!

Chill the fuck out and stop being so cynical and miserable all the time. 

Yeah. Not good for the rep. 

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Doing a great duty as owner of the forum here Oliver.

A new potentially active member with potential cool stories turns up out of the blue (I don't really care about blink history anymore but others def will) - so what do you do? jump straight down their throat and call them a liar at the first opportunity - sure that'll make him want to stick around!

Chill the fuck out and stop being so cynical and miserable all the time. 

Seriously good god Oliver