The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Yeah, I'm leaning towards then canceling everything at this point. Seems like there's tension again.

For once i honestly feel like it's Mark that is bringing the band down but not living in the same damn country, i truly believe it's hurting this band. I've always been a bigger Mark fan then a Tom fan but that has started changing for me over the last couple years. Mark just seems like a complete and utter douche now days. At this point it is getting a bit concerning considering NONE of them have even mentioned starting to work on the next record.

I don't even blame Tom anymore TBH....I truly feel Mark living in a different country is what kills the good vibe. I mean he's showing no signs of coming over here and living in hotels like he claimed in interviews he did when they announced Reading/Leeds. I actually think Tom's done a good job at balancing both bands.

yeah, not quite sure how tom posting an image of himself touring AVA and teasing a possible tour means doom and destruction for the band. AVA has hardly toured since the band reunited. depending on whether the album or tour comes first, there's really nothing to be concerned about. i think people are looking for a reason to convince themselves blink's through.

I don't know, it's just pure speculation. I just don't see any motivation from any of them at the moment. And let's face it Mark being in London does NOT help them in anyway shape or form. Also that feature he just did in Kerrang was completely stupid most of those questions he could of just answered via a twitter Q&A.

yeah, not quite sure how tom posting an image of himself touring AVA and teasing a possible tour means doom and destruction for the band. AVA has hardly toured since the band reunited. depending on whether the album or tour comes first, there's really nothing to be concerned about. i think people are looking for a reason to convince themselves blink's through.

It just gets fans worried because no one is showing signs of working on Blink anytime soon. Also the fact that he said a "Love tour" means they won't be touring a new album...Now unless they're planning a tour after Blinks UK tour whatever...But i'm still not expecting any music this year from them...Mark can try and convince us a million times there will be but i personally think he's just kidding himself.

Also none of us are convinced their through, the only one who is is Oliver and he's had that thought since the reunion. I just don't think were getting any new music from them this year.....

Not really related to the discussion of Blink's future, but...

I spent a few hours driving the other day and listened to Dude Ranch from start to finish. Man, that album is the epitome of Blink. Immature lyrics that bear a serious undertone, catchy riffs and hard fast songs, strong friendship between band members, and creativity based on being a humble new band that doesn't really care what people think or how they're perceived. Makes me sad how far they've strayed from that, but it's understandable why they can't produce music like that anymore.

• Like 3

^ dude ranch will always be my all-time favorite. 

i can't imagine how blink boards were before social media. just because we can't see mark's inbox or every discussion among them doesn't mean they aren't putting together plans or working. we knew nothing about the untitled shows and suddenly it came out of nowhere. i expect the same with something like this

Not really related to the discussion of Blink's future, but...

I spent a few hours driving the other day and listened to Dude Ranch from start to finish. Man, that album is the epitome of Blink. Immature lyrics that bear a serious undertone, catchy riffs and hard fast songs, strong friendship between band members, and creativity based on being a humble new band that doesn't really care what people think or how they're perceived. Makes me sad how far they've strayed from that, but it's understandable why they can't produce music like that anymore.

they were hungry, now they've been there done that. already on top of the world, for quite some time. there really isnt much left to accomplish.. can you blame them?

Blink wont cancel their European Dates as these are Festival dates and they will earn way more money. Regarding new music before then. They dont have to have an album out before those festival dates, remember the Honda Civic Tour, where they played new music before Neighborhoods came out, i could see them doing the same and we may get a track released before hand, dependent on the label situation as if they're independent they could release music anytime.

But i do get pissed with lack of Blink activity, they're so fucking lazy it's unreal but like alot of people say, were glad they're back and when we hear news - Great, but in the meantime Life Carries on as normal for me!