The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

What does everyone, who has seen them live either on this tour or on the Honda Civic tour last year, of their stage show? When I saw them in Manchester there were some points in their set where I thought some of the clips they use on the screens during each song didn't fit or go a long with the song. What are other people's opinions on this?

This entire section is going to be nothing but

"What song will they play tonight.........oh wow they played 'insert song name here'..........someone better upload a video of it..........oh wow that is amazing"..................

for the rest of this tour. But I guess it is something to talk about.

Dude.

Wow.

it could be so much better though....

fucking powerchords for acoustic....?

why dont play real chords, and some alternative bass parts or something.

(all of this  acoustic intro...that doesn't work at all) ...the whole song doesn't work because they only play some octave notes and shit)  really crappy  but happy to hear they play lder songs again

(all of this  acoustic intro...that doesn't work at all) ...the whole song doesn't work because they only play some octave notes and shit)  really crappy  but happy to hear they play lder songs again

Dude, they're rehearsing the day of, they don't have time to re-arrange all of their old songs.  Honestly I've been really pleased with how these have turned out so far.  Wasting Time acoustic really blew my mind.

As mentioned before, they probably haven't played these songs for a real fucking long time - gotta play with what you know.

Have you ever listened to All of This? Pretty much the whole song is recorded with an acoustic guitar

Have you ever listened to All of This? Pretty much the whole song is recorded with an acoustic guitar

I get what he means, he wants it to be something like Odi Acoustic. Hard to get full sounds on a live show acoustic performance with just octave notes is what I think he's getting at.

they totally should release the acoustic songs as an album or bonus material for something. it's a really good and surprising way to give the shows an anniversary feeling (especially after we thought they'll just play the greatest hits setlist). if they just do it on the uk arenas, by the end of the tour we probably have at least 13-14 rarities.

anyway, what doug said: all 3 members have a "solo" choice. travis does his drum solo, mark and tom play songs acoustically (and tell funny background stories about them). mark chooses a rare song each night. tom goes with reckless abandon, but it's not set in stone. it's enough to rehearse one extra song per show though. it makes sense to me.

I get what he means, he wants it to be something like Odi Acoustic. Hard to get full sounds on a live show acoustic performance with just octave notes is what I think he's getting at.

finally, someone that understands!

and u know what....most of u guys are fucking dicks here, wtf is wrong with you all

Dude, they're rehearsing the day of, they don't have time to re-arrange all of their old songs.  Honestly I've been really pleased with how these have turned out so far.  Wasting Time acoustic really blew my mind.

it would take 5 minutes for me to take my capo and search for the key and chords to play, they are playing since they were teens, wouldn't be that hard ?

it would take 5 minutes for me to take my capo and search for the key and chords to play, they are playing since they were teens, wouldn't be that hard ?

who cares? these are simple songs. if they'd do an acapella performance, it would almost be the same. they grab acoustic guitars, and play the main theme. they're showmen. we're always complaining about how shitty they behave on stage, but now they're energetic and happy and make us surprises so we can't say they suck. then someone starts to criticize the music. don't start it. just don't.

finally, someone that understands!

and u know what....most of u guys are fucking dicks here, wtf is wrong with you all

Holland - Denmark : 0 - 1

Holland - Germany:  1 - 2

Holland - Portugal:  1 - 2

just feels good to say this

You want them to rearrange each song for acoustic? That is asking a bit much. Blink 182 is power chords.