New Feldmann Topic

Ghent

I know I mentioned Feldman having an orgy with blink and his employees, but I said it as a joke. I don't actually believe that. Feldman to me just seems like a bro's guy. You don't have to be a ethansexual to be in a hot tub with another dude. Yeah, it could be borderline weird if a dude way older is in a hot tub with the other, but Feldman is friends with these guys. He's in the pop punk scene. In fact I'd find it totally weird if Tom DeLonge was the one in the hot tub with these guys, but not Feldman.

He's just a guy's dude IMO. There's a reason he gets along with all these bands. Some might be for the money when they hire him as a producer, but his friendship with them is 100% genuine. We also don't know him in person either. I play Sunday league football and the oldest player in my team is 50. Majority of us are in our 20's. But the 50 year old player is the only guy who actually gets naked and in the shower. The rest of us all go home to have a shower rather than use the ones in the changing room. But he's part of the gang and is our friend. It's actually a great laugh to have him with us on our nights out together too.

There's nothing to it whatsoever. We don't speak of it. Just like men standing besides each other when having a pee. We don't think of it. And I imagine these 20-30 year old pop punk guys don't think of it when getting in a hot tub with Feldman either. Some older men just fit in well with younger men when it comes to friendship circles and Feldman is the perfect example of it IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I  personally think all that stuff that you just mentioned actually fits the pattern of someone who has a little bit of something going on the side 

I mean when you look at the Hollywood types who are ethan you know look at Anthony Perkins who had the beard and the kids but was ethansexual

Again it’s not a bad thing I’m just making an observation it would actually be weirder if he was hanging out with a 20-year-old and nothing was going on

The fact that your mind went straight to "he's having sex with 20 year old guys in his hot tub" rather than realize it's probably completely normal for a lifelong ska-punk dude living in California to have a pool/hot tub and invite friends over to chill after recording sessions or whatever, is hilarious and so strange.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

dude is the man. everything Tom should have become. nice, humble, hilarious, grateful

John “I wrote this” Feldman is anything but humble.

And Oliver is completely in denial of his own homosexuality. All the signs are there.

• Like 2

LOL, I don't get why you guys find this such an outlandish thing.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am telling you its pretty obvious. I've thought this for awhile but just never figured it was that big a deal.

Its also possible that he goes both ways.

It just from what I've seen. Please take note, I asked for photos of another 50 year old  who consistently hangs out with 20 something clients and no shocker no one could find anything. In general 50 year olds and 20 year olds are not on the same wavelength.  Its nowhere close to the same maturity level, life experience. So either Feldman is a mid life crisis wackjob or he likes the lollipop. Either way, whatever.

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

I  personally think all that stuff that you just mentioned actually fits the pattern of someone who has a little bit of something going on the side 

I mean when you look at the Hollywood types who are ethan you know look at Anthony Perkins who had the beard and the kids but was ethansexual

Again it’s not a bad thing I’m just making an observation it would actually be weirder if he was hanging out with a 20-year-old and nothing was going on

When I was 15, I started as an apprentice with a sound engineer that was 48 years old at the time. Over the time he was mentoring me we became friends, and today I see him as one of my close friends, he's 60 today and we often hang out going to pubs, went to festivals and shit, and have done since I turned 18, nothing wrong with that at all imo..

He's just 'that Dad' that joins the party after a couple beers..get over it dude, he's their band producer & co-writer who got them famous and set for life..

That and it's just a photo.  There's gotta be at least 1,000+ photos of dudes in a hottub on the daily around the internet, safe to assume their all getting ass rammed by the older guy right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Since88 said:

When I was 15, I started as an apprentice with a sound engineer that was 48 years old at the time. Over the time he was mentoring me we became friends, and today I see him as one of my close friends, he's 60 today and we often hang out going to pubs, went to festivals and shit, and have done since I turned 18, nothing wrong with that at all imo..

Ehmmm, depends.

If the relationship is as a mentor type thing, or essentially a father figure, and thats how it is. Nope, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think that kind of stuff is great.

If at age 60, he is trying to fit in with a group of 20 somethings as if you guys are on the same level, its a bit weird. You even said something in your post that stuck out, you didn't hang out till you were 18. So there is clearly a thing where you guys are not on the same level. If he was 19 years old and you were say 16, that wouldn't have been a thing, but because he was pushing 50, it was. So its simply not the same thing as hanging out with someone your own age.

I hang out with my Dad all the time, we  are very close. But he's still my Dad. We aren't friends.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

John “I wrote this” Feldman is anything but humble.

And Oliver is completely in denial of his own homosexuality. All the signs are there.

What's wrong with being proud of songs you wrote? 

• Like 1