Sign in to follow this  
Ghent

New Feldmann Topic

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I like it for this time of year, obviously not going to be blaring Rudolph all spring, but for a quick fun holiday project I dig it.

At this point, Feldmann could fuck your mother and you would find a way to say you enjoyed it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Would you like to submit a fan fiction piece? We're taking new entries today!

Haha I'm just teasin. Just thought it was funny because I don't know who else would be writing it in first person and thanking the rest of the bandmembers for their contributions. It would be like a statement from Blink 182 saying "The new Blink album is out today! We had such a great time making this and we would love to thank Travis for beating on those drums, Matt for the beautiful voice, and of course Mark for bringing the energy and old school Blink flavor to everything he does!"

giphy.gif

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

At this point, Feldmann could fuck your mother and you would find a way to say you enjoyed it.

He hates Feldmann. Don't give him that kind of credit. He is a heathen.

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha I'm just teasin. Just thought it was funny because I don't know who else would be writing it in first person and thanking the rest of the bandmembers for their contributions. It would be like a statement from Blink 182 saying "The new Blink album is out today! We had such a great time making this and we would love to thank Travis for beating on those drums, Matt for the beautiful voice, and of course Mark for bringing the energy and old school Blink flavor to everything he does!"

I mean it's a little awkward, but it's not like he doesn't have people working for him. He had someone hired as a studio photographer during California.

• Like 1

This looks like it could be Feldy's long lost twin brother, who was adopted by a French family and smokes really long cigarettes:

SHMRBK3.png

If Feldman is a pop punk legend, then Good Charlotte & Simple Plan are pop punk legends since they're more relevant than Goldfinger. He's basically the Michael Bay of pop punk music.

• Like 1

I would say Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are pop punk royalty. I might not go as far as legends...but there aren't that many to choose from so they would be in the discussion.

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I would say Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are pop punk royalty. I might not go as far as legends...but there aren't that many to choose from so they would be in the discussion.

They've definitely got a good following hence why they're able to keep going with new albums every couple of years. Definitely important players in the pop punk scene with a cult following. But not close to the level of blink, Green Day & Offspring. Those 3 are the ones I'd consider the leaders, although Offspring have gone way way downhill. Can't take away from their work in the 90's though. I would've put FOB on that level if they didn't go way more pop. Their most successful albums aren't even pop punk IMO. I think their last pop punk album by them was the one with that Sugar We're Going Down song.